News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 WORLD CUP - SOCCER IS GHEY.  ( 72,067 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 WORLD CUP - ROCK! FLAG! EAGLE!
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 21, 2010, 03:31:12 PM
CT--you magnificent bastard.

You read his... article?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2010, 07:38:59 PM »
Holy shit. Nobody let TEC see the byline on this...

http://deadspin.com/5567749/why-we-must-invade-mali
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2010, 09:03:06 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 21, 2010, 03:22:15 PM
Quote from: Bort on June 21, 2010, 02:43:52 PM
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2010, 02:13:28 PM
Quote from: BH on June 21, 2010, 01:05:09 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 21, 2010, 07:39:06 AM

Sweet weeping Jesus on a bicycle, this shit ain't over yet?

Why not just post the link to your blog on Chicago Now?

The World Cup is an awesome time for STRAWMEN. In one corner, you've got weak-kneed Euro sympathizers with their condescending attitudes towards us regular 'Mericans, and in the other corner you have chest-thumping 'mericans refusing to open their minds enough to enjoy the beautiful game. I think both sides have a point. I get annoyed that the World Cup can't roll around without some asshole throwing out the "fastest rising youth sport" stat or pundits discussing what it'll take for soccer to catch on the United States, and I get tired of soccer fans circling the wagons. On the other hand, genuine soccer fans like Powen and Slak who really couldn't give a shit whether I like soccer or not have to put up with assholes like me. The important thing is that nothing makes soccer less gay.

This post was the best wedding present SKO could have given me. Which speaks less of me and more of the scope of SKO's abilities...

Better than this?

Oh my...

I...

It's...

It's glorious.

I-I...I think I have something in my eye....
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »
Quote from: Bort on June 21, 2010, 09:03:06 PM
Quote from: CT III on June 21, 2010, 03:22:15 PM
Quote from: Bort on June 21, 2010, 02:43:52 PM
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2010, 02:13:28 PM
Quote from: BH on June 21, 2010, 01:05:09 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 21, 2010, 07:39:06 AM

Sweet weeping Jesus on a bicycle, this shit ain't over yet?

Why not just post the link to your blog on Chicago Now?

The World Cup is an awesome time for STRAWMEN. In one corner, you've got weak-kneed Euro sympathizers with their condescending attitudes towards us regular 'Mericans, and in the other corner you have chest-thumping 'mericans refusing to open their minds enough to enjoy the beautiful game. I think both sides have a point. I get annoyed that the World Cup can't roll around without some asshole throwing out the "fastest rising youth sport" stat or pundits discussing what it'll take for soccer to catch on the United States, and I get tired of soccer fans circling the wagons. On the other hand, genuine soccer fans like Powen and Slak who really couldn't give a shit whether I like soccer or not have to put up with assholes like me. The important thing is that nothing makes soccer less gay.

This post was the best wedding present SKO could have given me. Which speaks less of me and more of the scope of SKO's abilities...

Better than this?

Oh my...

I...

It's...

It's glorious.

I-I...I think I have something in my eye....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: that girl's face after that happened will forever be lodged in my memory.  Delaware always means something more.

Savor the flavor.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
Back to soccer you troglodytes...

Uruguay beats Mexico 1 - 0 in one of the better games so far.

Wide open play with both teams creating quality chances. Mexico playing with only 3 back for much of the game so they were pushing forward a lot.
Uruguay's defense did a solid job protecting the lead.
The Refs kept the cards in their pockets for once and let the players play and the game continue, particularly in the first half.

Both will advance to the next round. This game was mostly about who comes out as the winner of the group and therefore avoids playing Argentina on Sunday.
So that means Mexico is probably one and done.

Uruguay looks really good. Fast, creative, lots of offensive potential combined with solid holding mid and defenders and very disciplined.
They should have a relatively weak opponent on Saturday and could be a dark horse contender in the later rounds.

France loses to South Africa in another pathetic display and they are on their way home.
Undisciplined, old and self entitled, with a shit coach, shit management, and a shit attitude.
They remind me of the 2004 Cubs.
Fuck them.

I'll be screaming at my TV tomorrow.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 22, 2010, 12:06:29 PM

Wide open play with both teams creating quality chances. Mexico playing with only 3 back for much of the game so they were pushing forward a lot.
The Refs kept the cards in their pockets for once and let the players play and the game continue, particularly in the first half.

Both will advance to the next round. This game was mostly about who comes out as the winner of the group and therefore avoids playing Argentina on Sunday.

Uruguay looks really good. Fast, creative, lots of offensive potential combined with solid holding mid and defenders and very disciplined.
They should have a relatively weak opponent on Saturday and could be a dark horse contender in the later rounds.

France loses to South Africa in another pathetic display and they are on their way home.
Undisciplined, old and self entitled, with a shit coach, shit management, and a shit attitude.
Fuck them.

I will say that, however gay this sport is, the fact that the French have gone batshit crazy amuses me.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »

Fuck them.

I love Uruguay for some reason - what a great team they have. I hope they do well and I'm glad to see them avoid Argentina for now.

Got my fingers crossed for the Koreans today - a bunch of people I know are pretty hardcore about their team. Gonna be a battle.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 22, 2010, 12:39:14 PM

Fuck them.

I love Uruguay for some reason - what a great team they have. I hope they do well and I'm glad to see them avoid Argentina for now.

Got my fingers crossed for the Koreans today - a bunch of people I know are pretty hardcore about their team. Gonna be a battle.

If it's a close game, Hee Sop Choi might have a grabber.  This could turn out well for me.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2010, 01:42:16 PM »
I love Uruguay for some reason...

Is it because u-r-guay for Diego Forlan?

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2010, 02:19:37 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 22, 2010, 01:42:16 PM

I love that man.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2010, 02:23:53 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 22, 2010, 02:19:37 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 22, 2010, 01:42:16 PM

I love that man.

Dots=Connected.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »
Watch "The Two Escobars". It is jaw-dropping.

Hopefully, afterwards, you will understand why I hate teh Paul with the fire of a thousand suns.

It's not even done and it is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2010, 09:49:10 PM »
DPD: It's on ESPN.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2010, 10:13:15 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on June 22, 2010, 09:47:07 PM

Hopefully, afterwards, you will understand why I hate teh Paul with the fire of a thousand suns.

This.  An amazing story... but after you see it, go see Tony Bordain's "No Reservations" show about Medillin today, its the happy ending to this really tragic story.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on June 22, 2010, 09:47:07 PM

Watched it with Mrs. flannj tonight.

Fucking tragic.

EDIT: Sorry hawk. I wasn't paying attention to what you wrote. But that is the most accurate word to describe what a fucked up situation this was.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen