News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,562 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #375 on: December 14, 2009, 02:07:28 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 14, 2009, 01:50:16 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 14, 2009, 01:32:56 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 14, 2009, 01:23:11 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 14, 2009, 01:00:18 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 14, 2009, 07:34:46 AM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 12, 2009, 03:19:34 PM
I had an absolutely great game last night.  HQ in Karachi Invasion.  I went 100-21-44.  It was amazing.  I missed on getting the nuke twice, both of which ended at 24 kill streaks, which is my current best.

The setup: Slieght of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Steady Aim Pro with the FMJ SCAR, using just the iron sights.  It was amazing.

Question: What killstreak layout do you think would be the best for getting up to 25?  I'm using Predator at 5, Pave Low at 9, and AC130 at 11.  Thoughts?

What is 100-21-44?  You got 21 assists?  44 deaths?  I was using the Predator, Harrier and AC130.  I switched to the Pavelow because the Harrier sometimes just sits there waiting to be shot at.

Yeti, I think I may have fixed my router problem.  I had this thing called UPnP enabled on my router, but it turns out I needed it to be disabled.  My NAT on MW2 is now at "Moderate."  There was a guy who I was having trouble connecting to before and now we got in no problem.  I'll be online this evening if you want to be a nerd with me.

By the way, I know it's completely within the rules of the game, but what is the fun in running around with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando and wielding akimbo Rangers and sneaking up behind people all match, especially when your K/D for a round is 25-35?  Why is that fun?  Is it because he knows he's pissing me off by sneaking up behind me while I'm trying to get a kill streak going?

100 kills, 21 assists, and 44 deaths.  It was a great game.  It came in the context of a great weekend too, because it reversed the decline in my KDR from the past week.  It's gone back up to 1.21.

I'm debating whether or not to go prestige on my primary name.  I really want to, but I don't want to lose my stuff all over again.  It does suck, because when I get all of these XPs, it does nothing for me.

Thoughts?

I believe you get to keep your emblems and callsigns, and maybe even your killstreaks and deathstreaks, but double check me on that.  Other than that, the only real reason to prestige is to unlock another custom class slot and to hear the level up sound that I love so much.

100 kills is beast.  Invasion is a fun map.

Callsigns and emblems stay. Killstreaks and deathstreaks don't. There's an added "Prestige" challenge, along with 2 additional challenges on each gun. It's worth it to do it once, personally. I know I'm going to prestige over and over until I can't anymore. Invasion is an amazing map. I have some of my best games there. Terminal and Scrapyard, as well.

Also, I just noticed something. You missed the nuke 2x but you had Predator, Pavelow, and AC130 selected? You have to have the nuke as your third and get rid of those.. Or did I read you wrong?

You're right, as I noticed that later.  I guess its better that I missed the 25 in a row, since nothing would have happened anyway.  I've changed it since.

So prestiging just once is basically all you need in order to unlock those new challenges?

Yea. As far as I know. I doubt they'd add more for the second, third, etc presitges. I do know you can get more callsigns for prestiging so many times, but that's not too big of a deal. I'm around level 25-35 of my second go around (prestiged once) so I will let you know of any changes for additional prestiges.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: December 15, 2009, 07:20:02 AM »
Connection problems:  fixed.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: December 15, 2009, 07:28:05 AM »
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2009, 07:32:17 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 15, 2009, 07:20:02 AM

Yep. Now there's a new problem, though. I found a new glitch last night, after you got off. Apparently, in a bunch of matches, there was a game glitch that allowed for infinite ammo and no need for reloading. What this resulted in was an automatic grenade launcher fest. This glitch is much more intrusive than the Javelin glitch, as you have no choice but to participate, but it's actually fun. Seeing all the grenades fly is amazing. Also, I set up Predator, AC130, and Nuke when I found this. The AC130 is ridiculous, because the biggest gun doesn't need to reload and shoots as fast as a P90. It allowed me to get 14 kills with the 130. It was amazing. I then set off the nuke.

