News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Firebarn David Ross  ( 21,622 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Firebarn David Ross
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2015, 01:16:56 PM »

Fuck it, DFA Ross and let Schwarber stick around and play LF 4 games out of 5 and catch the 5th. Whatever shortcomings his defensive game may have can be outhit more easily than Ross' lack of offense can be outcaught.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2015, 01:53:50 PM »
Maybe Lester's just a fucking closet case who can't throw to first and is afraid of facing a big league fastball. Maybe having Ross around is just cathartic for him in this big, crazy, loud world with all these people around who want to touch him and ask him questions.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2015, 02:02:27 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 18, 2015, 01:53:50 PM
Maybe Lester's just a fucking closet case who can't throw to first and is afraid of facing a big league fastball. Maybe having Ross around is just cathartic for him in this big, crazy, loud world with all these people around who want to touch him and ask him questions.

He did surprisingly well in Oakland without Ross if that's the case. I went soft on Ross for a few weeks and now I regret it. I've singlehandedly turned Coghlan into Billy Williams out there in left. Least I can do is hate Ross into being useful or at least a really solid bullpen catcher.

Let's torch this barn, fuckers. See you in hell, Ross.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2015, 08:51:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 18, 2015, 02:02:27 PM

He did surprisingly well in Oakland without Ross if that's the case. I went soft on Ross for a few weeks and now I regret it. I've singlehandedly turned Coghlan into Billy Williams out there in left. Least I can do is hate Ross into being useful or at least a really solid bullpen catcher.

But if you hate Ross into being good, then Schwarber goes away. Say nice things about Ross so he plays bad enough to be released.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2015, 08:55:07 AM »
Quote from: Tony on June 19, 2015, 08:51:13 AM

But if you hate Ross into being good, then Schwarber goes away. Say nice things about Ross so he plays bad enough to be released.

He never will be. That's the trouble -- he could go hitless for the season and his defenders would say "he's not there for his offense." Which is effective in the sense that it takes away all of your arguments about how bad he is at an enormous part of baseball.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2015, 08:56:32 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 19, 2015, 08:55:07 AM
Quote from: Tony on June 19, 2015, 08:51:13 AM

He never will be. That's the trouble -- he could go hitless for the season and his defenders would say "he's not there for his offense." Which is effective in the sense that it takes away all of your arguments about how bad he is at an enormous part of baseball.

And if he's not there for his offense Joe shouldn't auto-start him vs. every left handed starter they face or ever, ever use him as a pinch hitter, but alas, here we are.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2015, 09:27:56 AM »
Can you talk about David Ross in all the threads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2015, 09:30:02 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 19, 2015, 09:27:56 AM

Well, this is the David Ross thread.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 19, 2015, 09:30:02 AM

That's why I'm asking people in this thread to spread the Ross talk to all the rest of the threads he keeps appearing in. I'd like to get him into the TV forum if we could, as well.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2015, 09:52:58 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 19, 2015, 09:40:11 AM

That's why I'm asking people in this thread to spread the Ross talk to all the rest of the threads he keeps appearing in. I'd like to get him into the TV forum if we could, as well.

Well Desipio is Latin for "have an unnatural interest in the backup catcher".
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on June 19, 2015, 09:52:58 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 19, 2015, 09:40:11 AM

Well Desipio is Latin for "have an unnatural interest in the backup catcher".

I admit it: I LOLed.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2015, 02:56:13 PM »
Great AB with the bases loaded there.  But hey, Lester is on the mound, so we can't PH Montero in a huge spot.

I fucking hate this asshole.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2015, 08:36:16 PM »
Len Kasper says FYSKO:

Quote from: Len Kasper @LenKasper 1mIf you pay attention (many do!), you're seeing David Ross contribute a fair amount these days.

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION, SKO
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2015, 08:46:20 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 22, 2015, 08:36:16 PM
Len Kasper says FYSKO:

Quote from: Len Kasper @LenKasper 1mIf you pay attention (many do!), you're seeing David Ross contribute a fair amount these days.

It's obviously in his job description, but Len can be a pretty annoying apologist sometimes.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 22, 2015, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 22, 2015, 08:36:16 PM
Len Kasper says FYSKO:

It's obviously in his job description, but Len can be a pretty annoying apologist sometimes.

Last night's David Ross apologetics were even worse than last season's Edwin Jackson apologetics, which Len issued so halfheartedly you could tell he didn't believe them.

Job description and all, but I wonder if he's actually drinking the Kool-Aid.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!