News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread  ( 35,128 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2015, 10:26:30 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 16, 2015, 05:54:24 PM
Jon's just saving it all up for an epic walk-off pickoff of Matt Carpenter to end Game 75 of the NLCDS which leads to a humiliated Carpenter's immediate retirement from the game of baseball followed by the rest of the Cardinals, one by one, 2014-2015 San Francisco 49ers Offseason style. The team is folded, St. Louis's economy crumbles, and the city is razed to the ground by its creditors and thoroughly destroyed by drone strikes personally authorized by President Obama under the official codename Enduring Darren Wilson live via satellite on the Busch Stadium jumbotron.

Selig-Card Change'd

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2015, 08:11:40 AM »
Final regular season line: 32 starts, 205 IP, 9.09 K/9, 2.06 BB/9, 207 Ks, 3.34 ERA, 2.93 FIP, 3.07 xFIP, 5.0 fWAR (just half a win less than his career high 5.5 last year).

But 11-12 and pickoffs so nice choice, epstink.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2015, 08:14:23 AM »
Retiring 20 straight guys is a good way to not have to hear about pickoff throws.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2015, 09:48:25 AM »
So, has there been any talk of Lester being available for a few innings in the wild-card game? I know he's scheduled to start Game 1 of the NLDS on Friday, but -- big, if true alert -- you have to get there first. Arrieta *should* be able to go 7+ strong, so it probably won't be an issue, but if he's somehow out of there before the 7th or 8th inning, do you turn to Lester rather than a Richard/Cahill/Wood type?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2015, 09:51:05 AM »
I have a feeling the game is going to be low scoring and a candidate for extra innings. If that happens, I'm hoping Joe uses the bullpen monster, to save Lester for St. Louis. They've been better than half the rotation anyway.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2015, 09:57:27 AM »
I heard it suggested a week or so ago that it'll only be Jake and Jon, along with 7 bullpen arms.  16 offensive players.  Shit, even MAZCK SEIZURE could make this roster (at the expense of Bucket Head though I think)

Lester'll be on more rest than Arrieta, so it might also be helpful for him if he threw 2 or 3 innings (if it came to that).  That'd push him to Game 2 of the LDS I suppose, but he'd still be able to pitch twice in that theoretical subsequent series, no? And who cares if Bullpen (Or Preparation H) Day is Game 1 or 2?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2015, 12:12:44 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 01, 2015, 09:57:27 AM
I heard it suggested a week or so ago that it'll only be Jake and Jon, along with 7 bullpen arms.  16 offensive players.  Shit, even MAZCK SEIZURE could make this roster (at the expense of Bucket Head though I think)

Lester'll be on more rest than Arrieta, so it might also be helpful for him if he threw 2 or 3 innings (if it came to that).  That'd push him to Game 2 of the LDS I suppose, but he'd still be able to pitch twice in that theoretical subsequent series, no? And who cares if Bullpen (Or Preparation H) Day is Game 1 or 2?

I throw all hands at the Pirates to beat them. Whatever it takes. I think Joe would do the same.

The idea of Lester coming out of the pen would be so sick.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2015, 12:32:46 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 01, 2015, 12:12:44 PM

I throw all hands at the Pirates to beat them. Whatever it takes. I think Joe would do the same.

I would love to see Jake used as our Madison Bumgarner if necessary. Four inning save in game seven? Do it, Joe.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2015, 12:34:01 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 01, 2015, 12:32:46 PM

I would love to see Jake used as our Madison Bumgarner if necessary. Four inning save in game seven? Do it, Joe.

I dunno...I mean it'd be nice to have but I wouldn't look forward to it, as it'd mean that the Jake Express hit a snag which i frankly don't want to entertain.

Good insurance policy, though.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2015, 03:25:28 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 01, 2015, 09:48:25 AM
So, has there been any talk of Lester being available for a few innings in the wild-card game? I know he's scheduled to start Game 1 of the NLDS on Friday, but -- big, if true alert -- you have to get there first. Arrieta *should* be able to go 7+ strong, so it probably won't be an issue, but if he's somehow out of there before the 7th or 8th inning, do you turn to Lester rather than a Richard/Cahill/Wood type?

Why wouldn't Jake just go all 9?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 01, 2015, 12:34:01 PM

I dunno...I mean it'd be nice to have but I wouldn't look forward to it, as it'd mean that the Jake Express hit a snag which i frankly don't want to entertain.

When did Madison Bumgarner hit his snag in the 2014 playoffs?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2015, 03:28:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 01, 2015, 03:25:28 PM

Why wouldn't Jake just go all 9?

Shit, Jake goes 12 if that's what it takes.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2015, 04:43:11 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 01, 2015, 03:26:47 PM
Quote from: PANK! on October 01, 2015, 12:34:01 PM

When did Madison Bumgarner hit his snag in the 2014 playoffs?

I think I thought you were talking about Lester.  Sorry--my pank.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »

Lester and everyone else who has pitched for the Cubs and is on the Wild Card roster, David Ross and Chris Denorfia included, should be ready to pitch.

But back to the strategery of the bullpen day... why not have it Game 1, regardless? You could even have Lester announced as the starter and as soon as the game starts, get Wood/Richard/Cahill/Hammel ready in the pen and replace Lester as soon as the Cubs half of the first is over. The Cubs can punch Wacha in the face and then Lester goes Game 2 with Arrieta waiting to start Game 3 at Wrigley.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 02, 2015, 12:07:23 PM

Lester and everyone else who has pitched for the Cubs and is on the Wild Card roster, David Ross and Chris Denorfia included, should be ready to pitch.

But back to the strategery of the bullpen day... why not have it Game 1, regardless? You could even have Lester announced as the starter and as soon as the game starts, get Wood/Richard/Cahill/Hammel ready in the pen and replace Lester as soon as the Cubs half of the first is over. The Cubs can punch Wacha in the face and then Lester goes Game 2 with Arrieta waiting to start Game 3 at Wrigley.

They would automatically start the game with 24 players and Rizzo and Bryant would get drilled in the head because Maddon isn't playing the game the right way.