News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012-2013 Boozer leads the Bulls to a last seed in the playoffs thread  ( 68,569 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
It's irritating the LeBron might end up as the best player ever, but is so hard to watch with all his flopping. He's 6-foot-9 and like 260 pounds of solid muscle. He shouldn't be falling down every other play.

I also think if Rose had come back a month ago and worked himself into normal game shape, the Bulls would have had a legitimate shot in this series.

#alittlebutthurt

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 10, 2013, 09:58:09 PM

I also think if Rose had come back a month ago and worked himself into normal game shape, the Bulls would have had a legitimate shot in this series.

I really don't think so.  I think Miami's playing down to their level a bit and if this team had Rose and Deng playing the Heat would up their game.  Still might take 6, though.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on May 11, 2013, 12:45:12 PM

I really don't think so.  I think Miami's playing down to their level a bit and if this team had Rose and Deng playing the Heat would up their game.  Still might take 6, though.

They beat a much better Bulls team with a healthy Rose et al. in five games two years ago. And that was before they had Allen, Cole, Andersen or Battier. It was also before they developed their offense to the point it's at now. I don't know how people reasonably think the Bulls would beat them then or now.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 11, 2013, 07:18:56 PM

They beat a much better Bulls team with a healthy Rose et al. in five games two years ago. And that was before they had Allen, Cole, Andersen or Battier. It was also before they developed their offense to the point it's at now. I don't know how people reasonably think the Bulls would beat them then or now.

I said they would have had a shot with Rose, not that they would totally, definitely win.

Also, I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure that Bulls team was better two years ago. Noah has improved a ton in two years and Jimmy Butler is clearly an upgrade over that Bogans/Brewer combo they were trotting out. And Nate Robinson can actually provide offense off the bench, which is something the 2011 team didn't have.

Makes the comments by Reggie Rose (and, um, me) from earlier this season look dumb.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 12, 2013, 08:23:15 AM

I really don't think so.  I think Miami's playing down to their level a bit and if this team had Rose and Deng playing the Heat would up their game.  Still might take 6, though.

I said they would have had a shot with Rose, not that they would totally, definitely win.

Also, I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure that Bulls team was better two years ago. Noah has improved a ton in two years and Jimmy Butler is clearly an upgrade over that Bogans/Brewer combo they were trotting out. And Nate Robinson can actually provide offense off the bench, which is something the 2011 team didn't have.

Makes the comments by Reggie Rose (and, um, me) from earlier this season look dumb.

They really did have depth though, which would seem to prevent the decimation of the roster we've seen this year. And they had Asik back before anybody thought he was worth a shit. C.J. Watson... I guess their defensive system is two years advanced from where it was then. Still, they had the best record in the league, for what that's worth. You may be right.

But now this team will continue to get treated like the Heat's mother-in-law and eventually Miami will have to stoop to their level to let them know what total shitheads they are. See: Dexter Pittman/Lance Stephenson, Udonis Haslem/Tyler Hansbrough or hopefully LeBron Cobradick/Jason Terry. It's coming. Once this thing is in the refrigerator a head or two is going to roll.  

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 12, 2013, 11:24:51 AM

I really don't think so.  I think Miami's playing down to their level a bit and if this team had Rose and Deng playing the Heat would up their game.  Still might take 6, though.

They really did have depth though, which would seem to prevent the decimation of the roster we've seen this year. And they had Asik back before anybody thought he was worth a shit. C.J. Watson... I guess their defensive system is two years advanced from where it was then. Still, they had the best record in the league, for what that's worth. You may be right.

But now this team will continue to get treated like the Heat's mother-in-law and eventually Miami will have to stoop to their level to let them know what total shitheads they are. See: Dexter Pittman/Lance Stephenson, Udonis Haslem/Tyler Hansbrough or hopefully LeBron Cobradick/Jason Terry. It's coming. Once this thing is in the refrigerator a head or two is going to roll.  

This is probably a great vindication for you, after you spent all those years following those terrible Heat teams.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on May 12, 2013, 05:52:14 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 12, 2013, 11:24:51 AM

This is probably a great vindication for you, after you spent all those years following those terrible Heat teams.

Would you mind trotting that joke out about 70 more times? I don't think you've gotten your money's worth yet.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 12, 2013, 06:31:52 PM
Would you mind trotting that joke out about 70 more times?

Nope.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 12, 2013, 09:29:56 PM

Nope.

I invest more time and energy in one month with this team than I have in the past four years of Cubs baseball combined. My interest in them is young. But my basketball butthurt is mine. It has always been mine and where I focus it is my decision only. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone, even me. My butthurt is my mother, my father, that brother in the alley. It's my doctor when I'm in need, better than coke or even weed. I know it. It's my friend. My main boy, thick or thin. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 13, 2013, 09:47:57 AM

Nope.

I invest more time and energy in one month with this team than I have in the past four years of Cubs baseball combined. My interest in them is young. But my basketball butthurt is mine. It has always been mine and where I focus it is my decision only. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone, even me. My butthurt is my mother, my father, that brother in the alley. It's my doctor when I'm in need, better than coke or even weed. I know it. It's my friend. My main boy, thick or thin. 

For the love of God, leave Curtis Mayfield out of this.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 13, 2013, 10:24:35 AM

Nope.

For the love of God, leave Curtis Mayfield out of this.

Don't worry. If there's Hell below, we're all gonna go.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Nope.

Not even a little bit.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Nope.

So if LeBron opts out after next season and Miami is left with a broken-down Wade, Chris Bosh and a bunch of decrepit role players, where will you take your butthurt?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2013, 12:02:13 PM

Nope.

So if LeBron opts out after next season and Miami is left with a broken-down Wade, Chris Bosh and a bunch of decrepit role players, where will you take your butthurt?

Brooklyn?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2013, 12:02:13 PM

Nope.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But I don't think LeBron's going to opt out. As long as he remains in Miami with Riley calling the shots, they'll be able to recruit useful veterans willing to take a pay cut in order to play for a title every single year.