News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,103 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 22, 2009, 06:51:58 PM
I'm pumped about the Living Rosters.

Does this mean I can't have a team of zombies?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2009, 12:40:38 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 27, 2009, 12:33:53 PM
Wow, this game sounds beyond shitty.

Shh.. Don't deter me from wasting $60.00

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2009, 01:23:08 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 27, 2009, 12:33:53 PM
Wow, this game sounds beyond shitty.

I can't believe this is the only option for 360-only people.  I really hope it's better than 2K8, at least, which I thought was somewhat passable.
Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »
DPD, but if these are really the hitting options, this could be quite awesome (from O.S.):

QuoteHere's what the mod at the 2k forums had to say

1) Default – Time your swing with the RSTICK by pressing BACK then UP. In this mode, the LSTICK influences your hit (Left=Left, Right=Right, Up=Flyball, Down=Groundball)

2) Zone Hitting - Time your swing with the RSTICK by pressing BACK then UP. In this mode the LSTICK moves the HITTING CURSOR that looks like a bat in order for you to hit the ball, you have to put the cursor in the same zone where the pitch is thrown. The zone hitting cursor also has a "sweet spot" where if the ball is lined up perfectly with that sweet spot, the player will get a boost to the hit.

3) Classic – Press A to Swing

Zone Hitting sounds fantastic and complicated (in a good way).
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 27, 2009, 01:57:02 PM
DPD, but if these are really the hitting options, this could be quite awesome (from O.S.):

1) Default – Time your swing with the RSTICK by pressing BACK then UP. In this mode, the LSTICK influences your hit (Left=Left, Right=Right, Up=Flyball, Down=Groundball)

2) Zone Hitting - Time your swing with the RSTICK by pressing BACK then UP. In this mode the LSTICK moves the HITTING CURSOR that looks like a bat in order for you to hit the ball, you have to put the cursor in the same zone where the pitch is thrown. The zone hitting cursor also has a "sweet spot" where if the ball is lined up perfectly with that sweet spot, the player will get a boost to the hit.

It sounds like the All Star Baseball swing mechanic.  I'm hoping that the stadiums and environments get an upgrade.  Has anyone ever played The Show?  How do the stadiums look for that one?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
    • moviemantim@hotmail.com
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 27, 2009, 02:16:00 PM

It sounds like the All Star Baseball swing mechanic.

It does.

And anything reminiscent of All-Star Baseball is, well, not good.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
Quote from: Timmy B on January 27, 2009, 04:10:58 PM

It does.

Or it could be awesome, like this.
Hire Jim Essian!

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »
2K's "MLB Front Office Manager" is out today. I don't plan on getting it immediately, maybe when it inevitably comes a 10 or 15 dollar buy. In the fall, I bought the combo of Madden and NFL Head Coach and ended up playing Head Coach much more. In fact, I just popped Head Coach back in the Xbox about two weeks ago (I usually rotate three or four games every couple weeks to not just fall in a rut of playing one game all the time) and am enjoying it immensely. Anyway, I'll probably end up getting 2K9 when it comes out and wait on getting Front Office Manager, yet I get the feeling from the previews that I'll end up enjoying Front Office Manager more.

Although this screenshot of Wrigley from Front Office Manager did piss me off. What the heck?

Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 27, 2009, 04:43:59 PM
Quote from: Timmy B on January 27, 2009, 04:10:58 PM

It does.

Or it could be awesome, like this.

That's what I'm talking about. I would just buy that game and play it as is, if it didn't mean buying a PS3 and importing the goddamn thing from Japan AND learning how to read Japanese menus and what not. Apparently the PS3 is region free, so you just have to get your hands on that game and you've got a baseball game to play. That hitting system is almost exactly like Power Pros, and that game, for those that have Wii, is fantastic.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »

As does Classic. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2009, 08:21:17 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 27, 2009, 06:31:07 PM
2K's "MLB Front Office Manager" is out today. I don't plan on getting it immediately, maybe when it inevitably comes a 10 or 15 dollar buy. In the fall, I bought the combo of Madden and NFL Head Coach and ended up playing Head Coach much more. In fact, I just popped Head Coach back in the Xbox about two weeks ago (I usually rotate three or four games every couple weeks to not just fall in a rut of playing one game all the time) and am enjoying it immensely. Anyway, I'll probably end up getting 2K9 when it comes out and wait on getting Front Office Manager, yet I get the feeling from the previews that I'll end up enjoying Front Office Manager more.

Although this screenshot of Wrigley from Front Office Manager did piss me off. What the heck?

Yellon was removed for disciplinary reasons.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »
After reading IGN's hands-on, I don't know what to think.  I'm very intrigued.  Some great stuff in there:

• It sounds like they added MVP 2005's "Batter's Eye" feature where you can tell the difference between fastball/changeup/breaking ball by a flash of color when the pitch is delivered.
  • Even though they "dumbed down" the pitching, it sounds like you can toggle an option to make it just like last year (excellent).
  • The batting camera, which I thought was one of the reasons it was so difficult to determine balls and strikes, has been lowered.
  • Player ambition, like the NBA 2K series, has been incorporated.
  • The menu system is going to look like MLB.com (hopefully less of an eyesore, though).

I'm sure I'm getting this on release day regardless, but if they iron out the framerate, this might actually be the first really solid baseball title on the 360.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2009, 07:26:19 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 27, 2009, 08:52:24 PM
After reading IGN's hands-on, I don't know what to think.  I'm very intrigued.  Some great stuff in there:

• It sounds like they added MVP 2005's "Batter's Eye" feature where you can tell the difference between fastball/changeup/breaking ball by a flash of color when the pitch is delivered.
  • Even though they "dumbed down" the pitching, it sounds like you can toggle an option to make it just like last year (excellent).
  • The batting camera, which I thought was one of the reasons it was so difficult to determine balls and strikes, has been lowered.
  • The menu system is going to look like MLB.com (hopefully less of an eyesore, though).

I'm sure I'm getting this on release day regardless, but if they iron out the framerate, this might actually be the first really solid baseball title on the 360.

That's what we said before 2K8's release.  We were disappointed and the game needed a patch.  We're saying that it'll be solid this year and it might, but it will undoubtedly be inferior to The Show on PS3.

I hate that they dumbed down the pitching, but it seems that you can add the third step in the pitching interface through the settings menus, which is good.  There's also saving in the middle of games (EAT IT WEEBS), which I love.  I'm sure I'll be getting the game regardless as I love baseball games, but I really wish The Show was multiplatform.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2009, 07:43:34 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on January 27, 2009, 08:21:17 PM
Quote from: BC on January 27, 2009, 06:31:07 PM

Yellon was removed for disciplinary reasons.

What's nice is after the game you get to see a guy in morts slide down one of the rooftop bleachers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 28, 2009, 07:26:19 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 27, 2009, 08:52:24 PM

That's what we said before 2K8's release.  We were disappointed and the game needed a patch.  We're saying that it'll be solid this year and it might, but it will undoubtedly be inferior to The Show on PS3.

I hate that they dumbed down the pitching, but it seems that you can add the third step in the pitching interface through the settings menus, which is good.  There's also saving in the middle of games (EAT IT WEEBS), which I love.  I'm sure I'll be getting the game regardless as I love baseball games, but I really wish The Show was multiplatform.

I don't get it.