News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NCAA/B1G Football  ( 44,990 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2012 NCAA/B1G Football
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2012, 10:49:01 PM »
Bielema bolts Wisconsin for Arkansas.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2012, 06:05:30 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 02, 2012, 09:21:34 PM
Quote from: PANK! on December 01, 2012, 09:58:57 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on December 01, 2012, 06:17:25 PM
Soooo...

Who's gonna coach NIU next year month?

Gone right away'd.

A little surprised he wouldn't parlay his success and roll the dice on pulling something off on the national stage to attract a bigger school than NC State, but it musta beena helluva lot of money, as NC State feels that he can do for them, relatively speaking, what he did for the Huskies.

Big hire for NIU coming up.  They've had some tremendous consistency from Novak-Kill-Doeren, but one tard hire could set it back.

Doeren is in a pretty awesome spot at NC State.  The conference isn't an SEC so it's winnable in the next few years.  If he succeeds, he'll get himself a really major job.  He's probably seeing this as just the next step.

Heard a rumor that NC State's eyeing a move to the SEC in a  few years.  At the very least, I'm sure they would've mentioned that to Doeren.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2012, 08:44:28 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 05, 2012, 06:05:30 AM
Soooo...

Gone right away'd.

A little surprised he wouldn't parlay his success and roll the dice on pulling something off on the national stage to attract a bigger school than NC State, but it musta beena helluva lot of money, as NC State feels that he can do for them, relatively speaking, what he did for the Huskies.

Big hire for NIU coming up.  They've had some tremendous consistency from Novak-Kill-Doeren, but one tard hire could set it back.

Doeren is in a pretty awesome spot at NC State.  The conference isn't an SEC so it's winnable in the next few years.  If he succeeds, he'll get himself a really major job.  He's probably seeing this as just the next step.

Heard a rumor that NC State's eyeing a move to the SEC in a  few years.  At the very least, I'm sure they would've mentioned that to Doeren.

I'm pretty sure they fired a guy who went 7-5 so I wouldn't say NC State is a great spot.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 05, 2012, 08:44:28 AM
Soooo...

Gone right away'd.

Doeren is in a pretty awesome spot at NC State.  The conference isn't an SEC so it's winnable in the next few years.  If he succeeds, he'll get himself a really major job.  He's probably seeing this as just the next step.

Heard a rumor that NC State's eyeing a move to the SEC in a  few years.  At the very least, I'm sure they would've mentioned that to Doeren.

I'm pretty sure they fired a guy who went 7-5 so I wouldn't say NC State is a great spot.

You can't blame them for firing Tom O'Brien. You wouldn't fire a guy for 7-5 if that was his worst, but you damn sure can if that's basically what he's done every year of his career. In 16 years as a head coach, he's never gone better than 9-3. I never understood why they hired him from BC in the first place. I don't even use the word "milquetoast" anymore. I just compare things to Tom O'Brien.

He's also had just 5 seasons where had winning conference records (never better than 5-3), and those conferences were the Big East and the ACC, so it shouldn't be that fucking hard to do.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 05, 2012, 08:57:35 AM
Soooo...

Gone right away'd.

Doeren is in a pretty awesome spot at NC State.  The conference isn't an SEC so it's winnable in the next few years.  If he succeeds, he'll get himself a really major job.  He's probably seeing this as just the next step.

Heard a rumor that NC State's eyeing a move to the SEC in a  few years.  At the very least, I'm sure they would've mentioned that to Doeren.

You can't blame them for firing Tom O'Brien. You wouldn't fire a guy for 7-5 if that was his worst, but you damn sure can if that's basically what he's done every year of his career. In 16 years as a head coach, he's never gone better than 9-3. I never understood why they hired him from BC in the first place. I don't even use the word "milquetoast" anymore. I just compare things to Tom O'Brien.

He's also had just 5 seasons where had winning conference records (never better than 5-3), and those conferences were the Big East and the ACC, so it shouldn't be that fucking hard to do.

I don't think Slaky was blaming them for firing him.

I think he was questioning the likelihood of NC State joining the SEC.

[ puts quarter in SKO and stands back ]
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 05, 2012, 09:24:00 AM
Soooo...

Gone right away'd.

Slaky wasn't blaming them for firing him.

If that's what he was saying, okay. Let Slaky himself clarify.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2012, 09:26:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 05, 2012, 09:26:23 AM
Soooo...

Gone right away'd.

Although I don't see why they wouldn't take NC State if they took Missourah.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2012, 09:48:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 05, 2012, 09:26:49 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 05, 2012, 09:26:23 AM
Soooo...

Gone right away'd.

Although I don't see why they wouldn't take NC State if they took Missourah.

For the same reason that you thought RGIII wouldn't be a good quarterback? 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 04, 2012, 10:49:01 PM

Please tell me that Wisconsin has a chance of beating Stanfurd.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 05, 2012, 12:08:57 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 04, 2012, 10:49:01 PM

Please tell me that Wisconsin has a chance of beating Stanfurd.

With Barry Alvarez coaching and the players wanting to win for Bart Starr, who collapsed the other day, sure.