News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jake Arrieta 2017 Salary Drive Sploogefest  ( 71,734 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jake Arrieta Premature Ejaculation Thread
« Reply #585 on: November 01, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »
Good season. Thanks man.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: November 09, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »
Jake Arrieta ‏@JArrieta34  2h2 hours ago
Time for Hollywood to pony up and head for the border #illhelpyoupack #beatit

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: November 09, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on November 09, 2016, 11:32:54 AM

Not really sure what he's trying to say, exactly.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: November 09, 2016, 01:16:46 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 09, 2016, 01:11:02 PM

Be a tit, Sterling. Be a tit.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: November 09, 2016, 01:18:31 PM »

I don't know about the current crop of players, but it's generally common for players to be conservatives. It's depressing to realize that these guys support Trump, but I guess it's not surprising.
M'lady.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: November 09, 2016, 01:24:52 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 09, 2016, 01:18:31 PM

I don't know about the current crop of players, but it's generally common for players to be conservatives. It's depressing to realize that these guys support Trump, but I guess it's not surprising.
I thought that he was just saying that he wanted the movie industry to make more Westerns.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: November 09, 2016, 01:51:45 PM »

Not what I meant. He could be a Trump supporter but he could also just be complaining about (a) sanctimonious protest votes, (b) insincere declarations of moving to Canada from Hollywood types, (c) how much of Hollywood is responsible for making Trump a national star, etc. He's from Austin which went blue, so this isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. It's just not a well-made point, which is not what I expect from my professional ball-slinging heroes. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: November 09, 2016, 04:52:52 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 09, 2016, 01:51:45 PM

Not what I meant. He could be a Trump supporter but he could also just be complaining about (a) sanctimonious protest votes, (b) insincere declarations of moving to Canada from Hollywood types, (c) how much of Hollywood is responsible for making Trump a national star, etc. He's from Austin which went blue, so this isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. It's just not a well-made point, which is not what I expect from my professional ball-slinging heroes. 
It is (b). http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/305117-celebs-who-said-theyd-leave-country-if-trump-won
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: November 09, 2016, 07:28:06 PM »
I'm shocked that a white millionaire from Texas would support Trump.

But I really hope one of the brothers calls him on this shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: November 09, 2016, 09:32:43 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 09, 2016, 07:28:06 PM

Unless I missed something, there's still no evidence he actually supports Trump.  Just that he likes calling out celebrities for claiming they will move.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: November 10, 2016, 07:01:54 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 09, 2016, 09:32:43 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 09, 2016, 07:28:06 PM

Unless I missed something, there's still no evidence he actually supports Trump.  Just that he likes calling out celebrities for claiming they will move.

Sure.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: November 10, 2016, 08:16:26 AM »
Half of the country voted for him. I don't care if Jake is one of them. A lot of people who mean a lot more to you than Jake Arrieta probably did, too. Not saying you can't be mad at him, or them, or this entire country, but angrily dismissing them as nothing more than idiots and bigots isn't the right response either. I thought maybe it was, but it turns out that years of just dismissing an entire swath of the country's complaints because even the valid complaints were surrounded by racism and sexism makes those people mad, and only creates more anger and it was enough to make this tragedy happen.

If Jake's a Trump supporter, fine. Throw the baseball well and I'll look past it. I'll write it off as ignorance and I hope he learns from it, like I hope they'll all learn from it. We're going to have to pick our battles for a while, folks. This isn't the one I want to have.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: November 10, 2016, 09:29:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2016, 08:16:26 AM
Half of the country voted for him. I don't care if Jake is one of them. A lot of people who mean a lot more to you than Jake Arrieta probably did, too. Not saying you can't be mad at him, or them, or this entire country, but angrily dismissing them as nothing more than idiots and bigots isn't the right response either. I thought maybe it was, but it turns out that years of just dismissing an entire swath of the country's complaints because even the valid complaints were surrounded by racism and sexism makes those people mad, and only creates more anger and it was enough to make this tragedy happen.

If Jake's a Trump supporter, fine. Throw the baseball well and I'll look past it. I'll write it off as ignorance and I hope he learns from it, like I hope they'll all learn from it. We're going to have to pick our battles for a while, folks. This isn't the one I want to have.

Yep.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: November 10, 2016, 09:31:14 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 10, 2016, 09:29:43 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2016, 08:16:26 AM

Yep.

BUT JULIE TOLD HIM, AS A WOMAN, THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HURTING AND JAKE'S NOT BEING VERY NICE.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: November 10, 2016, 10:20:07 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2016, 08:16:26 AMHalf One quarter of the country voted for him.

Corrected for the fact that HALF of our apathetic electorate didn't vote at all.