News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Schadenfreude is Fung  ( 6,218 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Schadenfreude is Fung
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:13 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 07, 2010, 03:39:15 PM
I'm still really sad about Peavy. I like how the Sox feel Adam Dunn is the missing piece. Good luck with that.

Wait, I thought Adam Dunn was the Cubs' missing piece. All the guys at NSBB say he is!

I'm so confused.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 09:43:55 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on July 08, 2010, 08:45:13 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 07, 2010, 03:39:15 PM
I'm still really sad about Peavy. I like how the Sox feel Adam Dunn is the missing piece. Good luck with that.

Wait, I thought Adam Dunn was the Cubs' missing piece. All the guys at NSBB say he is!

I'm so confused.

What are you confused about?  He has a .939 OPS.  He had a .928 OPS last year.  He's really good at hitting a baseball.

Ah, you were trying to make a joke.  Got it now.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 08, 2010, 07:12:38 AM
Quote from: Brownie on July 08, 2010, 06:47:14 AM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 08, 2010, 12:38:17 AM
The Deadbirds blow another lead between the 8th and 9th tonight, and we're rehashing who's at fault for the Bears losing to a better Colts team?  Really?

Lindsey Lohan has something to say to anyone who's discussed that Super Bowl in this thread:

http://www-movieline-com.vimg.net/images/lindsay_lohan_fu_585.jpg

13) While the Cubs are closing quietly on the Cardinals, the first place team is handicapped by its manager.

Oh no you didn't.

14)  Oh yes I did. No, I really didn't.

14 (let's try this one again)) With the Cardinals collapsing and the Reds a ticking time bomb, and the Brewers sputtering and the Pirates, Cubs and Astros just bad, it'll be fung to have the first sub. 500 playoff team in history coming out of the Central.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 10:28:21 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 08, 2010, 10:02:52 AM
The Deadbirds blow another lead between the 8th and 9th tonight, and we're rehashing who's at fault for the Bears losing to a better Colts team?  Really?

Lindsey Lohan has something to say to anyone who's discussed that Super Bowl in this thread:

13) While the Cubs are closing quietly on the Cardinals, the first place team is handicapped by its manager.

Oh no you didn't.

14 (let's try this one again)) With the Cardinals collapsing and the Reds a ticking time bomb, and the Brewers sputtering and the Pirates, Cubs and Astros just bad, it'll be fung to have the first sub. 500 playoff team in history coming out of the Central.

Way better, thanks.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 11:06:36 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 08, 2010, 10:02:52 AM

Oh no you didn't.

One already did come out of the Central.  The AL Central.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 11:11:33 AM »
That's the AL West to you, pal.

I didn't know that. Good stuff.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 11:19:48 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 08, 2010, 11:11:33 AM

Yeah, I wasn't going to let them off the hook despite the AL Central not existing yet.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 11:29:45 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 07:52:42 AM
I'll tell you negative Nancy Reagans what; if Rammy really is back, the kids in the pen keep throwing like this and they play the Diamondbacks 40 more times, this team could climb back to .500.

15)  That Nancy Reagan has a dope-smoking, ghey son, and a drug-addled promiscuous daughter.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 11:42:02 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on July 08, 2010, 11:19:48 AM

Yeah, I wasn't going to let them off the hook despite the AL Central not existing yet.

Or there being a strike that year either?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 11:43:09 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 08, 2010, 11:42:02 AM

Exactly.  "First Half Champions"... what is this, the Florida State League?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 12:33:24 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on July 08, 2010, 11:43:09 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 08, 2010, 11:42:02 AM

Exactly.  "First Half Champions"... what is this, the Florida State League?

16) The teams with the best overall records in the NL West and NL East in 1981 didn't go to the playoffs. Who were those teams? Look 'em up, why don't you?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 01:13:24 PM »
I always have to look up the word "schadenfreude".  When I do I always say to myself "I knew that".  But if I knew that, why did I have to look it up?  Is it my guilt over my schadenfreude that I block its definition from my memory?  Or is it incipient Alzheimer's?  Anyone who thinks it is the latter is engaging in schadenfreude. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 08, 2010, 01:13:24 PM
I always have to look up the word "schadenfreude".  When I do I always say to myself "I knew that".  But if I knew that, why did I have to look it up?  Is it my guilt over my schadenfreude that I block its definition from my memory?  Or is it incipient Alzheimer's?  Anyone who thinks it is the latter is engaging in schadenfreude. 

But did you look up the team that had the best record in the NL East in 1981 and how they spent October? And the team that had the best record in the NL West and how they spent October? It warms the cockles of my heart, until I realize that the postseason included the best chances for Andre Dawson and Rick Reuschel to get World Series rings, which they didn't get but Dusty Baker and Steve Garvey did.

Aw, crap, where was I? Oh yeah. Schadenfreude is fung:

15) The Yankees lose out on a coveted star to... the Texas Rangers?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 03:33:39 PM »
17)  That a White Sox pitcher shit the tub in the All Star Game.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »
18) White Sox and Cardinals--not gonna hai. 

I must also say that, much as I hate the Cubs right now, that my hatred is squarely focused on the clown shoes in the front office, from Lord Fauntleroy Ricketts and his weird-ass family through Crane "I should be coaching polo at some east coast boarding school" Kenney down to that whiskey-drenched cruller-guzzling fat fuck in the GM's chair, and that I'm quite proud of the gutless slapdicks on the field for shovelling some dirt on the Tards this week. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs