News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 6: Seattke comes back to town  ( 5,652 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Week 6: Seattke comes back to town
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 17, 2010, 03:10:04 PM
Intrepid Reader: BC

It would've been a lot better for the Bears if they had gotten the refs hadn't screwed them out of possession off that onside kick.

Even more BC'ed.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 06:48:22 PM »
I believe they could have all five members of that offensive line executed, sign five turds off the street and lose nothing in production. I also think they could cut each of them tomorrow and only Chris Williams would find a home on somebody's depth chart. I have so much hate right now.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 17, 2010, 06:48:22 PM
I have so much hate right now.

Good...good...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 08:03:22 PM »
Whatever, dudes.  Tim Tebow scored a touchdown.  Today was glorious.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 09:52:26 AM »
I am going into full retard speculation mode based on this.

Is it possible that Lovie took the reins of the offense somewhat last week, or had some sort of veto power over the offense? Then this week, Martz was given free rein again and went hog wild calling 7 step drops and deep routes the whole game.

Alternately, the offensive line just sucks balls and the receivers run the wrong routes or can't get open and Cutler's mind grapes are turning to mush and I'm a dipshit and none of this matters.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 09:58:04 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 18, 2010, 09:52:26 AM

Is it possible that Lovie took the reins of the offense somewhat last week, or had some sort of veto power over the offense? Then this week, Martz was given free rein again and went hog wild calling 7 step drops and deep routes the whole game.

Alternately, the offensive line just sucks balls and the receivers run the wrong routes or can't get open and Cutler's mind grapes are turning to mush and I'm a dipshit and none of this matters.

I think we've simply overrated Martz's willingness to adjust based on what happened in Dallas. I think he went in against the Panthers with an intention to run and he stuck with it. I think he went into the game against the Seahawks intending to throw all over a shoddy secondary and just refused to adjust. I don't think Lovie has any control over it yet, at least. I just don't get this at all. Even in Martz's worst years in St. Louis he was never this over-reliant on the pass. He's out to prove some point that nobody can understand.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 10:01:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 18, 2010, 09:58:04 AM

I think we've simply overrated Martz's willingness to adjust based on what happened in Dallas. I think he went in against the Panthers with an intention to run and he stuck with it. I think he went into the game against the Seahawks intending to throw all over a shoddy secondary and just refused to adjust. I don't think Lovie has any control over it yet, at least. I just don't get this at all. Even in Martz's worst years in St. Louis he was never this over-reliant on the pass. He's out to prove some point that nobody can understand.

And the whole thing about not using audibles. Are there any other OCs who don't allow their QB to audible?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 10:01:59 AM »

Alternately, this team's repeated faiilure to run effectively against 3 and 4 man fronts is incredible.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 10:02:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 18, 2010, 10:01:16 AM

And the whole thing about not using audibles. Are there any other OCs who don't allow their QB to audible?

Don't call it that.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 10:13:36 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 18, 2010, 10:02:08 AM

Don't call it that.

My boss just asked why I burst into laughter, you fucker.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 11:18:56 AM »
Quote from: JD on October 17, 2010, 08:03:22 PM

I can't wait for Peter King's barrells of splooge that go to Tebow once Favre becomes a registered sex offender.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »
Quote from: BBM on October 18, 2010, 11:18:56 AM
Quote from: JD on October 17, 2010, 08:03:22 PM

I can't wait for Peter King's barrells of splooge that go to Tebow once Favre becomes a registered sex offender.

I think he meant Jesus scored a touchdown vicariously through Tim Tebow.  :points upward:
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
Bru.tal.

QuoteIn the last six quarters with Cutler under center (dating to the first half at the Giants), Martz has called 67 pass plays and 19 runs. The Bears have gone 0-for-19 on third down and taken 15 sacks

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:16 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 18, 2010, 01:14:36 PM
Bru.tal.

QuoteIn the last six quarters with Cutler under center (dating to the first half at the Giants), Martz has called 67 pass plays and 19 runs. The Bears have gone 0-for-19 on third down and taken 15 sacks

The failure on third down is utterly mind boggling.  One would think that you would need to really go out of your way just to do that on purpose.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »

Well, head coach, technically.