News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Firebarn David Ross  ( 21,612 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Firebarn David Ross
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:37:24 AM »
I don't really hold a bad AB against Chapman against him, but every time I think about why he's even on this roster I get angry, so let's firebarn the sonofabitch.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Firebarn David Ross
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:18:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 15, 2015, 07:37:24 AM
I don't really hold a bad AB against Chapman against him, but every time I think about why he's even on this roster I get angry, so let's firebarn the sonofabitch.

This could double as the Jon Lester firebarn, since he's the reason Ross is on the team to begin with.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:35:44 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2015, 08:18:16 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 15, 2015, 07:37:24 AM

This could double as the Jon Lester firebarn, since he's the reason Ross is on the team to begin with.

OR we blame Ross for Lester's struggles. Eh? EH?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 09:05:16 AM »
All Castillo has done in his last 3 pinch-hit at-bats is 1) clean RBI single which set the stage for Fowler's heroics Sunday, 2) a frozen rope which looked like it'd have ended the game Monday with a walk-off win had Marlon Byrd not stumbled ass backwards into it, and 3) his 2-run homer last night.

If the Cubs eventually get a king's ransom for Beef, then OK fine.  But right now I'm a little annoyed about having to watch this sadsack hump of a human being Ross at the plate knowing how much better of a player is "behind" him.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 09:06:06 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 15, 2015, 09:05:16 AM
All Castillo has done in his last 3 pinch-hit at-bats is 1) clean RBI single which set the stage for Fowler's heroics Sunday, 2) a frozen rope which looked like it'd have ended the game Monday with a walk-off win had Marlon Byrd not stumbled ass backwards into it, and 3) his 2-run homer last night.

If the Cubs eventually get a king's ransom for Beef, then OK fine.  But right now I'm a little annoyed about having to watch this sadsack hump of a human being Ross at the plate knowing how much better of a player is "behind" him.

The Cubs only have one catcher who can hit and it's the guy they're trying desperately to trade.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 09:13:08 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2015, 09:06:06 AM

The Cubs only have one catcher who can hit and it's the guy they're trying desperately to trade.

But he can't frame, man. HE CAN'T FRAME

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 09:15:13 AM »

Good to know we've written off Miguel Montero after 15 ABs.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 15, 2015, 09:15:13 AM

What about the 1035 PAs he had his last two years in AZ that would seem to indicate he can't hit anymore?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 15, 2015, 09:16:48 AM

What about the 1035 PAs he had his last two years in AZ that would seem to indicate he can't hit anymore?

And the 417 PAs Castillo had last year with even worse offensive output?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 09:20:52 AM »

I think if they were desperate, he'd already be gone but valid point (though Montero can't be as bad as Ross as a hitter)
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 09:23:28 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 15, 2015, 09:20:04 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 15, 2015, 09:16:48 AM

And the 417 PAs Castillo had last year with even worse offensive output?

Oh shut up, nerdlinger.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 09:24:40 AM »
Anyways this is the hate David Ross thread. I have no issue with Montero. I think he'll end up hitting enough to be a useful catcher given his good defense. The point is that if Montero is this great defensive catcher that's a league leader in framing why have a second no-hit, good defense catcher backing him up?

STAY ON TARGET PEOPLE, David Ross must burn.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 09:26:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 15, 2015, 09:24:40 AM
Anyways this is the hate David Ross thread. I have no issue with Montero. I think he'll end up hitting enough to be a useful catcher given his good defense. The point is that if Montero is this great defensive catcher that's a league leader in framing why have a second no-hit, good defense catcher backing him up?

It's been a week no one gets firebarned. Come on.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 15, 2015, 09:26:15 AM

I wanted to get out in front of this. I will bet my finest belt that by the end of this season there's no desipiot alive who won't want to add kindling to this purging blaze.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 15, 2015, 09:30:04 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 15, 2015, 09:26:15 AM

I wanted to get out in front of this. I will bet my finest belt that by the end of this season there's no desipiot alive who won't want to add kindling to this purging blaze.

I've decided I love David Ross and there's nothing you can say to stop me.