News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,107 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 29, 2009, 05:33:26 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 29, 2009, 02:21:11 PM
Team Xbox has a much more positive preview (surprise, surprise) of Tonker's game.

I like the idea of the broadcast booth interrupting themselves to call a play, and then returning to their previous topic.

I hope TeamXbox wasn't obligated to say any of that stuff.  If not, this game definitely has some promise.  I'd say the framerate and lack of variety for hits were my two biggest complains from last year's game, and both seem to be addressed.  Hopefully they'll release a demo that isn't as unbelievably horrible as 2k8's demo was.

Someone on O.S. pointed out that TeamXbox shouldn't be obligated, since they're owned by IGN, and aren't having their salaries paid by anyone connected to MS.  I'm going to remain hopeful.  Then, I'll run out like an idiot on release day and buy it so you jerks don't have to.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2009, 06:55:45 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 29, 2009, 06:09:03 PM
Team Xbox has a much more positive preview (surprise, surprise) of Tonker's game.

I like the idea of the broadcast booth interrupting themselves to call a play, and then returning to their previous topic.

I hope TeamXbox wasn't obligated to say any of that stuff.  If not, this game definitely has some promise.  I'd say the framerate and lack of variety for hits were my two biggest complains from last year's game, and both seem to be addressed.  Hopefully they'll release a demo that isn't as unbelievably horrible as 2k8's demo was.

Someone on O.S. pointed out that TeamXbox shouldn't be obligated, since they're owned by IGN, and aren't having their salaries paid by anyone connected to MS.  I'm going to remain hopeful.  Then, I'll run out like an idiot on release day and buy it so you jerks don't have to.

Right, but wasn't IGN also the company that had an early review of some game (I want to say it was one released during the fall) and gave it ridiculously high scores because of it?  It wasn't a Microsoft title, either.  I don't know, I think pretty much all previews of games are overly-positive, and they never actually get into criticism until review day, but I'll just keep convincing myself this was legitimate so I can be extremely disappointed on release day.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »

I might not have to but I will buy it that day as well.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2009, 07:24:40 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 29, 2009, 06:55:45 PM

Right, but wasn't IGN also the company that had an early review of some game (I want to say it was one released during the fall) and gave it ridiculously high scores because of it?  It wasn't a Microsoft title, either.  I don't know, I think pretty much all previews of games are overly-positive, and they never actually get into criticism until review day, but I'll just keep convincing myself this was legitimate so I can be extremely disappointed on release day.

That might have been for Kane and Lynch.  I remember IGN and TeamXBOX and GameSpot all giving it good previews, then when it was released it got 6's and 7's in it's reviews from them.  I bought the game on the cheap way after release and sort of enjoyed it, but the sites played it up and the release wasn't as polished as they figured it would be.

Never mind.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 30, 2009, 07:24:40 AM

That might have been for Kane and Lynch.  I remember IGN and TeamXBOX and GameSpot all giving it good previews, then when it was released it got 6's and 7's in it's reviews from them.  I bought the game on the cheap way after release and sort of enjoyed it, but the sites played it up and the release wasn't as polished as they figured it would be.

Ok?

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
    • moviemantim@hotmail.com
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2009, 10:52:55 AM »

Right, but wasn't IGN also the company that had an early review of some game (I want to say it was one released during the fall) and gave it ridiculously high scores because of it?  It wasn't a Microsoft title, either.

For the last several years, even before IGN was acquired by News Corporation three or four years ago, the site's review scores have been for sale. It's not rare to see an IGN review that goes on for four pages and complaining about nearly every aspect of a game, but for the final score to be 9+. It's a problem across the industry (although you didn't see it with 1UP -- which is probably why EGM has been shut down, and 1UP has been completely gutted).

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2009, 10:58:42 AM »
Quote from: Timmy B on January 30, 2009, 10:52:55 AM

Right, but wasn't IGN also the company that had an early review of some game (I want to say it was one released during the fall) and gave it ridiculously high scores because of it?  It wasn't a Microsoft title, either.

For the last several years, even before IGN was acquired by News Corporation three or four years ago, the site's review scores have been for sale. It's not rare to see an IGN review that goes on for four pages and complaining about nearly every aspect of a game, but for the final score to be 9+. It's a problem across the industry (although you didn't see it with 1UP -- which is probably why EGM has been shut down, and 1UP has been completely gutted).

I've found GamesRadar's (www.gamesradar.com) reviews to be quite good.  They can be brutal and they usually are pretty accurate with their assessments.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »
Well, the first teaser is pretty worthless.
Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »
DPD, but that's apparently in-game footage.

QuoteObviously you guys see that it's up. I wanted to make two comments to quell any doubts.

1) The gameplay footage is actual footage from the game. Let me be clear about thatthat. The NBA one's were exactly the same, it was pulled from footage. We are not using CGI.

2) Please view the HD version of the film (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...r-trailer?hd=1). The one initially posted is kinda grainy. Until we are able to post it in house, that's what the thought will be but of course hit the HD link. Please discuss, I can answer some questions about it here.
Hire Jim Essian!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2009, 06:37:25 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 30, 2009, 05:05:39 PM

QuoteObviously you guys see that it's up. I wanted to make two comments to quell any doubts.

1) The gameplay footage is actual footage from the game. Let me be clear about thatthat. The NBA one's were exactly the same, it was pulled from footage. We are not using CGI.

2) Please view the HD version of the film (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...r-trailer?hd=1). The one initially posted is kinda grainy. Until we are able to post it in house, that's what the thought will be but of course hit the HD link. Please discuss, I can answer some questions about it here.

A quote from one of the people on that site:

Quoteonly thing i dont like is the clothes , specially the pants..they look a bit too stiff for me

I hate you for making me read it.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 30, 2009, 06:37:25 PM

A quote from one of the people on that site:

Quoteonly thing i dont like is the clothes , specially the pants..they look a bit too stiff for me

I hate you for making me read it.

If there's one thing that site doesn't do, it's make my pants stiff.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »

I like how Jose Reyes' career stats are displayed in the background. I really hope it's an exhibition game because the Mets wouldn't play in San Fransisco until May and the only time it would be during the day on that series would be on 5/16 @ 1:10 pm (PST). Plus, due to the positioning of the sun, it would appear that it is around 2-3pm, so Reyes would have already had an at-bat, and the scoreboard would be displaying his stats for the day/how he did last at-bat. 2kSports better hope that was an exhibition game because all of it is so unrealistic if it's the actual game in season between the Mets and Giants.

I'm fully poised now for the worst baseball game ever.

dbal

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »
Notice at the end of the trailer, there's a PC DVD-ROM icon.

If this is true, so long MVP (for a while, anyways.)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »
Is it March 2, yet?

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2009, 03:40:48 PM »