News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bar-b-Q?  ( 59,753 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Bar-b-Q?
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »
Quote from: BananaHands on February 13, 2008, 08:54:38 AM
It's on Chicago avenue, just west of division.
Just west of ashland. I'm still drunk.
[/quote]

Did it move?  It was on Division for a lot of years.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 13, 2008, 03:19:03 PM

[/quote]

Dude, give him a break, he was still drunk.  The life of a rock star.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 13, 2008, 03:19:03 PM

[/quote]

Jesus H. Christ. I'm outta my head today.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2008, 08:38:14 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on January 24, 2008, 09:52:49 AM
Part 2 in a series on places to eat on Howard between Clark and Western...

It's: Bar-B-Que Bob's, in the small plaza at the SE corner of Howard and Hoyne.

http://www.barbquebobs.com/

Visible in full blurry detail here.

Decent enough place. Their ribs are pretty damned smoky.

And you can tell it's run by authentic black people because they often screen bootleg DVDs on a small TV above the front counter.

Biggest downside: they're closed Sundays and Mondays.

I can't even tell you how much potential business they've lost from me because they're always closed when I get a hankerin' for some Sunday football ribbage.

No... This I simply do not approve of.

Went there tonight. I positive. I also feel like an idiot for not knowing such fine BBQ was within a mile of my house.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2008, 09:55:44 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on March 06, 2008, 08:38:14 PM

And you can tell it's run by authentic black people because they often screen bootleg DVDs on a small TV above the front counter.

I can't even tell you how much potential business they've lost from me because they're always closed when I get a hankerin' for some Sunday football ribbage.

Went there tonight. I positive. I also feel like an idiot for not knowing such fine BBQ was within a mile of my house.

The fact that I've lived in the area longer than  you have and have not been there makes me feel like a bigger idiot.

BBQ Bob's will be in my belly before too long.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008, 09:58:17 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on March 07, 2008, 09:55:44 AM
Quote from: PTanner on March 06, 2008, 08:38:14 PM

The fact that I've lived in the area longer than  you have and have not been there makes me feel like a bigger idiot.

BBQ Bob's will be in my belly before too long.

Get it to go. Unless you want to sit in a folding chair at a plastic table.

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
If anybody ever finds themselves in no man's land out west on North Ave between Glen Ellyn and Glendale Heights, I recommend checking out Salt Creek BBQ (about 2 miles west of 355, on the north side of North Ave - huh?).  Fairly good eats there.  I like the pulled pork.  My girlfriend, being ignorant, gets the pulled chicken - but says it's good.  Next time I go I'm going to give the ribs a shot.  The service is very friendly, which goes a long way in my book.  My only problem is the portion size of the sides - a little small for a BBQ joint.  All in all, it's good for the price (about $6.50 for pulled pork sandwich and a side).

http://chicago.citysearch.com/profile/37825036/glendale_heights_il/salt_creek_barbeque.html

PTanner

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2008, 11:01:36 PM »

Another solid choice is the Whole Foods (I shit you not) on Cicero & Peterson. Their BBQ chicken, pulled pork & brisket are all top notch. They've even got a couple little tables if you want a sandwich.

These guys have a couple smokers, and I got to talk with them for about 20 minutes, they really know their wood and rubs, as well as other BBQ stuff that doesn't sound like beating off.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 05:32:57 PM »

Neither, incidentally, does Angry Kerm*...

Whad'ya mean "No ribs on da Sabbath"?!

*I tried, dammit. It's really damn hard to make Ribs Kid look authentically angry.

As long as we're playing catch-up...

http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20509

QuoteSave this restaurant: Bar-B-Que Bob's

Last night, BBQ Bob's provided dinner for our National Night Out event, and I learned that the restaurant is struggling to stay open. I know it's had some buzz here, but not its own dedicated thread, so I thought I'd start it.

I've eaten there several times, and quite like it: while the sauce is a bit sweet for my taste (get the "spicy,") the food arrives nicely smoky and moist, we've tried rib tips (good) chicken (good) turnip greens (good to excellent) fried chicken (pretty good) and fried chicken gizzards (not so good) and hot links (excellent, but, to be honest, the only one I've ever tried) I've heard a lot of positive buzz about their pies (which I have to admit, I haven't tried) They do deliver - and I think it's a much better option for far northside BBQ than, say, Hecky's, and certainly deserves more business.

It's located in a somewhat troubled strip mall on Howard street, which might be a bit daunting for a newbie - but there is parking, you can call in ahead, and I've never been hassled. I'd hate to lose a good, legitimate business in an area that has so many of the other kind - and I hope those who are a bit more knowledgeable about BBQ chime in here and talk about the food more than I'm able to.

Bar-B-Que Bob's
2055 W Howard St, Chicago 60645
Between N Seeley & N Hoyne Ave
Phone: 773-761-1260
Place Online Order

Forklift Approved.

I've come to enjoy their ribs semi-regularly myself.

I've been less impressed with their pulled pork.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2009, 08:04:58 AM »
So went to Wishbone last night for the $9.95 all you can eat BBQ buffet.  The pulled pork was amazing, and the BBQ chicken was pretty good.  They also had jambalaya & crawfish etoufee on the buffet, and they were both excellent.  THere were about 8 different sides that you could choose from too.  Macaroni & cheese and mashed sweet potatoes were my two favorites.  Plus, there was live music there and it wasn't crowded at all. 

Huey, if you ride your bike there and wear a PANK helmet you get 15% off your bill. 
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2009, 08:27:40 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on April 17, 2009, 08:04:58 AM
So went to Wishbone last night for the $9.95 all you can eat BBQ buffet.  The pulled pork was amazing, and the BBQ chicken was pretty good.  They also had jambalaya & crawfish etoufee on the buffet, and they were both excellent.  THere were about 8 different sides that you could choose from too.  Macaroni & cheese and mashed sweet potatoes were my two favorites.  Plus, there was live music there and it wasn't crowded at all. 

Huey, if you ride your bike there and wear a PANK helmet you get 15% off your bill. 

They got Hoe cakes!

Because Hoes gotta eat too!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2009, 09:19:06 AM »

I've long enjoyed Wishbone as a breakfast destination.  I'd say it's more southern/creole cooking than flat-out barbecue, though.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 17, 2009, 09:19:06 AM

I've long enjoyed Wishbone as a breakfast destination.  I'd say it's more southern/creole cooking than flat-out barbecue, though.

I didn't see a southern/creole thread, and I ate a shitton of BBQ things there.  Suck on that.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »

How many pulled pork jokes did you make?  Ten?
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2009, 10:13:45 AM »

Which wishbone did you go to?