News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,571 )

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #300 on: December 04, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 08:37:26 PM
Quote from: Weebs on December 04, 2009, 07:06:21 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 07:05:20 PM
Alright, Gil. It's on, sir.

You spent another $60 just to buy the same game on the PS3?  I know I'm a nerd, but holy shit is that a waste of money.  Either way, good hunting.

I spent $10. Traded some older games that I haven't played in months for it. Still nerdy but yea.

BTW, is Weebs really going to lead the seminar on video game fiscal restraint?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: December 07, 2009, 10:42:16 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 04, 2009, 09:57:22 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 08:37:26 PM
Quote from: Weebs on December 04, 2009, 07:06:21 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 04, 2009, 07:05:20 PM
Alright, Gil. It's on, sir.

You spent another $60 just to buy the same game on the PS3?  I know I'm a nerd, but holy shit is that a waste of money.  Either way, good hunting.

I spent $10. Traded some older games that I haven't played in months for it. Still nerdy but yea.

BTW, is Weebs really going to lead the seminar on video game fiscal restraint?

I heard he's the keynote speaker.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2009, 10:51:21 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/nov/09/modern-warfare-2-game-review

Charlie Brooker:

QuoteCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the Citizen Kane of repeatedly shooting people in the face.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2009, 12:16:59 PM »
I don't know what it was, but I had a very terrible weekend on MW2.  I couldn't get any sustained offense.  I'd get one or two kills, and then like three or four deaths in a row.  My KDR dropped badly, hovering now at about 1.16.

By Sunday night at like 11pm Pacific (which was when I saw Yeti on; when do you sleep?), I think I've fixed it by returning to the SCAR.  Hopefully.

I can't wait until Christmas.  New blood.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2009, 12:27:08 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 07, 2009, 12:16:59 PM
I don't know what it was, but I had a very terrible weekend on MW2.  I couldn't get any sustained offense.  I'd get one or two kills, and then like three or four deaths in a row.  My KDR dropped badly, hovering now at about 1.16.

By Sunday night at like 11pm Pacific (which was when I saw Yeti on; when do you sleep?), I think I've fixed it by returning to the SCAR.  Hopefully.

I actually turned the PS3 on to watch Generation Kill but saw you were on so I tried to jump in your game. Only one time did it show "Join Session" and when I clicked it, it said it was full. I quit shortly after you logged off and started Generation Kill.

I had some good success on the Xbox this weekend. I got the Akimbo Model 1887's, which as much as I complained about them, they fucking rape. I think I got 65 kills on Invasion with them.

For the PS3, I've played only a little and it's been tough with the dumb trigger button. I'm starting to hold my own, though. Last night, I had some good success.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »

I got owned something fierce on Saturday morning.  Then, I started playing Demolition and started really raising my K/D.  I can't play Hardcore on this game...I used to love it on CoD4, but it's too annoying on this one with all the sneaky perks people have that let the run forever while not being detected by any radar while weilding two giant sawed off shotguns.

The M16 is boobsteaks.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2009, 01:19:27 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 07, 2009, 12:27:08 PM

I actually turned the PS3 on to watch Generation Kill but saw you were on so I tried to jump in your game. Only one time did it show "Join Session" and when I clicked it, it said it was full. I quit shortly after you logged off and started Generation Kill.

I had some good success on the Xbox this weekend. I got the Akimbo Model 1887's, which as much as I complained about them, they fucking rape. I think I got 65 kills on Invasion with them.

For the PS3, I've played only a little and it's been tough with the dumb trigger button. I'm starting to hold my own, though. Last night, I had some good success.

I'm at Level 66, so I have one more level until the Model 1887's, which are absolute steaksauce.  Those things are deadly. 

However, my goal is to reach Level 70 by the weekend, so I can begin to mow people down with the AK-47.  I've picked a few up in the field, including one with a red dot and silencer, and the balance and power was perfect.

Also, it used to be common knowledge that the easiest way to rank up was to play Headquarters, but that doesn't seem to be the case in this game.  I've gotten massive bonus awards from playing capture the flag or demolition.  Any one else agree?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 07, 2009, 01:19:27 PM

I'm at Level 66, so I have one more level until the Model 1887's, which are absolute steaksauce.  Those things are deadly. 

