News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 58,109 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: The Genius
Slash

Who?  Slash?  What kind of name is

named after a rock 'n' roll guitarist

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Slash!  Of course!  Thanks for explaining, Tony.

"This is Obama.  He's named after a famous U.S. president."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 03, 2013, 03:44:41 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 03, 2013, 11:19:53 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 03, 2013, 10:15:04 AM
Here's a hypothetical that'll never hai but it's a fun little complex: Tony LaRussa. Definitely had his St. Louis success, but we have so much hatred for him/them. So, discuss cause SPORTZ

Fun?  You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

I don't mean quell everybody's enthusiasm about this pending discussion but it seems our friend Tony has slipped around the bend.

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/tony-la-russa-17-cats/205986

QuoteLa Russa said there were 17 cats at the moment at his home in the Bay Area, all of them rescued. Now let's be clear: Only a handful were permanent members of the La Russa clan. The rest were foster cats, ones the La Russas were caring for temporarily until they could be placed in homes. Still, La Russa could name them, even the newcomers. It took a couple of minutes, a few pauses, but he ticked them off, one by one, as if running down a lineup card.

'Skye, Pearl, Slash — named after a rock 'n' roll guitarist—Sophia, Maggie, Jack — my daughter found him in the parking lot of a Jack in the Box—Stella, Sierra, Kachina, Lakota, Fergus, Dexter — he's very precocious — Misha, Cammie, Eddie, Patchy, Pawnee.'

Yes: That is all 17. Yes: It sounded as amazing as it reads.

He stopped fostering dogs following the "Edmonds Incident".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Dusty's available. I bet the Cubs are regretting throwing out those 3 gross of toothpicks this week.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 03, 2013, 05:27:41 PM
Slash

Who?  Slash?  What kind of name is

named after a rock 'n' roll guitarist

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Slash!  Of course!  Thanks for explaining, Tony.

"This is Obama.  He's named after a famous U.S. president."

How about the kitten named after Kordell Stewart?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Any particular reason why I shouldn't prefer Man E. Acta over Girardi? Seams to me he'd be more likely to take marching orders from Theo and Jed on lineups and managing tactics. Might as well give these EGGHEADS full autonomy to sink or swim.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on October 08, 2013, 11:49:17 AM
Any particular reason why I shouldn't prefer Man E. Acta over Girardi? Seams to me he'd be more likely to take marching orders from Theo and Jed on lineups and managing tactics. Might as well give these EGGHEADS full autonomy to sink or swim.

He's probably the strongest fallback option.  Speaks Spanish, which should help him communicate with Castro and Soler and everyone else in a modern Major League clubhouse.  He's never had much talent to work with, so he's more of an unknown than Girardi.  His egghead approach should help, IN THE ABSTRACT, but who knows.  On the other hand, he was fired and replaced with Jim Riggleman, so, buyer beware.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Any particular reason why I shouldn't prefer Man E. Acta over Girardi? Seams to me he'd be more likely to take marching orders from Theo and Jed on lineups and managing tactics.

Wasn't Sveum supposed to do that, too?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 08, 2013, 02:12:55 PM
Any particular reason why I shouldn't prefer Man E. Acta over Girardi? Seams to me he'd be more likely to take marching orders from Theo and Jed on lineups and managing tactics.

Wasn't Sveum supposed to do that, too?

Yes?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The new manager is not Joe Girardi.  Good.

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/388016405242580992

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Score is reporting that Joe Girardi has decided to stay with the Yankees. Time for Plan B.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 09, 2013, 02:25:22 PM
The Score is reporting that Joe Girardi has decided to stay with the Yankees. Time for Plan B.

Head to your pharmacist, Tony LaRussa.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 09, 2013, 02:25:22 PM
The Score is reporting that Joe Girardi has decided to stay with the Yankees. Time for Plan B FYC.

No Girardi, no Cano, no problem'd
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The field has cleared for Jim Essian quite nicely.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 09, 2013, 03:11:19 PM
The field has cleared for Jim EssianDave Martinez quite nicely.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 10, 2013, 08:41:28 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 09, 2013, 03:11:19 PM
The field has cleared for Jim EssianDave Martinez quite nicely.

Talk about a Ryne Sandberg suicide watch when Martinez leads the Cubs to the World Series.