News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Why I Like Mike: And other reasons to shave all hair off my body.  ( 7,534 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
QuoteSay one thing for Cubs manager Mike Quade: Whether you write something he likes or doesn't like and whether he makes a decision that works or doesn't, he doesn't shy away from the give-and-take sparring sessions with the media every day. All seemed fine this morning with Starlin Castro, who said he understood that his manager was trying to nip things in the bud, even if the method of delivery raised some eyebrows.

Quade was asked about Wednesday's criticism of Castro and second baseman Darwin Barney this morning.

"Was this just Starlin?" asked Q, referring to that now infamous fallen pop fly the other day. "Didn't it involve our second baseman? It's funny how it's gravitated in that direction. I'll bet these two have it worked out the next time it happens. And that's the important thing. And that's all that really matters. The premium that goes with defense at those two positions is the main thing. They'll work it out, and they'll get better. And they need to."

Castro said Quade was right in talking to him and Barney.

"I didn't see the ball," he said. "The ball went up, and I called it, but when the ball came back, I lost it."

The lesson?

"Don't say 'I got it,'" Castro said. "If you don't have it, don't say, 'I got it.' Say, 'I don't see it.'"

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/6029

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Why I Like Mike: And other reasons to shave all hair off my body.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 22, 2011, 02:14:19 PM
Quoteeven if the method of delivery raised some eyebrows.

My favorite part of that post.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 02:35:44 PM »
dammit
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »
Byrd got shitty with a common Chuck last night in Milwaukee.

Per Sully:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0727-brite-cubs-brewers-chicag20110727,0,5357596.story

QuoteByrd was stretching on the field with his teammates when the fan, a middle-aged man wearing a Cubs T-shirt, apparently said out loud that the team "sucks."

Byrd asked him to go change his shirt. When the fan said something back, Byrd told him he was "pathetic" and questioned whether he was really a Cubs fan in the first place. The two went back-and-forth for three or four minutes, with Byrd's voice rising and the fan seemingly enjoying the attention.

QuotePlayers, coaches and fans all watched it go on. A Miller Park security guard eventually came over to tell the fan to pipe down.

Players typically are asked not to respond to fan taunting. Quade eventually went over and said something to Byrd, before the two walked away into the outfield. Quade said he doesn't want his players arguing with fans.

"Let me do that," Quade said. "It happens."

After batting practice, Byrd went over to the stands and signed autographs for fans for about 15 minutes.

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 27, 2011, 10:45:27 AM

Per Sully:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0727-brite-cubs-brewers-chicag20110727,0,5357596.story

QuoteByrd was stretching on the field with his teammates when the fan, a middle-aged man wearing a Cubs T-shirt, apparently said out loud that the team "sucks."

Byrd asked him to go change his shirt. When the fan said something back, Byrd told him he was "pathetic" and questioned whether he was really a Cubs fan in the first place. The two went back-and-forth for three or four minutes, with Byrd's voice rising and the fan seemingly enjoying the attention.

QuotePlayers, coaches and fans all watched it go on. A Miller Park security guard eventually came over to tell the fan to pipe down.

Players typically are asked not to respond to fan taunting. Quade eventually went over and said something to Byrd, before the two walked away into the outfield. Quade said he doesn't want his players arguing with fans.

After batting practice, Byrd went over to the stands and signed autographs for fans for about 15 minutes.

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

Until there's an Argue with Mike Quade booth at Cubs Convention, I'm not so sure.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 27, 2011, 11:00:18 AM

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

Until there's an Argue with Mike Quade booth at Cubs Convention, I'm not so sure.

This is the best idea you've had in ages.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:51:34 AM »

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

I bet Monty Python could make a great routine out of that.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 11:51:34 AM

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

No they couldn't
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 12:06:30 PM

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 12:57:47 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 12:56:22 PM

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
No they couldn't.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 12:57:47 PM

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
No they couldn't.

I object to all this sex on the telly.

I mean, I keep fallin' off!
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 01:41:05 PM »

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
No they couldn't.

This isn't an argument.  You are just contradicting me.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 01:41:05 PM

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
No they couldn't.

No I'm not.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 01:59:32 PM

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
No they couldn't.

No I'm not.

There.  You just did it again!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 27, 2011, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: thehawk on July 27, 2011, 01:59:32 PM

Per Sully:

#fuckoffanddiemeatballs

No they couldn't

Yes they could.
No they couldn't.

No I'm not.

There.  You just did it again!

This is like watching Palin and Cleese struggle through the Dead Parrot sketch on SNL in 1997. It at least reminds me of something that's made me laugh in the past.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.