News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 94,883 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2012, 11:42:52 AM »
Quote from: flannj on November 16, 2012, 11:22:13 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 16, 2012, 11:07:02 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 16, 2012, 10:16:38 AM
Quote from: R-V on November 16, 2012, 09:59:33 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 16, 2012, 09:48:31 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 16, 2012, 09:37:00 AM
All of that presumes that the average American stayed awake during any history class, which I'm not willing to bet on.

I THINK HE WAS JOKING.

You can't expect Gil to ever pass up on an opportunity to point out the stupidity of others, after which he'll immediately click over to enjoy the comments section of a Politico article.

I'm also wondering what school in America teaches anything about any of those people I mentioned. Hell, I'm not even sure my school mentioned anything about Stalin other than= Godless Communist. I know we didn't learn shit about Chairman Mao.

When I went to school Stalin and Mao were still making history.

I would have guessed Vlad the Impaler.

I would have guessed Gilgamesh.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 16, 2012, 11:42:52 AM
All of that presumes that the average American stayed awake during any history class, which I'm not willing to bet on.

I THINK HE WAS JOKING.

You can't expect Gil to ever pass up on an opportunity to point out the stupidity of others, after which he'll immediately click over to enjoy the comments section of a Politico article.

I'm also wondering what school in America teaches anything about any of those people I mentioned. Hell, I'm not even sure my school mentioned anything about Stalin other than= Godless Communist. I know we didn't learn shit about Chairman Mao.

Ur joking.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 16, 2012, 11:51:22 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 16, 2012, 11:42:52 AM

I THINK HE WAS JOKING.

Ur joking.

By Anu, that's clever!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2012, 10:28:44 AM »
Pat Quinn GETS IT.

QuoteAfter months of promising a major grass-roots effort to win public support for reforming the state's government worker pension system, Gov. Pat Quinn on Sunday unveiled a plan that featured an incomplete online strategy, children wearing red plastic megaphones and an animated "Squeezy the Pension Python" mascot.

QuoteThe pension system's unfunded liability now is estimated to be at least $96 billion. The governor has warned that without changes, future funding for public employee retirement will put the squeeze on state funding for education and social services. That led to the introduction of "Squeezy" about midway through a 3-minute, 44-second video produced in-house by the governor's office.

The strategy includes a website featuring a video on the history of pensions since ancient Rome and a chorus of children shouting "Thanks in advance" for fixing the retirement system. Quinn appeared at a Thompson Center news conference with about 15 children who wore red plastic megaphones with "Thanks in advance" stickers.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
Pat Quinn can go fuck himself

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 19, 2012, 10:28:44 AM
Pat Quinn GETS IT.

QuoteAfter months of promising a major grass-roots effort to win public support for reforming the state's government worker pension system, Gov. Pat Quinn on Sunday unveiled a plan that featured an incomplete online strategy, children wearing red plastic megaphones and an animated "Squeezy the Pension Python" mascot.

QuoteThe pension system's unfunded liability now is estimated to be at least $96 billion. The governor has warned that without changes, future funding for public employee retirement will put the squeeze on state funding for education and social services. That led to the introduction of "Squeezy" about midway through a 3-minute, 44-second video produced in-house by the governor's office.

The strategy includes a website featuring a video on the history of pensions since ancient Rome and a chorus of children shouting "Thanks in advance" for fixing the retirement system. Quinn appeared at a Thompson Center news conference with about 15 children who wore red plastic megaphones with "Thanks in advance" stickers.

Whip Inflation Now.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2012, 03:44:28 PM »
This is actually a pretty interesting read: http://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2012/11/organized-labors-newest-heroes-strippers/265376/

And, for those wondering, the organized strip club referenced therein is in Stew's backyard.  The Lucky Lady, as I recall.  There was a documentary made about those workers back a few years ago.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 19, 2012, 03:44:28 PM
This is actually a pretty interesting read: http://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2012/11/organized-labors-newest-heroes-strippers/265376/

And, for those wondering, the organized strip club referenced therein is in Stew's backyard.  The Lucky Lady, as I recall.  There was a documentary made about those workers back a few years ago.

How's the buffet?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 19, 2012, 03:44:28 PM

Not just in my backyard, but one of my union clients organized them.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »
Back in the 1970's when "Hair" came out, (no double entendre intended), the San Francisco cast was contemplating a strike over working conditions and had me meet with them their dressing room before a performance to discuss the consequences if they called a wildcat strike.  They invited me to join them for the "under the parachute" nude scene.  It is one of the regrets that this old man has about things that I could have done, but chickened out.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2012, 09:21:39 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 19, 2012, 04:18:16 PM
Back in the 1970's when "Hair" came out, (no double entendre intended), the San Francisco cast was contemplating a strike over working conditions and had me meet with them their dressing room before a performance to discuss the consequences if they called a wildcat strike.  They invited me to join them for the "under the parachute" nude scene.  It is one of the regrets that this old man has about things that I could have done, but chickened out.

Wow.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2012, 08:44:02 AM »
A defeated Mitt Romney or awesome Bruce Campbell?

You decide!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2012, 08:46:12 AM »

I think the fact that he went to see "Twilight" instead of "Lincoln" tells us what a bullet we dodged.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2012, 09:05:20 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 20, 2012, 08:44:02 AM

You decide!

Seriously, who is that?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2012, 09:24:56 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 20, 2012, 09:05:20 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 20, 2012, 08:44:02 AM

You decide!

Seriously, who is that?

It's Mitt getting gas in La Jolla, CA.