News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NCAA/B1G Football  ( 44,917 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NCAA/B1G Football
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2013, 08:32:43 PM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 13, 2013, 08:32:43 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 12, 2013, 05:38:30 PM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Playing Iowa, Idaho, Eastern Illinois, Purdue, Kent State, and Akron (and Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Massachusetts, Ball State, Toledo, and Western Michigan) helps.  NIU has a pretty good team but they don't play anybody. 

And yes, NU played Western Michigan this year too, but only because Vanderbilt broke its scheduling contracts to schedule more cupcakes.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2013, 03:46:32 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 13, 2013, 10:19:08 PM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Playing Iowa, Idaho, Eastern Illinois, Purdue, Kent State, and Akron (and Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Massachusetts, Ball State, Toledo, and Western Michigan) helps.  NIU has a pretty good team but they don't play anybody. 

And yes, NU played Western Michigan this year too, but only because Vanderbilt broke its scheduling contracts to schedule more cupcakes.

Hey!  Cheeky bastard.  GO BOILERS!

AND GO HUSKIES AS WELL WHILE WE'RE AT IT.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2013, 09:40:03 AM »
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Whereas Cal, which has no defense, plays Ohio State, Northwestern, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Oregon State, Arizona, Washington State, Arizona State.  It looks like Cal's only chance to win another game comes against USC.  However, USC fired Kiffen.  So that might not happen.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 14, 2013, 09:40:03 AM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Whereas Cal, which has no defense, plays Ohio State, Northwestern, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Oregon State, Arizona, Washington State, Arizona State.  It looks like Cal's only chance to win another game comes against USC.  However, USC fired Kiffen.  So that might not happen.

Notsofast, my friend.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 14, 2013, 11:01:47 AM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Whereas Cal, which has no defense, plays Ohio State, Northwestern, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Oregon State, Arizona, Washington State, Arizona State.  It looks like Cal's only chance to win another game comes against USC. However, USC fired Kiffen.  So that might not happen.

Notsofast, my friend.

Notsofast, Mully?

QuoteUpdate: The agent and son of Lovie Smith, Matt Smith, denied this report in a tweet sent Monday morning: “While USC would be an incredible opportunity (hey USC: CALL ME!), Lovie Smith did not interview for that opening. Any reports to the contrary are false.”
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2013, 11:38:30 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 14, 2013, 11:23:16 AM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Whereas Cal, which has no defense, plays Ohio State, Northwestern, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Oregon State, Arizona, Washington State, Arizona State.  It looks like Cal's only chance to win another game comes against USC. However, USC fired Kiffen.  So that might not happen.

Notsofast, my friend.

Notsofast, Mully?

QuoteUpdate: The agent and son of Lovie Smith, Matt Smith, denied this report in a tweet sent Monday morning: "While USC would be an incredible opportunity (hey USC: CALL ME!), Lovie Smith did not interview for that opening. Any reports to the contrary are false."

He didn't say that he wasn't going to interview or that he hasn't been contacted and indicated interest, nor did he say whether USC had decided not to bother with a formal interview process. Lovie's going Hollywood, it says here.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 14, 2013, 11:38:30 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 14, 2013, 11:23:16 AM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Notsofast, my friend.

Notsofast, Mully?

QuoteUpdate: The agent and son of Lovie Smith, Matt Smith, denied this report in a tweet sent Monday morning: "While USC would be an incredible opportunity (hey USC: CALL ME!), Lovie Smith did not interview for that opening. Any reports to the contrary are false."

He didn't say that he wasn't going to interview or that he hasn't been contacted and indicated interest, nor did he say whether USC had decided not to bother with a formal interview process. Lovie's going Hollywood, it says here.

Get ready for Loviewood, L.A.  "Cody Kessler is our quarterback."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Thought now would be a good time to point out the following:

Number of Big 10 teams NIU has beaten this year: 2
Number of Big 10 teams U of I & NU have beaten this year, combined:  0

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2013, 10:15:25 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 03, 2013, 08:20:22 AM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

You're right. NIU's wins over Ohio State and Wisconsin have convinced me they're legit.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2013, 05:47:38 PM »
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

It's all very nice and my whole family is NIU so I hope they do well. But they're not going to a BCS game again. If they did they'd get murdered. Their aim is to win the MAC and that's pretty much the best they can do while they're in that conference.

Wouldn't you agree?

Beating the dregs of the Big Ten is great and no, Illinois can't beat anyone (and would lose to NIU), but is that something to be proud of? Beating Illinois? Everyone does it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2013, 04:57:13 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 03, 2013, 05:47:38 PM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

It's all very nice and my whole family is NIU so I hope they do well. But they're not going to a BCS game again. If they did they'd get murdered. Their aim is to win the MAC and that's pretty much the best they can do while they're in that conference.

Wouldn't you agree?

Beating the dregs of the Big Ten is great and no, Illinois can't beat anyone (and would lose to NIU), but is that something to be proud of? Beating Illinois? Everyone does it.

They fared better in a BCS bowl than Notre Dame did (had a chance to take to the lead in the 4th and lost by 21), and their opponent is proving to be a legit #1 team this year.

Of course their aim is to win the MAC (for the 4th year in a row), but why wouldn't I (or them, or anybody) want to see them get another crack?  There are plenty of teams that get murdered in the BCS.  BCS teams, too, like the aforementioned Irish and pretty much every Big 10 team that gets a crack.  Why be a fuck and shit on NIU doing the same?  There's a chance they'd fare better than last year anyway, when they were clearly a little starstruck.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2013, 07:31:13 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 04, 2013, 04:57:13 AM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Wouldn't you agree?

Of course their aim is to win the MAC (for the 4th year in a row)

I lol'd. Make it winning the MAC 40 years in a row. Still wouldn't mean much more than a mundane win over Purdue or Illinois or this gutless Northwestern team that's pissed away its season the last five weeks.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:29 AM »
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Wouldn't you agree?

I was going to do this whole "Intrepid Readers: All the teams they beat" until I was reminded that they barely beat Southern Illinois

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 04, 2013, 07:31:13 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 04, 2013, 04:57:13 AM
Being ranked waIs fun.

NIU'd.

Wouldn't you agree?

Of course their aim is to win the MAC (for the 4th year in a row)

I lol'd. Make it winning the MAC 40 years in a row. Still wouldn't mean much more than a mundane win over Purdue or Illinois or this gutless Northwestern team that's pissed away its season the last five weeks.

Wait, how can a team coached by future USC/TEXAS/CHICAGO BEARS coach Jebus H. Fitzgerald be gutless?  It makes no sense.