However, my goal is to reach Level 70 by the weekend, so I can begin to mow people down with the AK-47.  I've picked a few up in the field, including one with a red dot and silencer, and the balance and power was perfect.

Also, it used to be common knowledge that the easiest way to rank up was to play Headquarters, but that doesn't seem to be the case in this game.  I've gotten massive bonus awards from playing capture the flag or demolition.  Any one else agree?

I like domination, but I should check those out.

That said - I thought you have a girlfriend.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: December 07, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »

Funny you bring that up.  I've always wondered how you get the "match bonus" points at the end of a match.  I'll have a round where I'll get 1000 points, then at the end the game will say I got 1578 match bonus points or something...like, "Oh, here's some extra because we like you."

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 07, 2009, 01:46:48 PM

I do.  She hates this game.  Everything is a negotiation now.  "Of course I'll vacuum and do the laundry, provided I can play MW2."

Her text message on the day I bought the game, was "T-minus 1 hour until I lose my boyfriend."  Prescient.

However, she is good with enforcing my time on the game.  Come 10:30 pm or 11 pm, she'll come in the living room and tell me to come to bed, otherwise I'd miss work the next day.  She's right, of course.

And IAN, in one game of Demolition I got an 8000+ match bonus.  Steak sauce.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: December 07, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 07, 2009, 01:58:46 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 07, 2009, 01:46:48 PM

I do.  She hates this game.  Everything is a negotiation now.  "Of course I'll vacuum and do the laundry, provided I can play MW2."

Her text message on the day I bought the game, was "T-minus 1 hour until I lose my boyfriend."  Prescient.

However, she is good with enforcing my time on the game.  Come 10:30 pm or 11 pm, she'll come in the living room and tell me to come to bed, otherwise I'd miss work the next day.  She's right, of course.

And IAN, in one game of Demolition I got an 8000+ match bonus.  Steak sauce.

In my first game of Demolition, I got a 10,000 point bonus.  No idea why...all I heard was teh awesome rank up sound and a big "10,000" across the screen.

EIAN enforced martial law last night..."I think you've played enough today.  Just watch football."  She just can't let me be 13, can she?  But, you're right, Gil.  If I didn't have a responsible adult in my household, I'd probably be living in my mom's basement combing the interwebz for game testing jobs I only need to work 15 hours a week for.

I saw on another board somewhere out there that the PS3 is getting a patch soon.  No 360 love?  Maybe that's why Microsoft is banning kids.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: December 07, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »
I'm not sure what the best game for points is. Games with an objective are usually the best. TDM: there's a limit on kills of 75 or 100 so you can't go crazy. I would think Domination would be high up there. I still like the Headquarters game. Plus, they've added time to the game by making it to where the HQ doesn't go online until 30 seconds after it's identified. That helps to balance the game. I've kind of figured out that the match bonus is based off of your contribution to the game. If you win, and are the highest scoring player, then your bonus is considerably good. I think my best match bonus was 7900 or so. That's a nice feeling when you see that.

I did just get to level 70 last night on the box. I'll have to sample the AK47. I'm disappointed I won't be able to use it for very long since I think I need like 70,000 points to prestige, so that could happen in 10-15 matches.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: December 07, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »
I picked up an AK-47 and hated it.  It kicks a lot.  The one I picked up only had a red dot on it, I think.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: December 07, 2009, 03:07:32 PM »
One extra point I should make note of in my negotiations with Mrs. G for MW2 is this.  Allow the significant other to watch Say Yes to the Dress on TLC for any amount of time in exchange for MW2.

Works wonders for me, save for the insufferable TLC commercials and incidental programming.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2009, 03:08:52 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 07, 2009, 03:07:32 PM
One extra point I should make note of in my negotiations with Mrs. G for MW2 is this.  Allow the significant other to watch Say Yes to the Dress on TLC for any amount of time in exchange for MW2.

Works wonders for me, save for the insufferable TLC commercials and incidental programming.

Just wait for Baby Stories. Oh yes - it will happen to you.