News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,557 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »
"Estaban" = "Stephen", right?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2009, 07:39:12 AM »
Kerm and Yeti, sorry I had to leave the game so quickly.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2009, 09:18:20 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 13, 2009, 07:39:12 AM

It's alright Kerm bailed on me shortly afterwards and never showed up later that night like he said he would. <fights back tears>

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2009, 11:14:43 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 13, 2009, 09:18:20 AM

It's alright Kerm bailed on me shortly afterwards and never showed up later that night like he said he would. <fights back tears>

Our time was way too short.  We need to hook it up again.  Headquarters should be the game.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 13, 2009, 11:14:43 AM

Our time was way too short.  We need to hook it up again.  Headquarters should be the game.

Kerm needs to be on a higher level, I think.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 13, 2009, 11:28:06 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 13, 2009, 11:14:43 AM

Kerm needs to be on a higher level, I think.

Aw, that's kinda sad.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2009, 12:13:26 PM »

Turns out I got so drunk that I finally sobered up about 30 minutes ago.  I don't think I could have even managed to turn on the Xbox.  I'M RESPONSIBLE.
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 13, 2009, 12:13:26 PM

Turns out I got so drunk that I finally sobered up about 30 minutes ago.  I don't think I could have even managed to turn on the Xbox.  I'M RESPONSIBLE.

Were you drunk when you went 3-8?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2009, 09:17:15 AM »
FH, How are you winning so many matches? I think your ratio is 1.59, while I think mine is 0.60. Do you have a few guys you play with and do very well with? Or do you have a certain game you guys do?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 13, 2009, 02:06:41 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 13, 2009, 12:13:26 PM

Were you drunk when you went 3-8?

Yes.  But that's also a good match for me.
Hire Jim Essian!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »
Over in PS3 land, I have gotten up to Level 38.  KDR is about 1.45, but my win ratio is about .80.  It is very difficult to win in these games, as most of the people playing right now are focusing on a conservative (i.e. camping) game, rather than pounding the ground and securing objectives.

I expect that to change within a week or so, as the first wave players get closer to the higher ranks.

I did kill a guy with a crate this past weekend, so that was nice.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 16, 2009, 11:57:07 AM
Over in PS3 land, I have gotten up to Level 38.  KDR is about 1.45, but my win ratio is about .80.  It is very difficult to win in these games, as most of the people playing right now are focusing on a conservative (i.e. camping) game, rather than pounding the ground and securing objectives.

I expect that to change within a week or so, as the first wave players get closer to the higher ranks.

My KDR is still below 1.00, but since I've changed the sensitivity on the analog, I've been doing significantly better.  I also screwed myself over by trying to get the thermal sight on the .50 cal because you need to get 20 kills with the ACOG sight, which I found nearly impossible with that gun.

I think my win ratio is a lot higher, but I usually only play TDM, and it's with mostly the same group of guys.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2009, 12:24:24 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 16, 2009, 12:07:28 PM

My KDR is still below 1.00, but since I've changed the sensitivity on the analog, I've been doing significantly better.  I also screwed myself over by trying to get the thermal sight on the .50 cal because you need to get 20 kills with the ACOG sight, which I found nearly impossible with that gun.

I think my win ratio is a lot higher, but I usually only play TDM, and it's with mostly the same group of guys.

I've been an absolute beast with the MPK5 and the M4.  On the former, I have the holo sight and extended mag, with the stopping power pro.  On the M4, I have the holo sight and the FMJ, with stopping power pro.  That is a complete killer, usually one shot to take someone out. 

Some other notes, the sleight of hand pro and lightweight pro are worth obtaining.  They help considerably when you are running and gunning. 

The Stryker is great too.  Good distance for a shotty.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 16, 2009, 12:24:24 PM

I've been an absolute beast with the MPK5 and the M4.  On the former, I have the holo sight and extended mag, with the stopping power pro.  On the M4, I have the holo sight and the FMJ, with stopping power pro.  That is a complete killer, usually one shot to take someone out. 

Some other notes, the sleight of hand pro and lightweight pro are worth obtaining.  They help considerably when you are running and gunning. 

Lately I've been using the TAR21 with Holo Sight and either Silencer or Heartbeat Sensor and Stopping Power Pro.  I like having Slight of Hand Pro, but Bling is a really awesome perk.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 16, 2009, 12:24:24 PM

Since we're sharing our progress, I'm a level 45, I think. My KD is 1.10. I have some of those missions where you go 2-10. I think I now have over 2000 kills, and almost half of those are with the M4. I got the mastery with that. Getting the FMJ mastery is quite a bitch to do. As far as perks, I've got pro on all the blue ones, except One Man Army which I unlocked just before I went to bed last night. My preferred classes (when I'm not trying to complete a challenge) are Bling Pro (holo and silencer), Cold Blooded, and Ninja. I don't really like being seen on radars. I'm a big time flanker, so when you have those things on, if they don't physically see you, you can come up from behind and rail their asses. I love railing asses.