News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,670 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #1110 on: September 27, 2017, 08:49:20 AM »
The Cardinals are fighting for their lives, while the Cubs really don't have any urgency (I mean, I know they want to wrap this up but they only need to win 1 game and still have 5 cracks to do so, 3 against Cincinnati).  The Cardinals roll out their ace, who can't throw strikes with a lead and get out of the 5th inning.  Even still, they have an 8-3 lead in the 8th and the Cubs yawn, shrug their shoulders, and come within a run of tying it and at least necessitate St. Louis bringing their closer in during this penultimate inning.  Said closer ends up throwing 31 pitches on the evening, which will basically leave him unavailable for tonight.  I'm not sure how to articulate my point here, other than to say it sadistically pleases me to see a desperate Cardinals team--with most everything working in their favor last night--scrap and sweat and stress and hang on to win a game over a largely diincentivized Cubs team just to live another day.

Now it's time for the Cubs to put these assholes out their misery today and tomorrow.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1111 on: September 27, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on September 27, 2017, 08:49:20 AM
The Cardinals are fighting for their lives, while the Cubs really don't have any urgency (I mean, I know they want to wrap this up but they only need to win 1 game and still have 5 cracks to do so, 3 against Cincinnati).  The Cardinals roll out their ace, who can't throw strikes with a lead and get out of the 5th inning.  Even still, they have an 8-3 lead in the 8th and the Cubs yawn, shrug their shoulders, and come within a run of tying it and at least necessitate St. Louis bringing their closer in during this penultimate inning.  Said closer ends up throwing 31 pitches on the evening, which will basically leave him unavailable for tonight.  I'm not sure how to articulate my point here, other than to say it sadistically pleases me to see a desperate Cardinals team--with most everything working in their favor last night--scrap and sweat and stress and hang on to win a game over a largely diincentivized Cubs team just to live another day.

Now it's time for the Cubs to put these assholes out their misery today and tomorrow.

And the Cubs put out a lineup that was borderline "day after clinching." They weren't even trying last night. If Russell or Baez is playing short last night, it's 1-0 after the first, not 3-0.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1112 on: September 27, 2017, 09:04:48 AM »
The Cardinals are fighting for their lives, while the Cubs really don't have any urgency (I mean, I know they want to wrap this up but they only need to 1 game and still have 5 cracks to do so, 3 against Cincinnati).  The Cardinals roll out their ace, who can't throw strikes with a lead and get out of the 5th inning.  Even still, they have an 8-3 lead in the 8th and the Cubs yawn, shrug their shoulders, and come within a run of tying it and at least necessitate St. Louis bringing their closer in during this penultimate inning.  Said closer ends up throwing 31 pitches on the evening, which will basically leave him unavailable for tonight.  I'm not sure how to articulate my point here, other than to say it sadistically pleases me to see a desperate Cardinals team--with most everything working in their favor last night--scrap and sweat and stress and hang on to win a game over a largely diincentivized Cubs team just to live another day.

The Cardinals have a legitimately good rotation. They have the 7th best ERA in baseball, actually better than the Cubs (though the Cubs have been better in the second half). The Cubs destroy all of them, regardless.

Career ERA for each Cardinals starter followed by their career era vs Cubs:

Martinez: 3.42, 4.53
Wacha: 3.80, 6.32
Lynn: 3.39, 4.18
Wainwright: 3.29, 4.08 (which has jumped significantly the last 3 years as he used to dominate them regularly before then)
Weaver: 4.21, 12.38

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1113 on: September 27, 2017, 11:18:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 27, 2017, 09:04:48 AM
The Cardinals are fighting for their lives, while the Cubs really don't have any urgency (I mean, I know they want to wrap this up but they only need to 1 game and still have 5 cracks to do so, 3 against Cincinnati).  The Cardinals roll out their ace, who can't throw strikes with a lead and get out of the 5th inning.  Even still, they have an 8-3 lead in the 8th and the Cubs yawn, shrug their shoulders, and come within a run of tying it and at least necessitate St. Louis bringing their closer in during this penultimate inning.  Said closer ends up throwing 31 pitches on the evening, which will basically leave him unavailable for tonight.  I'm not sure how to articulate my point here, other than to say it sadistically pleases me to see a desperate Cardinals team--with most everything working in their favor last night--scrap and sweat and stress and hang on to win a game over a largely diincentivized Cubs team just to live another day.

The Cardinals have a legitimately good rotation. They have the 7th best ERA in baseball, actually better than the Cubs (though the Cubs have been better in the second half). The Cubs destroy all of them, regardless.

Career ERA for each Cardinals starter followed by their career era vs Cubs:

Martinez: 3.42, 4.53
Wacha: 3.80, 6.32
Lynn: 3.39, 4.18
Wainwright: 3.29, 4.08 (which has jumped significantly the last 3 years as he used to dominate them regularly before then)
Weaver: 4.21, 12.38

This post needs a NSFW tag.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1115 on: September 27, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
As far as the Cubs-Cards rivalry goes, this has to be second only to beating them in the NLDS in 2015.
M'lady.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1117 on: September 27, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1118 on: September 27, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »
Ahhh, the tears from the mouthbreathers on Viva el Birdos couldn't be more delicious. A WHOLE 64 posts on their game thread tonight. Plenty of lamenting on how their team has just basically fallen off the face of the earth the last couple of years. Keep it coming hickerbillies.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1120 on: September 28, 2017, 02:04:52 AM »
Tommy Pham isn't mad, he's actually laughing.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?