News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Fighter  ( 1,688 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Fighter
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:58:33 AM »
Really fucking awesome and great. Best boxing movie since Raging Bull. Go see it. Now.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Fighter
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:41:16 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 29, 2010, 09:58:33 AM
Really fucking awesome and great. Best boxing movie since Raging Bull. Go see it. Now.

Yes, he is a professional fighter, but the theme of this movie is a man trapped in some ugly relationships.  He has a lunatic, crack addict brother who is the first born and favorite son of the mother from hell.  He has six or seven sisters who sit on the sofa like pigeons on a telephone wire chirping their support of every selfish thing that their mother does.  So he gets a girlfriend who stands off against the rotten family, and who is suspiciously not unlike the rest of them.  Christian Bale does his absolute best acting as the has been brother who has no self awareness.   He will single handedly take on the entire Lowell Mass. police department, but runs and hides from his harridan mother.    I didn't know that Amy Adams could act.  She is very adept at expressing the nuances of the girlfriend.  This is a movie worth seeing.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 03, 2011, 09:41:16 AM

Yes, he is a professional fighter, but the theme of this movie is a man trapped in some ugly relationships.  He has a lunatic, crack addict brother who is the first born and favorite son of the mother from hell.  He has six or seven sisters who sit on the sofa like pigeons on a telephone wire chirping their support of every selfish thing that their mother does.  So he gets a girlfriend who stands off against the rotten family, and who is suspiciously not unlike the rest of them.  Christian Bale does his absolute best acting as the has been brother who has no self awareness.   He will single handedly take on the entire Lowell Mass. police department, but runs and hides from his harridan mother.    I didn't know that Amy Adams could act.  She is very adept at expressing the nuances of the girlfriend.  This is a movie worth seeing.

It's about how everyone in this dude's life is a fighter. Everybody is fighting something and he's the only one fortunate enough to channel that rage into something productiive. I guess that's how it is in Lowell.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:44:34 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 03, 2011, 12:01:17 PM

It's about how everyone in this dude's life is a fighter. Everybody is fighting something and he's the only one fortunate enough to channel that rage into something productiive. I guess that's how it is in Lowell.

I saw this as well and loved it. I agree with everything you guys said. I wouldn't hate seeing more Amy Adams in her underwear. That didn't suck.

Seriously though - Christian Bale is a goddamn genius.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 12:58:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 03, 2011, 12:44:34 PM

I saw this as well and loved it. I agree with everything you guys said. I wouldn't hate seeing more Amy Adams in her underwear. That didn't suck.

We get it, you liked "Enchanted".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 03, 2011, 12:44:34 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 03, 2011, 12:01:17 PM

Seriously though - Christian Bale is a goddamn genius.

Good call. She did it for me in that scene for reals.