News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 6: Seattke comes back to town  ( 5,650 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 6: Seattke comes back to town
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 09:59:33 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on October 18, 2010, 09:46:44 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 18, 2010, 10:01:16 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 18, 2010, 09:58:04 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 18, 2010, 09:52:26 AM
I am going into full retard speculation mode based on this.

Is it possible that Lovie took the reins of the offense somewhat last week, or had some sort of veto power over the offense? Then this week, Martz was given free rein again and went hog wild calling 7 step drops and deep routes the whole game.

Alternately, the offensive line just sucks balls and the receivers run the wrong routes or can't get open and Cutler's mind grapes are turning to mush and I'm a dipshit and none of this matters.

I think we've simply overrated Martz's willingness to adjust based on what happened in Dallas. I think he went in against the Panthers with an intention to run and he stuck with it. I think he went into the game against the Seahawks intending to throw all over a shoddy secondary and just refused to adjust. I don't think Lovie has any control over it yet, at least. I just don't get this at all. Even in Martz's worst years in St. Louis he was never this over-reliant on the pass. He's out to prove some point that nobody can understand.

And the whole thing about not using audibles. Are there any other OCs who don't allow their QB to audible?

Well, head coach, technically.

That movie certainly didn't rip off Friday Night Lights (the book for any of you Yetis who will point out that it came out before the movie) at ALL.

Also, I can't wait till Yeti's son tells him that playing at Podunk High may have been the highlight of his life but he don't want that life!.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 07:06:11 AM »
Remember last winter when no qualified coaches would touch the Bears' vacant coordinator positions with a ten-foot pole? And they ended up with Marinelli and Martz and said those were their guys all along but they just needed to do their homework and interview everybody out there first? That was awesome.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 08:26:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 18, 2010, 09:59:33 PM

Is it possible that Lovie took the reins of the offense somewhat last week, or had some sort of veto power over the offense? Then this week, Martz was given free rein again and went hog wild calling 7 step drops and deep routes the whole game.

Alternately, the offensive line just sucks balls and the receivers run the wrong routes or can't get open and Cutler's mind grapes are turning to mush and I'm a dipshit and none of this matters.

I think we've simply overrated Martz's willingness to adjust based on what happened in Dallas. I think he went in against the Panthers with an intention to run and he stuck with it. I think he went into the game against the Seahawks intending to throw all over a shoddy secondary and just refused to adjust. I don't think Lovie has any control over it yet, at least. I just don't get this at all. Even in Martz's worst years in St. Louis he was never this over-reliant on the pass. He's out to prove some point that nobody can understand.

And the whole thing about not using audibles. Are there any other OCs who don't allow their QB to audible?

That movie certainly didn't rip off Friday Night Lights (the book for any of you Yetis who will point out that it came out before the movie) at ALL.

Also, I can't wait till Yeti's son tells him that playing at Podunk High may have been the highlight of his life but he don't want that life!.

Watch yo mouf son. Yetis fully embrace the book. It's actually on my desk right now as I'm reading it for maybe the 4th or 5th time. One of my goals in life is to get out to Odessa some day and catch a game at Ratliff Stadium. Sure, the Panthers aren't as badass (hell, last time I looked, they weren't even the best team in town) as they used to be, but it's all about the EXPERIENCE. And my son will want my life. That is, until I get drunk after a shitty loss, yell at him, "CAN YOU! TOUCH! THIS!" and then throw my (fake) chammenship ring out the winda.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 08:27:36 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 19, 2010, 08:26:35 AM

Watch yo mouf son. Yetis fully embrace the book. It's actually on my desk right now as I'm reading it for maybe the 4th or 5th time. One of my goals in life is to get out to Odessa some day and catch a game at Ratliff Stadium. Sure, the Panthers aren't as badass (hell, last time I looked, they weren't even the best team in town) as they used to be, but it's all about the EXPERIENCE. And my son will want my life. That is, until I get drunk after a shitty loss, yell at him, "CAN YOU! TOUCH! THIS!" and then throw my (fake) chammenship ring out the winda.

Haha. I was just kidding. Don't procreate.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

I still want to know how they found a hemlet to fit over VanDerBeek's Dubbsian melon.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 08:36:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2010, 08:27:36 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 19, 2010, 08:26:35 AM

Haha. I was just kidding. Don't procreate.

Procreate? Pshaw. I'm going to clone myself.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 09:43:03 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 19, 2010, 08:32:15 AM

I still want to know how they found a hemlet to fit over VanDerBeek's Dubbsian melon.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.