Videos documenting what's happening here: http://www.dipity.com/timeline/Modern-Warfare-2-Unlimited-Ammo-Glitch

I don't know if any knows why this happened, but I'm sure Infinity Ward will fix this fast because it completely changes the online experience

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2009, 07:34:55 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 15, 2009, 07:32:17 AM

Yep. Now there's a new problem, though. I found a new glitch last night, after you got off. Apparently, in a bunch of matches, there was a game glitch that allowed for infinite ammo and no need for reloading. What this resulted in was an automatic grenade launcher fest. This glitch is much more intrusive than the Javelin glitch, as you have no choice but to participate, but it's actually fun. Seeing all the grenades fly is amazing. Also, I set up Predator, AC130, and Nuke when I found this. The AC130 is ridiculous, because the biggest gun doesn't need to reload and shoots as fast as a P90. It allowed me to get 14 kills with the 130. It was amazing. I then set off the nuke.

Videos documenting what's happening here: http://www.dipity.com/timeline/Modern-Warfare-2-Unlimited-Ammo-Glitch

I don't know if any knows why this happened, but I'm sure Infinity Ward will fix this fast because it completely changes the online experience

Well, that explains why I was getting mauled Sunday night.  I felt like every death was with a noob tube.

My one question is this:  how do people find these glitches?  Is it just luck?  Do they enter cheat codes?  Is Weebs Game Sharking the IWard servers?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2009, 07:36:57 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 15, 2009, 07:34:55 AM

Well, that explains why I was getting mauled Sunday night.  I felt like every death was with a noob tube.

My one question is this:  how do people find these glitches?  Is it just luck?  Do they enter cheat codes?  Is Weebs Game Sharking the IWard servers?

I was just reading ]this article as I saw the post.  Nice job, IW.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2009, 07:47:12 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 15, 2009, 07:36:57 AM

Is this the kind of stuff that could be pretty much weeded out if they'd do a prerelease beta?  Isn't that the point of a beta?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
IAN, your Sunday night experience probably isn't what this was. I'll try to post one of the videos in the sbox so you can see it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »
Aw, damnit.  I wanted to blame it something other than me being terrible.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 15, 2009, 07:47:12 AM

Is this the kind of stuff that could be pretty much weeded out if they'd do a prerelease beta?  Isn't that the point of a beta?

No, it's not.  IW had significant beta testing for this game, but it was probably just all internal.  Or if it wasn't, it at least wasn't a public beta like with Halo.  Apparently, this is an exploit that modders have created and somehow it gets passed along between systems, being stored in the 360's cache.  Beta testing is meant for finding bugs and balance issues.  That Javelin glitch may have been something they just missed, or perhaps it popped up after one of the post-release patches.  But IW says they know about this newest problem and are working on it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2009, 08:44:48 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 15, 2009, 08:06:24 AM

No, it's not.  IW had significant beta testing for this game, but it was probably just all internal.  Or if it wasn't, it at least wasn't a public beta like with Halo.  Apparently, this is an exploit that modders have created and somehow it gets passed along between systems, being stored in the 360's cache.  Beta testing is meant for finding bugs and balance issues.  That Javelin glitch may have been something they just missed, or perhaps it popped up after one of the post-release patches.  But IW says they know about this newest problem and are working on it.

I have no idea what "cache" or "modder" or "the" means.  So, some nerds found a way to make the game gayer?

Yeti, thanks for the video link.  I bet that guy had fun.  I couldn't see what his final score was, though.  Too bad he didnt' have a nuke.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2009, 08:58:35 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 15, 2009, 08:44:48 AM
Quote from: Weebs on December 15, 2009, 08:06:24 AM

I have no idea what "cache" or "modder" or "the" means.  So, some nerds found a way to make the game gayer?

Yeti, thanks for the video link.  I bet that guy had fun.  I couldn't see what his final score was, though.  Too bad he didnt' have a nuke.

It actually is pretty fun. It's gayer than shit, but oh well. I would actually like to see them open this kind of play up for private matches, but I think it might be best for IW to shut this down completely, because if they did open it up on Private matches, someone would find a way to manipulate it into the ranked matches.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: December 15, 2009, 10:49:59 AM »
Quote from: Pre on December 15, 2009, 09:56:33 AM
Thought you nerds would enjoy this:
http://fidgit.com/archives/2009/12/how_to_stop_a_nuke_and_other_m.php

The knife kills in that video remind of this one I saw, which is possibly the most ridiculous kill ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »
Killstreak question.  Say I get a five streak and then die.  If I use my Predator missile and get three kills with it after I spawn, do those three count toward a new streak?