News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Phil Emery Is God - The 2014 Bears  ( 21,317 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Phil Emery Is God - The 2014 Bears
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2014, 09:48:07 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 02, 2014, 03:34:45 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 06, 2014, 11:18:55 AM
Scouring the interwebs for the latest news on the guys on RV's list.

TJ Ward - Wants to return to Cleveland, he says. Doubt they'd let him go.
Jairus Byrd - Will be re-signed or tagged by the Bills per their GM in season-review press conference.
Michael Bennett - Definitely an option, since Martellus plays here and the two are close. Seattke is deep enough to let him walk.
Michael Johnson - Not sure who that is. I think he plays soccer and made some homophobic remarks that got him in trouble.
Greg Hardy - After talking "hometown discount" the self-styled "Kraken" now wants a "big number, nothing imaginary." Panthers might very well tag him.
Alex Mack - Although he's a UFA, he says he will give Cleveland right of first refusal when and if he hits the market. He also wants to stay in Cleveland. What's wrong with people?

EDIT: The Michael Johnson who plays for the Bengals?

Damn.

*smashes cubicle*
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2014, 09:49:30 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 03, 2014, 09:48:07 AM

Jairus Byrd - Will be re-signed or tagged by the Bills per their GM in season-review press conference.
Michael Bennett - Definitely an option, since Martellus plays here and the two are close. Seattke is deep enough to let him walk.
Michael Johnson - Not sure who that is. I think he plays soccer and made some homophobic remarks that got him in trouble.
Greg Hardy - After talking "hometown discount" the self-styled "Kraken" now wants a "big number, nothing imaginary." Panthers might very well tag him.
Alex Mack - Although he's a UFA, he says he will give Cleveland right of first refusal when and if he hits the market. He also wants to stay in Cleveland. What's wrong with people?

Damn.

*smashes cubicle*

Yea, but what if Michael wants 2 Super Bowe titles in a row? Will he resign then? I think not.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2014, 09:57:47 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 03, 2014, 09:49:30 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on February 03, 2014, 09:48:07 AM

Damn.

*smashes cubicle*

Yea, but what if Michael wants 2 Super Bowe titles in a row? Will he resign then? I think not.

I doubt if he'd resign. Unless he's about to be impeached.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »
AN ACTIVE GAY PLAYER OH NO HE'S GOING TO LOOK AT ME IN THE SHOWER!  PANIC!  PANIC!!!!

Anyway, would he help the Bears?  Reports seem mixed, that he might be a tweener, and maybe a fourth-round talent.  If he's good, and enough dumb teams pass on him, maybe Emery can pick up a late-round steal.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2014, 07:44:46 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 09, 2014, 08:03:09 PM
AN ACTIVE GAY PLAYER OH NO HE'S GOING TO LOOK AT ME IN THE SHOWER!  PANIC!  PANIC!!!!

Anyway, would he help the Bears?  Reports seem mixed, that he might be a tweener, and maybe a fourth-round talent.  If he's good, and enough dumb teams pass on him, maybe Emery can pick up a late-round steal.

He's got good quickness, and good LB size. He'll be a good depth player somewhere.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

I may be wrong, but I think he'll be drafted where his value is. It's not gonna drop or go up cause he likes to put weiner in his mouth. (at least it shouldn't)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2014, 11:05:29 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 10, 2014, 10:58:19 AM

I may be wrong, but I think he'll be drafted where his value is. It's not gonna drop or go up cause he likes to put weiner in his mouth. (at least it shouldn't)

There will be more than one team who will erase his name from their whiteboard. But some team will nab him in the fourth round because that's about where he'd go before he came out. Besides,based on his account of coming out to teammates and family members, it was merely him confirming what everyone had figured out already anyway.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »
Still, I feel like the anonymous comments of some front office types need to be highlighted.  There's some good ones, but this is my favorite:

Quote"I don't think football is ready for [an openly gay player] just yet," said an NFL player personnel assistant. "In the coming decade or two, it's going to be acceptable, but at this point in time it's still a man's-man game. To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace. It'd chemically imbalance an NFL locker room and meeting room."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-draft-stock/

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2014, 11:39:17 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 10, 2014, 11:38:18 AM
Still, I feel like the anonymous comments of some front office types need to be highlighted.  There's some good ones, but this is my favorite:

Quote"I don't think football is ready for [an openly gay player] just yet," said an NFL player personnel assistant. "In the coming decade or two, it's going to be acceptable, but at this point in time it's still a man's-man game. To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace. It'd chemically imbalance an NFL locker room and meeting room."

Chemically?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 10, 2014, 11:39:17 AM

Chemically?

With all the Gay-Cure Pills these guys are poppin'? You bet your ass.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:16 AM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-draft-stock/

"Why? Not that they're against gay people. It's more that some players are going to look at you upside down. Every Tom, Dick and Harry in the media is going to show up, from Good Housekeeping to the Today show. A general manager is going to ask, 'Why are we going to do that to ourselves?'

Good Housekeeping?
TIME TO POST!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 10, 2014, 11:56:16 AM

"Why? Not that they're against gay people. It's more that some players are going to look at you upside down. Every Tom, Dick and Harry in the media is going to show up, from Good Housekeeping to the Today show. A general manager is going to ask, 'Why are we going to do that to ourselves?'

Good Housekeeping?

Yeah, because Da Gays are going to redecoracte the locker room to make it fabolous

I really hope that there are 32 beat writers with enough guts out there to ask each GM if they are the one that made those quotes from the SI article.  I doubt that there are.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2014, 12:04:23 PM »

Good Housekeeping?

That's great too.  The NFL has managed to fucking cow every major SPORTZ news agency in the US and yet we're supposed to believe that Bill Belichek will be hiding in his office because he's afraid to answer questions from Good Housekeeping.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 10, 2014, 07:44:46 AM

He's got good quickness, and good LB size. He'll be a good depth player somewhere.

He'd probably be better than Shea McClellin.

Quote from: InternetApex on February 10, 2014, 11:48:09 AM
With all the Gay-Cure Pills these guys are poppin'? You bet your ass.

Better than the other kind of pills.

"Danny is definitely feeling something!"
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2014, 01:24:51 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on February 10, 2014, 12:01:15 PM

Good Housekeeping?

Yeah, because Da Gays are going to redecoracte the locker room to make it fabolous

I really hope that there are 32 beat writers with enough guts out there to ask each GM if they are the one that made those quotes from the SI article.  I doubt that there are.

Emery on the record.
TIME TO POST!