News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 58,106 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »
Phildo: GIVE RYNO THE REINS!!!!11!!

QuoteMaybe he would flame out spectacularly. Maybe he would turn into a North Side version of Ozzie Guillen, without so many expletives having to be deleted.

It's a roll of the dice.

I say put the bones in his hands and stand back, hoping that this time next year — or the year after that, two years after that, even three years after that — Cub Nation rings with cries of "hot shooter, hot shooter.''

Sure. Fuck it.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
Quote from: Phildo on September 09, 2010, 01:59:17 PM
I say put the bones in his hands and stand back, hoping that this time next year — or the year after that, two years after that, even three years after that — Cub Nation rings with cries of "hot shooter, hot shooter.''

Groooooosssss.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2010, 04:38:03 PM »
Did I miss any?

Brenly
Girardi?
Gonzalez
La Russa?
Listach
Melvin
Quade
Sandberg
Torre?
Trammell
Wakamatsu
Wedge
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
Shawon Dunston with the ringing endorsement of his double play partner:

QuoteFormer double-play partner Shawon Dunston, in town as part of the Giants' coaching staff, was a little surprised by Sandberg's post-playing coaching experience.

"When we sat around when we were young, we all knew Joe Girardi would be a manager, we knew Ryno would be a Hall of Famer and we knew Andre [Dawson] and Greg [Maddux] would be Hall of Famers. But no, I never envisioned Ryno being a manager."

Dunston, who played next to Sandberg for portions of 10 years, hasn't been in touch with him since spring training.

"I hear he gets thrown out of games," Dunston said. "He never got thrown out when I played with him. That's kind of funny, right there, because he'd only say three or four words a day when we played together."

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2010, 06:10:23 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on September 22, 2010, 04:38:03 PM
Did I miss any?

Brenly
Girardi?
Gonzalez
La Russa?
Listach
Melvin
Quade
Sandberg
Torre?
Trammell
Wakamatsu
Wedge

Can we add Cito Gaston to the list and cross off Ryno?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2010, 07:20:05 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 09, 2010, 02:37:48 PM
Quote from: Phildo on September 09, 2010, 01:59:17 PM

Groooooosssss.

At least he didn't say "knuckle babies, knuckle babies".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2010, 08:25:45 AM »
Admittedly I haven't watched more than a handful of games all year, but how is quade when it comes to in game decisions, etc?
Granted their schedule now is pretty easy, they have no pressure, etc.. I'm assuming quade will be our manager going forward, especially if they keep winning..

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2010, 08:31:07 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 23, 2010, 08:25:45 AM
Admittedly I haven't watched more than a handful of games all year, but how is quade when it comes to in game decisions, etc?
Granted their schedule now is pretty easy, they have no pressure, etc.. I'm assuming quade will be our manager going forward, especially if they keep winning..

He's a bunting machine. He sucks

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2010, 08:42:29 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on September 22, 2010, 06:10:23 PM
Did I miss any?

Brenly
Girardi?
Gonzalez
La Russa?
Listach
Melvin
Quade
Sandberg
Torre?
Trammell
Wakamatsu
Wedge

How many others on this "long list" are Hall of Famers? Fuck yeah, cross him off.

Shit, he might as well start looking at homes in Toronto today.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2010, 08:55:58 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 23, 2010, 08:31:07 AM

Thanks for the scoop, Chuck.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2010, 11:24:55 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 23, 2010, 08:42:29 AM
Did I miss any?

Brenly
Girardi?
Gonzalez
La Russa?
Listach
Melvin
Quade
Sandberg
Torre?
Trammell
Wakamatsu
Wedge

How many others on this "long list" are Hall of Famers? Fuck yeah, cross him off.

Or Seattle. Or Phoenix (where he already has a home). Or Milwaukee.

Interestingly, Kevin Towers took the job in Arizona and said Greg Maddux has a standing offer to be pitching coach, bench coach, bullpen coach, equipment manager, bullpen catcher, left fielder, manager, whatever he wants.

Why doesn't anyone want Jim Hendry or Randy Bush?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 23, 2010, 11:24:55 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 23, 2010, 08:42:29 AM
Did I miss any?

Brenly
Girardi?
Gonzalez
La Russa?
Listach
Melvin
Quade
Sandberg
Torre?
Trammell
Wakamatsu
Wedge

Or Seattle. Or Phoenix (where he already has a home). Or Milwaukee.

Interestingly, Kevin Towers took the job in Arizona and said Greg Maddux has a standing offer to be pitching coach, bench coach, bullpen coach, equipment manager, bullpen catcher, left fielder, manager, whatever he wants.

Why doesn't anyone want Jim Hendry or Randy Bush?

Not Phoenix, Gibson is staying.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »

Is this a Shoutbox joke that I don't understand?  In the past 28 days, they've laid down 7 successful bunts.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on September 23, 2010, 11:47:27 AM

Is this a Shoutbox joke that I don't understand?  In the past 28 days, they've laid down 7 successful bunts.

This is about that one time that Quade made Castro bunt with two men on as some sort of "learning experience".  So naturally, this means he bunts a lot.  And no, I'm not going to address the irony in the fact that a self professed "stat fag" is basing his entire opinion of Quade on a single instance of bunting.

Or maybe I am.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on September 23, 2010, 11:47:27 AM

Just referencing my accusation that Sandberg bunts too much based off of something I heard on the Score. I didn't really know what Quade's feelings on bunts were. Just poking fun at him.

BUT....

What is a "successful" bunt?

Quote from: CT III on September 23, 2010, 11:51:21 AM
This is about that one time that Quade made Castro bunt with two men on as some sort of "learning experience".  So naturally, this means he bunts a lot.  And no, I'm not going to address the irony in the fact that a self professed "stat fag" is basing his entire opinion of Quade on a single instance of bunting.

Or maybe I am.

I forgot all about that actually