News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: This. Fucking. Bullpen.  ( 48,394 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: This. Fucking. Bullpen.
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2016, 10:23:40 AM »
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2016, 10:00:23 AM
Is Joe Nathan still a thing?

looking pretty good in AA so far.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2016, 07:33:40 PM »
In search of bright spots, Carl Edwards Jr. is looking good.

Joe trusting him with the 8th inning in a one-run ballgame was either out of confidence or desperation, but fuck it, it worked.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2016, 09:00:29 PM »
Great decision by Joe to go with choking Hector in the non-save situation, because he's been so good in those this year.  Oh, wait...

But whatever, this loss is on Montero being less than useless and Heyward's terrible baserunning.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2016, 09:20:26 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 19, 2016, 09:00:29 PM
Great decision by Joe to go with choking Hector in the non-save situation, because he's been so good in those this year.  Oh, wait...

But whatever, this loss is on Montero being less than useless and Heyward's terrible baserunning.

Coming into tonight he had a 1.54 ERA and a 0.686 WHIP in non save situations. Go back to your cave
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2016, 09:26:54 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2016, 09:20:26 PM

Coming into tonight he had a 1.54 ERA and a 0.686 WHIP in non save situations. Go back to your cave

Oh, wait...

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2016, 09:35:14 PM »

Okay - to be more precise, in non-save situations with the game tied or one-run saves.  He's been good in non-save situations in blowouts/mop up duty and with a multi-run lead, but he's rank dogshit when you need nails...he's 6/10 in one-run save situations and has blown 2/3 situations where he's pitched with the game tied.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:21 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 19, 2016, 09:35:14 PM

Okay - to be more precise, in non-save situations with the game tied or one-run saves.  He's been good in non-save situations in blowouts/mop up duty and with a multi-run lead, but he's rank dogshit when you need nails...he's 6/10 in one-run save situations and has blown 2/3 situations where he's pitched with the game tied.

So wait....you mean he gives up runs some times? The fucking nerve
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2016, 09:54:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2016, 09:51:21 PM

Disproportionately at all the wrong times...

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2016, 09:57:47 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 19, 2016, 09:54:40 PM

He is a closer. He pitches almost exclusively in high leverage situations which means it will always hurt when he gives up runs. He's really fucking good and has an ERA below 2.00 and an otherwordly K:BB ratio. He got beat by a stupid ass bloop single. It's infantile to bitch about Hector Rondon.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2016, 08:28:51 AM »

I feel the same way about your posts.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2016, 09:22:10 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 20, 2016, 08:28:51 AM

I think his posts were exactly what I needed this morning.

I've had kind of a weird week...not sleeping much, feeling just a bit off-balance, work has been up and down, the dog puked in the back seat yesterday, Facebook and Twitter has been a shitshow thanks to the RNC and everyone getting their knickers in a bunch because Mrs Drumpf decided to plagiarize Mrs Obummer (I mean it's amusing and shit but still...) instead of at the bullshit that's being spewed by the actual policy makers and influencers in Cleveland, and it's been too fucking muggy out.

Then, Cy Jake appeared last night and all was right with the world for a couple of hours.  Then, the frustration of the ninth inning happened and all the positive vibrations that accumulated from 6-8:20 or so were wiped away.

I'm in a crabby mood this morning and am finding it best to wait a few minutes before replying to any emails that further my frustration.  I didn't even want to come in here cause it was simply a frustrating game and, dammit, I want to SKOscream at my monitor and no amount of reason can stop me.

The remedy?  The delightful ignorance and arrogance of CFiHP.  So, for once, thank you for putting me back on a path of rational thought and level-headedness.  You are truly a vaccine for overreaction and blowing things out of proportion.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:15 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 20, 2016, 09:22:10 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on July 20, 2016, 08:28:51 AM

I think his posts were exactly what I needed this morning.

I've had kind of a weird week...not sleeping much, feeling just a bit off-balance, work has been up and down, the dog puked in the back seat yesterday, Facebook and Twitter has been a shitshow thanks to the RNC and everyone getting their knickers in a bunch because Mrs Drumpf decided to plagiarize Mrs Obummer (I mean it's amusing and shit but still...) instead of at the bullshit that's being spewed by the actual policy makers and influencers in Cleveland, and it's been too fucking muggy out.

Then, Cy Jake appeared last night and all was right with the world for a couple of hours.  Then, the frustration of the ninth inning happened and all the positive vibrations that accumulated from 6-8:20 or so were wiped away.

I'm in a crabby mood this morning and am finding it best to wait a few minutes before replying to any emails that further my frustration.  I didn't even want to come in here cause it was simply a frustrating game and, dammit, I want to SKOscream at my monitor and no amount of reason can stop me.

The remedy?  The delightful ignorance and arrogance of CFiHP.  So, for once, thank you for putting me back on a path of rational thought and level-headedness.  You are truly a vaccine for overreaction and blowing things out of proportion.

No shit, whenever he posts I think "my god, is that what I sound like when I'm all pissed off?" and the shame forces me to confront things rationally and also to tell him to go fuck himself.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2016, 09:30:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 20, 2016, 09:27:15 AMNo shit, whenever he posts I think "my god, is that what I sound like when I'm all pissed off?"

Yes

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2016, 09:35:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 20, 2016, 09:30:16 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 20, 2016, 09:27:15 AMNo shit, whenever he posts I think "my god, is that what I sound like when I'm all pissed off?"

Yes

NOW CONFRONT YOURSELF
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2016, 09:38:19 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 20, 2016, 09:35:08 AM
Quote from: R-V on July 20, 2016, 09:30:16 AM

Yes

NOW CONFRONT YOURSELF

At least I'm usually bitching about someone who is actually struggling, like Heyward, and not Hector Rondon. Or calling Jon Lester an overpaid dickhole like some people I know.