News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twins SPLOOGEFEST  ( 58,266 )

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Twins SPLOOGEFEST
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 05, 2009, 12:20:15 PM
And I'm leaving the 2nd part of your question unanswered because I don't understand it.

It was a smarmy way of saying that he gets paid a ton to be the good hitter that he is.  

Also, there's drunk...and then there's .26 drunk.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2009, 12:30:29 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on October 05, 2009, 12:26:44 PM
And I'm leaving the 2nd part of your question unanswered because I don't understand it.

It was a smarmy way of saying that he gets paid a ton to be the good hitter that he is.  

Okay, so he gets paid $15 million a year and he's worth $23.6

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2009, 12:36:54 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 05, 2009, 12:30:29 PM

So no one is arguing that he's bad at baseball.

Are you indicating that he's earned a Get Out of Jail free card here?  Because he's SABRific, and because he's ONLY making $15M...that Detroit fans/media/pundits/random jerkoffs like myself have no reason to question him for blowing a .26 and getting into a fight with his wife the morning before this game?  

If that's the point you are making...with all due respect...that's a pretty retarded stance.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2009, 12:45:21 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on October 05, 2009, 12:36:54 PM

Are you indicating that he's earned a Get Out of Jail free card here?  Because he's SABRific, and because he's ONLY making $15M...that Detroit fans/media/pundits/random jerkoffs like myself have no reason to question him for blowing a .26 and getting into a fight with his wife the morning before this game?  

If that's the point you are making...with all due respect...that's a pretty retarded stance.

My only point was responding to your initial point:
My recommendation for Miguel, is that he consider hitting 7 or 8 home runs tomorrow night. 
Imagine the off-season he will have if the Twins win the division.   BTW, he was 0-4, 6 LOB on Saturday night.

Which seemed to indicate that if the Tigers don't win tonight, it's on his shoulders for getting drunk on Friday night, which is not a good point.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2009, 12:50:19 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 05, 2009, 12:45:21 PM

Are you indicating that he's earned a Get Out of Jail free card here?  Because he's SABRific, and because he's ONLY making $15M...that Detroit fans/media/pundits/random jerkoffs like myself have no reason to question him for blowing a .26 and getting into a fight with his wife the morning before this game? 

My recommendation for Miguel, is that he consider hitting 7 or 8 home runs tomorrow night. 
Imagine the off-season he will have if the Twins win the division.   BTW, he was 0-4, 6 LOB on Saturday night.

Which seemed to indicate that if the Tigers don't win tonight, it's on his shoulders for getting drunk on Friday night, which is not a good point.

If your stud hitter is doing anything other than focusing on baseball during the last weekend of a season that you have a one-game lead...then he deserves some shit.  Is it on his shoulders alone?  No.  Nor did I remotely imply that.

You seem to be dodging my real question.  Are you saying that his behavior is OK, and that he deserves absolutely no backlash assuming the facts are as reported?

motown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2009, 12:51:44 PM »
How bout Cabrera's wife? Is there a reason she's nagging him at that hour of the night?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2009, 12:54:23 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on October 05, 2009, 12:50:19 PM

Imagine the off-season he will have if the Twins win the division.   BTW, he was 0-4, 6 LOB on Saturday night.

If your stud hitter is doing anything other than focusing on baseball during the last weekend of a season that you have a one-game lead...then he deserves some shit. Is it on his shoulders alone?  No.  Nor did I remotely imply that.

You seem to be dodging my real question.  Are you saying that his behavior is OK, and that he deserves absolutely no backlash assuming the facts are as reported?

I think this is not a realistic approach here...as much as we would like to think that all these guys focus all the time on their jobs, it's just not reality.
We don't do that with our jobs either...it's not like none of us has ever gotten wasted before a big day at work.  

He's obviously going to get grief for this, and as a fan, if this was Aramis maybe I'd feel differently, but I just don't see that he deserves some inordinate amount of blame for having 5-10 drinks too many after a game.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »
What if he was drinking to relate more to depressed, jobless Detroit autoworkers?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »
You seem to be dodging my real question.  Are you saying that his behavior is OK, and that he deserves absolutely no backlash assuming the facts are as reported?

I think he deserves to take some grief for his actions. That said, as Pen notes, he's one of the guys that got them to this point in the first place.

My bigger quibble is with this (a far cry from saying he deserves more than "absolutely no backlash" for this behavior)...

Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on October 05, 2009, 11:48:20 AM
If I were a GM, this guy would be on my list of players I wouldn't get near with Joe Francis' cock.

Are you saying you wouldn't want this CLUBHOUSE CANCER anywhere near the Cubs, for example?

Because that would be a ludicrous thing to say.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2009, 01:02:23 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 05, 2009, 12:54:23 PM

Imagine the off-season he will have if the Twins win the division.   BTW, he was 0-4, 6 LOB on Saturday night.

If your stud hitter is doing anything other than focusing on baseball during the last weekend of a season that you have a one-game lead...then he deserves some shit. Is it on his shoulders alone?  No.  Nor did I remotely imply that.

I think this is not a realistic approach here...as much as we would like to think that all these guys focus all the time on their jobs, it's just not reality.
We don't do that with our jobs either...it's not like none of us has ever gotten wasted before a big day at work.  

He's obviously going to get grief for this, and as a fan, if this was Aramis maybe I'd feel differently, but I just don't see that he deserves some inordinate amount of blame for having 5-10 drinks too many after a game.

THIS.  Sometimes I get shitfaced AT work.  Glorious.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 05, 2009, 01:02:23 PM

To be fair...you're the jizzmopper at a Strip Club.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 05, 2009, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 05, 2009, 01:02:23 PM

To be fair...you're the jizzmopper at a Strip Club.

Not yet, but one day.

Dare to dream...

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2009, 01:10:44 PM »
I don't know the strip clubs that PenFoe goes to, but if I thought that there was jizz that needed to be mopped at any of the places I had visited in my youth, I never would have set foot inside.  Gross.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »
Quote from: MAD on October 05, 2009, 01:10:44 PM
I don't know the strip clubs that PenFoe goes to, but if I thought that there was jizz that needed to be mopped at any of the places I had visited in my youth, I never would have set foot inside.  Gross.

We get it, you're cheap.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2009, 01:14:51 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 05, 2009, 01:13:30 PM
Quote from: MAD on October 05, 2009, 01:10:44 PM

We get it, you're cheap.

Perhaps, but I mainly try to stay away from strip clubs that have jizz on the floor.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)