News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 58,112 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2010, 08:45:51 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 02, 2010, 10:34:30 PM
Two questions.

1. Does anybody think that the Cubs can possibly win a World Championship so long as Jim Hendry helms the organization?

2. If the answer to #1 is "hellz no," and if Hendry is indeed returning for 2011 -- and, Christ, possibly beyond -- does his choice of manager actually matter?

Therefore, it might as well be Ryne Sandberg.  It'll deceive Cub fans into a temporary state of happiness, right up until the continued shitty play of the club turns us against the greatest second baseman to ever wear a Cubs uniform. 

Of course, I'm talking about Glenn Beckert. 

Well, they did have the best team in the NL in 2008 under him, but going forward, no way.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2010, 09:36:44 AM »
Jim needs to bring back DeRosa as player-manager.  Right that wrong.  When's the last time this stupid league's had a player-manager anyway?  Rose?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 03, 2010, 09:36:44 AM
Jim needs to bring back DeRosa as player-manager.  Right that wrong.  When's the last ime this stupid league's had a player-manager anyway?  Rose?

ROSe...DeROSa?

The similarities are CHILLING.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:57 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 03, 2010, 09:38:52 AM

So CHILLING as to almost appear computer generated.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 03, 2010, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 03, 2010, 09:39:57 AM
Quote from: Bort on September 03, 2010, 09:38:52 AM

So CHILLING as to almost appear computer generated.

Dan Brown walks into a bar...

Classic.

QuoteThe bartender's silence spoke leaflets. After what seemed like a long time, he unsilenced and spoke again. "What would you like to drink?" he said slowly, a little too slowly. Almost like it was in code. If there was one thing Dan Brown could do, besides bookery, it was being able to pull hidden codes from seemingly nowhere, at least to anyone who wasn't he - Dan Brown.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
Two questions.

1. Does anybody think that the Cubs can possibly win a World Championship so long as Jim Hendry helms the organization?

2. If the answer to #1 is "hellz no," and if Hendry is indeed returning for 2011 -- and, Christ, possibly beyond -- does his choice of manager actually matter?

Therefore, it might as well be Ryne Sandberg.  It'll deceive Cub fans into a temporary state of happiness, right up until the continued shitty play of the club turns us against the greatest second baseman to ever wear a Cubs uniform. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2010, 11:43:49 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 03, 2010, 10:41:57 AM
Two questions.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

smg

• Hank White Fan Club

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »
Quote from: smg on September 04, 2010, 03:41:40 PM
Too bad we can't get a cool manager.

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/04/dusty-bakers-house-of-cool/

QuotePaul Daughtery, a Cincinnati Enquirer columnist, said that was high praise coming from Baker, whose wristbands and toothpick and smooth self-assurance make him one of baseball's coolest characters.

Wristbands and toothpicks?

Steve McQueen would be rolling over in his grave if he hadn't been too cool to be buried in the earth.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 04, 2010, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: smg on September 04, 2010, 03:41:40 PM
Too bad we can't get a cool manager.

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/04/dusty-bakers-house-of-cool/

QuotePaul Daughtery, a Cincinnati Enquirer columnist, said that was high praise coming from Baker, whose wristbands and toothpick and smooth self-assurance make him one of baseball's coolest characters.

Wristbands and toothpicks?

Steve McQueen would be rolling over in his grave if he hadn't been too cool to be buried in the earth.

Paul Daughtery makes Jay Marriotti look like Bernie Lincicome. He's the WORST.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »
Ryno has plenty of free time to prepare for a follow-up interview with Hendry. The I-Cubs blew the division title on the final day of the season and won't be going to the playoffs.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2010, 09:53:05 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 06, 2010, 04:14:59 PM
Ryno has plenty of free time to prepare for a follow-up interview with Hendry. The I-Cubs blew the division title on the final day of the season and won't be going to the playoffs.

He's perfect.