News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2012 Official Desipio Fantasy Baseball Keeper League™ Exsploogeaganza Thread  ( 14,575 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 20, 2012, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 20, 2012, 11:26:14 AM
after finally signing up for this year, i saw the keeper option that yahoo now has.  can we use that?  does JD have to make it so when we click on a guy as a keeper, it'll designate what round he's kept in?

It looks like the draft order will still have to be edited manually after the keepers have been selected in order to set the proper rounds.

But using that might lighten the commissioner load at least somewhat.

If you guys would un-hide your email addresses, I'll just make you co-commissioner so you can input your own keepers and round.  We gotta get it full first, though. 

Andy, what's your email address?  I'll send you an invite to take over RV's team.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: JD on February 21, 2012, 06:47:17 AM
after finally signing up for this year, i saw the keeper option that yahoo now has.  can we use that?  does JD have to make it so when we click on a guy as a keeper, it'll designate what round he's kept in?

It looks like the draft order will still have to be edited manually after the keepers have been selected in order to set the proper rounds.

If you guys would un-hide your email addresses, I'll just make you co-commissioner so you can input your own keepers and round.  We gotta get it full first, though. 

Andy, what's your email address?  I'll send you an invite to take over RV's team.

andy@desipio.com, dur.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

If you guys would un-hide your email addresses, I'll just make you co-commissioner so you can input your own keepers and round.

Already did so yesterday, friend.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 21, 2012, 10:31:32 AM

If you guys would un-hide your email addresses, I'll just make you co-commissioner so you can input your own keepers and round.

Already did so yesterday, friend.

I already selected my keepers. 

Though I might have to adjust it after Tommy Hanson crashed his car into Space Mountain this morning.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
We gotta get it full first, though.

At this point, we appear to be missing Simmer, Dolan, LDA and Mr. Speed.

Sap, y'all.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on February 21, 2012, 06:50:46 AM

andy@desipio.com, dur.

I sent an invite there, but nothing's happened.  I can only assume he's not interested since RV's not gonna be in it.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm in.  Oh, it'll be glorious.

Somebody catch me up on the keeper rules.  It appears you can keep anybody you have who wasn't a first or second rounder, and what's the limit?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on February 23, 2012, 07:49:35 AM
I'm in.  Oh, it'll be glorious.

Somebody catch me up on the keeper rules.  It appears you can keep anybody you have who wasn't a first or second rounder, and what's the limit?

No limit.

If the player you want to keep was drafted (by you or anyone else) last season, you keep him two rounds earlier than he was picked last year. If he was a free agent pick up, you can keep him in the 13th round.

If you have two keepers in the same round, you'll have to choose one to take a round earlier—doesn't matter which. Three keepers in the same round, bump one of your choice up one round, another up two rounds. Etc, etc, etc.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Hey... Simmer showed.

Time to lock down the league at 12 teams?

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Thanks to JD and Hoseph for the reminders.  When is the keeper deadline?  I might as well do mine now, made easy thanks to ChuckD's awesome spreadsheet.

1 - Josh Hamilton
8 - Mike Stanton
9 - Daniel Hudson
23 - Eric Hosmer
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I just finalized the teams list at 12 (sans LDA and Mr. Speed) and set the custom draft order, hoping we could get going on getting keepers slotted into place.

But it turns out that commissioners can't approve keeper picks that team owners make until after the keeper deadline (currently March 8) has passed anyways. So... no rush, I guess (though the keeper deadline could be moved up if everyone's ready before then).

And if those guys both materialize, I guess we could open it back up to 14 teams.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 23, 2012, 11:28:20 PM
I just finalized the teams list at 12 (sans LDA and Mr. Speed) and set the custom draft order, hoping we could get going on getting keepers slotted into place.

But it turns out that commissioners can't approve keeper picks that team owners make until after the keeper deadline (currently March 8) has passed anyways. So... no rush, I guess (though the keeper deadline could be moved up if everyone's ready before then).

And if those guys both materialize, I guess we could open it back up to 14 teams.

If everyone gets the picks in, then that's what we'll do.  This is definitely a game-changer.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: JD on February 24, 2012, 06:47:08 AM

If everyone gets the picks in, then that's what we'll do.  This is definitely a game-changer.

I'm all for moving quickly, but is there really a huge reason why we have to finalize keepers and have them set in stone 4-5 weeks before the season starts? 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenPho on February 24, 2012, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: JD on February 24, 2012, 06:47:08 AM

If everyone gets the picks in, then that's what we'll do.  This is definitely a game-changer.

I'm all for moving quickly, but is there really a huge reason why we have to finalize keepers and have them set in stone 4-5 weeks before the season starts?  

I don't really think so.

But, of course, I haven't picked out my own keepers yet.

tc

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
I'm in if you're looking to get back to 14.