News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 WORLD CUP - SOCCER IS GHEY.  ( 71,883 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2010 WORLD CUP - ROCK! FLAG! EAGLE!
« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2010, 07:36:04 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 24, 2010, 07:31:50 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on June 24, 2010, 07:25:59 AM
Question for you Chicago-based guys ...

After every game, do you see a lot of cars speeding through the streets with a miniature version of the winning team's flag attached to one of the side windows?  There's quite a bit of that in Toronto ... except I have yet to see a single US flag.  I've actually seen Canadian flags, and their team didn't even make the World Cup.  Assholes.  

Nobody in Chicago is watching this shit. At least nobody who can afford to own a car.

So you're saying there's a risk of South Side Soccer Riots?  Good to know.
M'lady.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2010, 08:36:26 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 24, 2010, 07:36:04 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 24, 2010, 07:31:50 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on June 24, 2010, 07:25:59 AM
Question for you Chicago-based guys ...

After every game, do you see a lot of cars speeding through the streets with a miniature version of the winning team's flag attached to one of the side windows?  There's quite a bit of that in Toronto ... except I have yet to see a single US flag.  I've actually seen Canadian flags, and their team didn't even make the World Cup.  Assholes.  

Nobody in Chicago is watching this shit. At least nobody who can afford to own a car.

So you're saying there's a risk of South Side Soccer Riots?  Good to know.

Maybe they have them on their lawn mowers?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: June 24, 2010, 08:55:19 AM »
Well with Kurt on our side how can we possibly make soccer look any worse?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2010, 08:57:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2010, 08:55:19 AM

By Thrill posting more pictures of men with their shirt off..

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to Saturday. I may kind of hate soccer, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Plus, any chance we can fuck some African shit up again, I'm all for it. GO ISA!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: June 24, 2010, 09:36:26 AM »

Peel off your shirt after the next American win and go running into the streets?
M'lady.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: June 24, 2010, 09:53:11 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 24, 2010, 09:36:26 AM

Peel off your shirt after the next American win and go running into the streets?

This may happen. Unfortunately the next American win may not occur until 2014 or beyond.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: June 24, 2010, 10:04:58 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2010, 09:53:11 AM

This may happen. Unfortunately the next American win may not occur until 2014 or beyond.

That just means you have time to tighten it up.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 24, 2010, 10:04:58 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2010, 09:53:11 AM

That just means you have time to tighten it up.

The back waxing alone might take 4 years.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: June 24, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »
Italy and France both out.
The first time in World Cup history the two finalists from the previous Cup are eliminated in group play.

Fuck the traditional soccer powers.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »
Okay, so did I hear correctly that the US has made the round of 16 for the first time since the 30's?

This confuses me as I thought for sure that they had come this far when the US hosted in 1994.  I of course could be mistaken.  I had graduated from college in May of 1994 and, instead of looking for a real job, I drank myself into oblivion throughout the course of the ensuing summer. Still, certain images remain in my altered state.  One, that the Cup opened at a half-empty Soldier Field with President Clinton in attendance.  Two, that Ireland beat Italy and those Baggio douches. And, most significantly I distinctly recall being at a barbeuce on the 4th of July when the US was eliminated in the Rose Bowl.  I had always operated under the assumption that the loss on their country's birthday was the end of a very successful run, but now I'm hearing that they didn't even get out of their first grouping?  Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #310 on: June 24, 2010, 11:20:21 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 24, 2010, 11:14:10 AM
Okay, so did I hear correctly that the US has made the round of 16 for the first time since the 30's?

This confuses me as I thought for sure that they had come this far when the US hosted in 1994.  I of course could be mistaken.  I had graduated from college in May of 1994 and, instead of looking for a real job, I drank myself into oblivion throughout the course of the ensuing summer. Still, certain images remain in my altered state.  One, that the Cup opened at a half-empty Soldier Field with President Clinton in attendance.  Two, that Ireland beat Italy and those Baggio douches. And, most significantly I distinctly recall being at a barbeuce on the 4th of July when the US was eliminated in the Rose Bowl.  I had always operated under the assumption that the loss on their country's birthday was the end of a very successful run, but now I'm hearing that they didn't even get out of their first grouping?  Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi.

It's the first time they have won their group since 1930.  In 1994, they were eliminated in the second round by Brazil...  Of course, we got out of the group because we were one of the best 3rd place teams.  Yay?  Different format to this World Cup.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »

We also made it out in '02 and beat Mexico 2-0 which was awesome. And when people talk about the Algeria win as the biggest moment in US soccer history - I think beating your biggest rival in the knockout stage of the World Cup is a little bigger. Maybe internally.

I suppose externally, as far as impacting people's mindsets, this one is bigger - especially considering the way coverage of everything has changed since then.

I'm rambling.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:51 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2010, 12:07:30 PM

We also made it out in '02 and beat Mexico 2-0 which was awesome. And when people talk about the Algeria win as the biggest moment in US soccer history - I think beating your biggest rival in the knockout stage of the World Cup is a little bigger. Maybe internally.

I suppose externally, as far as impacting people's mindsets, this one is bigger - especially considering the way coverage of everything has changed since then.

I'm rambling.

THI.  That match was so much fun.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: June 24, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »

Does performance in one WC have any bearing on the next one, as far as seeds or brackets go, or is it determined by International play closer to the event?

Thanks,I'll hang up and wait for your answer.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: June 24, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 24, 2010, 01:35:39 PM

Does performance in one WC have any bearing on the next one, as far as seeds or brackets go, or is it determined by International play closer to the event?

Thanks,I'll hang up and wait for your answer.

There are preliminaries before the World Cup play starts, and those begin (I think) six months or a year before the big event. 
M'lady.