News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 WORLD CUP - SOCCER IS GHEY.  ( 71,941 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 WORLD CUP - SOCCER IS GHEY.
« Reply #405 on: July 09, 2010, 07:38:48 AM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: July 10, 2010, 05:21:32 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 07, 2010, 03:41:47 PM
Stupid fucking octopus.

Bump.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/09/psychic-octopus-paul-picks-spain

QuoteThe octopus said to have psychic powers after predicting all of Germany's six World Cup games correctly, has had his say regarding the final in Johannesburg on Sunday – and it is good news for Spain. The two-year-old cephalopod, called Paul and based at the Sea Life Aquarium in the western German city of Oberhausen, decided that Spain would win the final by going for the mussel in the box with a Spanish flag rather than the one with a Dutch flag on it.

Before that, he had predicted that Germany will emerge victorious from their third-place play-off against Uruguay tomorrow night.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: July 10, 2010, 07:02:05 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 10, 2010, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 07, 2010, 03:41:47 PM
Stupid fucking octopus.

Bump.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/09/psychic-octopus-paul-picks-spain

QuoteThe octopus said to have psychic powers after predicting all of Germany's six World Cup games correctly, has had his say regarding the final in Johannesburg on Sunday – and it is good news for Spain. The two-year-old cephalopod, called Paul and based at the Sea Life Aquarium in the western German city of Oberhausen, decided that Spain would win the final by going for the mussel in the box with a Spanish flag rather than the one with a Dutch flag on it.

Before that, he had predicted that Germany will emerge victorious from their third-place play-off against Uruguay tomorrow night.

I wonder if Paul is well known in the dolphin community.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: July 11, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »
I've been getting into this soccer thing but one thing I've noticed is that soccer players are probably the biggest pussies/actors known to man. I think they are trained that if they fall they need to scream like a fucking child.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: July 11, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 11, 2010, 01:48:08 PM
I've been getting into this soccer thing but one thing I've noticed is that soccer players are probably the biggest pussies/actors known to man. I think they are trained that if they fall they need to scream like a fucking child.

Some countries more than others, yeah. But I also think you don't know what it's like to get your achilles stepped on while sprinting. My guess is that it really fucking hurts for a few minutes.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: July 11, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »

Yeah, soccer is pretty notorious for the diving. The ginzos are known for making an art of it.

That said, when there is legit contact, I think I can appreciate how much it would hurt to get kicked in an unpadded knee or have an ankle stepped on while in mid-sprint. Particularly if my job requires me to run around a field for 90 minutes. And that's not even to mention flying spikes to the chest.

Soccer ain't beanbag.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: July 11, 2010, 02:33:45 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 11, 2010, 02:30:32 PM

Yeah, soccer is pretty notorious for the diving. The ginzos are known for making an art of it.

That said, when there is legit contact, I think I can appreciate how much it would hurt to get kicked in an unpadded knee or have an ankle stepped on while in mid-sprint. Particularly if my job requires me to run around a field for 90 minutes. And that's not even to mention flying spikes to the chest.

Soccer ain't beanbag.

I don't get the pussy label the sport gets. But I don't give a shit either. People, as a rule, are fucking retarded.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: July 11, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 11, 2010, 02:33:45 PM

Soccer ain't beanbag.

I don't get the pussy label the sport gets. But I don't give a shit either. People, as a rule, are fucking retarded.

If soccer players are so tough, how come they don't use their hands?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: July 11, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 11, 2010, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 11, 2010, 02:33:45 PM

Soccer ain't beanbag.

If soccer players are so tough, how come they don't use their hands?

Why are they always speaking some other language? Fuck that.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2010, 04:06:32 PM »
I suspect the diving that players do can be a little more scrutinized now that there is hi-def replay, 6000 cameras and a shitload of angles. My assessment of "pussies" is probably wrong. I remember seeing one guy falling in complete agony but once he noticed no one was blowing a whistle or calling anything then he got right back up and was running fine. That said, that Bruce Lee kick that De Jong delivered to that spaniard in the first half was ridonkulous.

Contests to those homosex Spanish bastards.  Also, at least Ramos didn't score the goal

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: July 11, 2010, 04:15:31 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 11, 2010, 04:06:32 PM
I suspect the diving that players do can be a little more scrutinized now that there is hi-def replay, 6000 cameras and a shitload of angles. My assessment of "pussies" is probably wrong. I remember seeing one guy falling in complete agony but once he noticed no one was blowing a whistle or calling anything then he got right back up and was running fine. That said, that Bruce Lee kick that De Jong delivered to that spaniard in the first half was ridonkulous.

Contests to those homosex Spanish bastards.  Also, at least Ramos didn't score the goal

Felt bad for Torres. Dude finally comes on and tears all his leg muscles running down the field. I think to say his career is on a sharp decline is an understatement.

Anyway, good job Spain.

Sadly, all I can think of now that this is over is how much I hate the fucking White Sox.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: July 11, 2010, 04:26:37 PM »
Now I feel bad.

I had money riding on the Spain win, but honestly think I would have rather seen Robben finally connect there.

If only for Tonk's Tales of Decadence.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: July 11, 2010, 05:42:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 11, 2010, 02:25:58 PM

Some countries more than others, yeah. But I also think you don't know what it's like to get your achilles stepped on while sprinting. My guess is that it really fucking hurts for a few minutes.

I think 90% of the time when they flop they're just really fucking tired from all that running so they fake injuries so they can chill out for a minute and catch their breath. I do this at the gym alot.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: July 11, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »
I didn't see it as much in this World Cup, but in '06 whenever a guy would fall to the ground as if his fucking knee just got disconnected, they'd carry him off the field, apply some kind of magical spray on the damaged body part, and he'd be back in and running around as if nothing had ever happened.  Made me wonder why they never tried that wonder-spray on Mark Prior's shoulder back in the day.
M'lady.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2010, 09:29:56 PM »
The biggest indictment of this game and sport was the announcer's (probably correct) insight that if Roben dove when he was obstructed going for the partial breakaway in the 72nd minute, the Dutch  would have been given the PK and won.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!