News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 WORLD CUP - SOCCER IS GHEY.  ( 71,975 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 WORLD CUP - ROCK! FLAG! EAGLE!
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2010, 09:42:04 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 21, 2010, 07:39:06 AM
Sweet weeping Jesus on a bicycle, this shit ain't over yet?

This will only get funnier as we get into July.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2010, 09:44:34 AM »
So, if a ref from the NBA goes public talking about how games are rigged, why hasn't someone from FIFA done the same?  You gotta think there is more money in a book deal than reffing games.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/fifa-drops-referee-after-dropped-call--fbintl_ro-fifaref062110.html

QuotePRETORIA, South Africa – Controversial referee Koman Coulibaly was left off FIFA's list for the next batch of World Cup matches following the error that cost the United States a victory against Slovenia.

Yahoo! Sports revealed on Friday that Coulibaly was "highly unlikely" to take any further part in the tournament after being given a poor evaluation by assessors following his decision to disallow Maurice Edu's 86th-minute goal. FIFA confirmed yesterday that Coulibaly will not play any part in Tuesday or Wednesday's matches, which will include Team USA's critical Group C finale against Algeria.

Instead, as they step into the arena of Loftus Versfeld Stadium on Wednesday with their World Cup life at stake, the Americans will be officiated by a man who has just witnessed a combat far more brutal than any game in the tournament.

Belgian referee Frank De Bleeckere will prepare himself for the occasion by watching a DVD of the movie "Gladiator" before taking center stage in a game that decides the USA's destiny – with a victory guaranteed to put the Americans through to the last 16.

FIFA deliberately assigned De Bleeckere, a highly experienced and respected referee, to this game in response to the storm of controversy that came after the United States' 2-2 draw with Slovenia. De Bleeckere has been in charge of big matches many times in the past, most notably a Champions League clash between Chelsea and Barcelona in 2006 which came a year after a pair of explosive matches between those teams.

"I don't look at reputation or anything that has gone before," De Bleeckere said. "I will watch the previous games of USA and Algeria to help me understand their tactics and work on my positioning. But I will watch 'Gladiator' first."

(No homo.)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »

Inbred twat fuck. Go reinforce your parochial anti-soccer sentiment elsewhere, you small-minded ridge-running retard.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2010, 11:32:27 AM

Inbred twat fuck. Go reinforce your parochial anti-soccer sentiment elsewhere, you small-minded ridge-running retard.

Needs more paragraphs. But otherwise pretty spot on.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 21, 2010, 11:36:17 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2010, 11:32:27 AM

Needs more paragraphs. But otherwise pretty spot on.

He stole my colloquialism. :(

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2010, 01:05:09 PM »

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2010, 02:13:28 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 21, 2010, 01:05:09 PM

Why not just post the link to your blog on Chicago Now?

The World Cup is an awesome time for STRAWMEN. In one corner, you've got weak-kneed Euro sympathizers with their condescending attitudes towards us regular 'Mericans, and in the other corner you have chest-thumping 'mericans refusing to open their minds enough to enjoy the beautiful game. I think both sides have a point. I get annoyed that the World Cup can't roll around without some asshole throwing out the "fastest rising youth sport" stat or pundits discussing what it'll take for soccer to catch on the United States, and I get tired of soccer fans circling the wagons. On the other hand, genuine soccer fans like Powen and Slak who really couldn't give a shit whether I like soccer or not have to put up with assholes like me. The important thing is that nothing makes soccer less gay.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »

QuoteThe typical United States soccer fan is a pompous jerk. You know the type.  He's the guy who had the little patch of hair under his lip in college, who later was the first to shave his head as an expression of style.  He's the guy who drove a Volkswagen Jetta because of it's efficiency.  He's the guy who always had some obscure answer to the "What's your favorite song?" question, and he's the guy who smoked Dunhill cigarettes, but only when he didn't have the time to roll his own.

I thought Kelly Dwyer liked the NBA.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2010, 02:13:28 PM

The World Cup is an awesome time for STRAWMEN. In one corner, you've got weak-kneed Euro sympathizers with their condescending attitudes towards us regular 'Mericans, and in the other corner you have chest-thumping 'mericans refusing to open their minds enough to enjoy the beautiful game. I think both sides have a point. I get annoyed that the World Cup can't roll around without some asshole throwing out the "fastest rising youth sport" stat or pundits discussing what it'll take for soccer to catch on the United States, and I get tired of soccer fans circling the wagons. On the other hand, genuine soccer fans like Powen and Slak who really couldn't give a shit whether I like soccer or not have to put up with assholes like me. The important thing is that nothing makes soccer less gay.

This post was the best wedding present SKO could have given me. Which speaks less of me and more of the scope of SKO's abilities...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 21, 2010, 02:43:52 PM

This post was the best wedding present SKO could have given me. Which speaks less of me and more of the scope of SKO's abilities...

I made a donation in your name to the Human Fund.  Jerk.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »

Better than this?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 21, 2010, 03:22:15 PM

Better than this?

Shut her down, folks.
CT 1, Internet 0.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »
CT--you magnificent bastard.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)