News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NCAA/B1G Football  ( 44,987 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NCAA/B1G Football
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2013, 02:05:18 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 31, 2013, 09:54:10 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 31, 2013, 02:56:48 PM
Hoping for a great game tonight. Good luck to your gilded bears, Stew.

Same thought from me [though the gilded Bears appear to be more matte]-- Looks like a great night for a game

It was a good game.  Cal's QBack (Jared Goff) is a true freshman and for a while Cal was ahead in the second half (but for two interception TD returns on bobbled passes).  Northwestern's head coach is a head case to rival Harbaugh.  At one point he lay facedown and started pounding rthe turf with his fists.  He also had players lying down "injured" to slow down Cal's momentum.  Class act!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2013, 08:26:23 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 01, 2013, 02:05:18 AM

Same thought from me [though the gilded Bears appear to be more matte]-- Looks like a great night for a game

It was a good game.  Cal's QBack (Jared Goff) is a true freshman and for a while Cal was ahead in the second half (but for two interception TD returns on bobbled passes).  Northwestern's head coach is a head case to rival Harbaugh.  At one point he lay facedown and started pounding rthe turf with his fists.  He also had players lying down "injured" to slow down Cal's momentum.  Class act!

DAT'S CHICAGO'S BIG TEN TEAM MY FRENTS! PRITE PASSHUN AND LITERSHIP!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »

Yes Pat Fitzgerald  can be a legitimate loon on the field. As for NU players laying down,  there is some good precedent for it counsellor.  It's also worth pointing out that NU's better players were getting injured (and this is after Cal knocked out their starting QB and CB), and they often sat out for more than one play, which suggests it wasn't pure gamesmanship.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2013, 10:55:37 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on September 01, 2013, 09:58:10 AM

Yes Pat Fitzgerald  can be a legitimate loon on the field. As for NU players laying down,  there is some good precedent for it counsellor.  It's also worth pointing out that NU's better players were getting injured (and this is after Cal knocked out their starting QB and CB), and they often sat out for more than one play, which suggests it wasn't pure gamesmanship.

Good catch!  I can't get away with anything these days!  But at least Cal pulled that stunt against a far superior team. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2013, 03:59:35 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 01, 2013, 11:21:56 AM
Quote from: thehawk on September 01, 2013, 09:58:10 AM

Good catch!  I can't get away with anything these days!  But at least Cal pulled that stunt against a far superior team. 

Gotta say that Cal looked surprisingly good. NU faced the same stalling issues in past issues when they ran the hurry up stretch in the past, it's kind of a risk inherent in that offense.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »
Lousy Smichigan football.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2013, 05:04:45 PM »
Quote from: flannj on September 15, 2013, 01:43:01 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 14, 2013, 03:02:07 PM

Apparently I am a novice when it comes to football.  What is the quarterback supposed to do when he  sees that signal?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 15, 2013, 05:04:45 PM
Quote from: flannj on September 15, 2013, 01:43:01 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 14, 2013, 03:02:07 PM

Apparently I am a novice when it comes to football.  What is the quarterback supposed to do when he  sees that signal?

Finish.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
GameDay is broadcasting from Northwestern's campus this week, so get your hilarious, ironic signs ready.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2013, 05:38:30 PM »
Being ranked was fun.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »
Schadenfreud (spelling?)...Utah beat fifth ranked Stanfurd.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2013, 01:53:17 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 12, 2013, 08:27:11 PM
Schadenfreud (spelling?)...Utah beat fifth ranked Stanfurd.

Stanfurdfreude?