News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2016 World Fucking Series Collective Freakout Thread  ( 8,443 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2016 World Fucking Series Collective Freakout Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 11:13:51 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 25, 2016, 10:40:40 AM
Quote from: Bort on October 25, 2016, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: Oleg on October 25, 2016, 09:57:11 AM
So, this is really going to happen, huh?  What the hell, they might as well win it.

And heck, if they're gonna win it, why not sweep?

Bearing in mind my travel schedule, a win in game 4 or 5 is acceptable.  Winning in game 6 or 7 is not, especially as I'm going to be in the air between Newark and Toronto on Tuesday - I'm not secheduled to land until 2051 ET and then have to get through immigration and customs.  I might end up watching the last couple of innings in a bar at YYZ.  Yeesh.

Winning in three would also be good, but I'm given to understand that that's unlikely.  Is there a mercy rule in the World Series?

If you're going to be at Pearson, look for the Caplansky's that's there and try a smoked meat sandwich.
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 07:50:01 PM »
I'm not loving the game one strike zone.
M'lady.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 08:19:35 PM »
Larry Vanover needs to die in a fire.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 08:20:14 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 25, 2016, 07:50:01 PM
I'm not loving the game one strike zone.

On the bright side, my Indians hate is at full power.  What an annoying team.  Crush them.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 08:47:12 PM »
Who is that turd in the front row above the Cleveland dugout with the "Bartman for President" and "Cubs 84+03=Chokers" sign? I am sure he's a Browns fan.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »
Judging from the broadcast, Cleveland thinks they've already won the series.  That's fine.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2016, 11:35:55 PM »
Jake's got this and then they win the fuckin thing at home by god
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 25, 2016, 08:47:12 PM
Who is that turd in the front row above the Cleveland dugout with the "Bartman for President"

Rob Portman.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2016, 08:18:25 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 26, 2016, 08:13:33 AM
Quote from: Brownie on October 25, 2016, 08:47:12 PM
Who is that turd in the front row above the Cleveland dugout with the "Bartman for President"

Rob Portman.

Thanks.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2016, 08:23:39 AM »
If Jake's going to get get his way and have Montero catch him instead of WillyCon and doesn't pitch balls out, I'll be very displeased.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2016, 08:39:50 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on October 26, 2016, 08:23:39 AM
If Jake's going to get get his way and have Montero catch him instead of WillyCon and doesn't pitch balls out, I'll be very displeased.

Joe said he was leaning towards Contreras catching Jake because of the Indians running game. With Jake not caring about holding runners and Miggy's noodle arm any Indian that reached base other than Mike Napoli would just be awarded third to save everybody time.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2016, 09:46:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2016, 08:39:50 AM

Joe said he was leaning towards Contreras catching Jake because of the Indians running game. With Jake not caring about holding runners and Miggy's noodle arm any Indian that reached base other than Mike Napoli would just be awarded third to save everybody time.

This is encouraging - I wasn't aware Joe had made those comments. Huey beat me to the comment that he needs to start pitching like a guy who *deserves* a goddamn personal catcher.

No pressure, but tonight is the most important start of Jake's career. I have this totally irrational feeling that if he can recapture 2015 Jake tonight, he can recapture at least some of that magic over the next 3-4 years. If not, he's going to be what he was this year - a good/not great #2 starter - or perhaps regress into something closer to Orioles Jake. Like I said, totally irrational.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 26, 2016, 09:46:16 AM

This is encouraging - I wasn't aware Joe had made those comments. Huey beat me to the comment that he needs to start pitching like a guy who *deserves* a goddamn personal catcher.

No pressure, but tonight is the most important start of Jake's career. I have this totally irrational feeling that if he can recapture 2015 Jake tonight, he can recapture at least some of that magic over the next 3-4 years. If not, he's going to be what he was this year - a good/not great #2 starter - or perhaps regress into something closer to Orioles Jake. Like I said, totally irrational.

I'll take the magic of this April or May's Jake.  I think I'm just going to spend the rest of the day thinking that he pitches better in cool weather.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2016, 10:56:48 AM »

He's spent the last 3 months repeatedly talking about how he knows what's wrong and how to fix it and that he's still awesome. I'd like to see some evidence that his insane level of self-confidence is still warranted at this point. I know that last sentence is dumb, but I'm trying to reverse-psych him into a good start here.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2016, 11:07:40 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 26, 2016, 10:56:48 AM

He's spent the last 3 months repeatedly talking about how he knows what's wrong and how to fix it and that he's still awesome. I'd like to see some evidence that his insane level of self-confidence is still warranted at this point. I know that last sentence is dumb, but I'm trying to reverse-psych him into a good start here.

Here's hoping he reads this message board then.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.