News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Marquis de suc defenestration thread  ( 56,179 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Marquis de suc defenestration thread
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2008, 08:19:20 AM »
That contract is the worst of Hendry's tenure. Marquis has less than no trade value. If he'd put together 3 or 4 decent starts going into the deadline he'd have maybe a little. But alas... 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:22 AM »
Yesterday would have been a 15-12 game if you had the 2000 Cubs staff. Marquis didn't have great stuff, but he lasted 6 innings. He's strung together some decent starts. He might have some value yet.  The next couple days could be, um, interesting.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »
Quote from: TJ on July 28, 2008, 08:28:22 AM
Yesterday would have been a 15-12 game if you had the 2000 Cubs staff. Marquis didn't have great stuff, but he lasted 6 innings. He's strung together some decent starts. He might have some value yet.  The next couple days could be, um, interesting.

Don't quote me, but the rumor here in the Bay Area is that the Giants are interested in Marquis for Lincecum, straight up.

(Can I be ex-communicated for this?)
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »

The thing that was frustrating about this whole series is that the pitching staff had Chlamydia er Hermida or whatever you'd want to call that rare form of STD the first few games...and then it was one hitter that did virtually all the damage to Marquis (with the help of BB's and a HBP).

Sure, hitters get in grooves, but it also seems to reflect a total lack of preparation/clue to get someone out when you're handling 7 guys to only get smoked by the 8th.  Repeatedly.

And with an erratic offense, any chance we can pin some of that on poor advance scouting?  Seems to me that might explain a lot, from both sides of the ball.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2008, 05:48:55 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 28, 2008, 01:31:29 PM

The thing that was frustrating about this whole series is that the pitching staff had Chlamydia er Hermida or whatever you'd want to call that rare form of STD the first few games...and then it was one hitter that did virtually all the damage to Marquis (with the help of BB's and a HBP).

Sure, hitters get in grooves, but it also seems to reflect a total lack of preparation/clue to get someone out when you're handling 7 guys to only get smoked by the 8th.  Repeatedly.

And with an erratic offense, any chance we can pin some of that on poor advance scouting?  Seems to me that might explain a lot, from both sides of the ball.

Who in the world would call a man Chlamydia? That's disgusting.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2008, 01:47:33 PM »
Wow, Marquis can't even get the ubiquitous Jason Michaels and Andy LaRoche out...and another Marquis HBP scores.  And Jack Wilson ropes an RBI single too.

Seriously, Marquis' career as a Cub needs to be euthanized after this outing.

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2008, 03:39:16 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 01, 2008, 01:47:33 PM
Wow, Marquis can't even get the ubiquitous Jason Michaels and Andy LaRoche out...and another Marquis HBP scores.  And Jack Wilson ropes an RBI single too.

Again, not fair. Marquis may be a joke compared to the Cubs' other 4 starters, but he gives up 3 runs in 6 IP, there's nothing wrong with that for a #5 starting pitcher. Problem of course is that once again, for the umpteenth time the last five years, an absolute nobody pitcher faces the Cubs and they can't hit squat off of him. Future Cy Young winner Jeff Karstens, um, yeah.

This got me laughing though, so true if you've ever been to the East Coast during summertime. Can't we just nuke these fucken people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjLaJO8QEuw

RETIRED

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2008, 03:48:49 PM »
Quote from: The Paul Popovich Experience on August 01, 2008, 03:39:16 PM

Again, not fair. Marquis may be a joke compared to the Cubs' other 4 starters, but he gives up 3 runs in 6 IP, there's nothing wrong with that for a #5 starting pitcher. Problem of course is that once again, for the umpteenth time the last five years, an absolute nobody pitcher faces the Cubs and they can't hit squat off of him. Future Cy Young winner Jeff Karstens, um, yeah.

This got me laughing though, so true if you've ever been to the East Coast during summertime. Can't we just nuke these fucken people?

They just scored 31 runs in 4 games against their closest division rival.  They can't score 8 a game every game.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2008, 03:52:28 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on August 01, 2008, 03:48:49 PM

They just scored 31 runs in 4 games against their closest division rival.  They can't score 8 a game every game.

I'd settle for 4 or 5 today.
01/20/2013

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2008, 04:03:37 PM »

I'm married to an Italian girl from Jersey.
Christ will I get some mileage out of that clip.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2008, 04:34:43 PM »

Again, not fair. Marquis may be a joke compared to the Cubs' other 4 starters, but he gives up 3 runs in 6 IP, there's nothing wrong with that for a #5 starting pitcher.

I was anticipating it getting uglier.  He actually got out of a few jams.  And he would turn in a performance good enough to win, when we don't score.  Asshole.

I'm still on board with axing this guy.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2008, 06:27:26 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 01, 2008, 04:34:43 PM

Again, not fair. Marquis may be a joke compared to the Cubs' other 4 starters, but he gives up 3 runs in 6 IP, there's nothing wrong with that for a #5 starting pitcher.

I was anticipating it getting uglier.  He actually got out of a few jams.  And he would turn in a performance good enough to win, when we don't score.  Asshole.

I'm still on board with axing this guy.

Well of course he did.  He always keeps us in games.  However, he never keeps a lead in games.  We could have scored 5 in the 5th, and Marquis would have proceeded to give up 3 more runs to blow the lead.

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2008, 06:47:44 AM »
So how much longer before they DFA this assbag? Four straight losses, an ERA of 6 since the break, and a history of second half shitfests? They can't possibly be willing to give this douche 8-10 more starts, can they?
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.

theoneandonlyjim

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2008, 02:13:36 PM »
Christ on a bike.
Too many late nights raising hell worked a little all too well...

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »
I'm a reasonable man, but this should be the end of the reign of the Marquis de Suc.