News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015: The Back To The Future Season  ( 113,069 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015: The Back To The Future Season
« Reply #465 on: June 02, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »
Saw on MLB Network this morning that the Cubs were 19-0 when leading after 7 innings. 

With the shaky bullpen, I was pretty surprised to see that. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #466 on: June 02, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 02, 2015, 12:02:30 PM
Saw on MLB Network this morning that the Cubs were 19-0 when leading after 7 innings. 

With the shaky bullpen, I was pretty surprised to see that. 

That must be specific to "if they have a lead going into the 8th inning" not "any time after 7 innings", because Rondon blew that save in the 10th vs. the D-Backs.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »
We're in June so I'll dip my toe in the water and call tonight--and the next 3 games--an important stretch, as far as 2015 success is concerned.

--Lester the Ace needs to do whatever he can to close out the series on these turdbags and get the hell out of that godforsaken state alive and let the Blackhawks toy with it.

--Arrieta, same on Friday, but in Washington, to kick-off what promises to be a tough 4-game test against the Fighting Harpers.

--Wada going Friday scares the fuck out of me, if only because A) Nationals and B) he's been really pretty good--a definite improvement over Wood (so I don't know if he's been *really* good or just an improvement over that low bar and I'm deluding myself with positive.  Still, it could be ugly, especially if Arrieta takes G1), and he's simply due to get his ears pinned back.

If the Cubs can go 2-1 after the next 3, then roll Hambone on Saturday...He's been so good lately you wonder when the other shoe will drop...or maybe he's on the "Mike Bielecki, 'No, Yeah, I'm Going To Suddenly Be Really Good All Year' Tour and we start banking on him.  

Anyway, ya gotta figure they're not taking 3 from Washington this weekend, but after taking the Florida series 2 of 3 (come one Lester), splitting 4 from the Nats would be acceptable and would at least set up a crack at a .500 road trip which, Florida aside (Lesteeer) will prove to have been a pretty daunting, early-summer road trip (Nats and Tigers for 6 of the 9).

Not that if they shit the tub and go 1-6 the rest of this trip they're done, of course, but nobody would prefer to see them try to dig out of that hole.  And I also realize baseball can be pretty fucked up and Lester and Arrieta and Hamel can all suck in the coming days, but then somehow the Cubs still go 4-3 but again--that'd be a lot of stress to pull off that trick I imagine, and seeing SKO publicly melt down in real time on Twitter...nobody wishes to see that.  #34 tonight. Let's Go Cubs.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2015, 09:30:51 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 03, 2015, 09:25:34 AM
We're in June so I'll dip my toe in the water and call tonight--and the next 3 games--an important stretch, as far as 2015 success is concerned.

--Lester the Ace needs to do whatever he can to close out the series on these turdbags and get the hell out of that godforsaken state alive and let the Blackhawks toy with it.

--Arrieta, same on Friday, but in Washington, to kick-off what promises to be a tough 4-game test against the Fighting Harpers.

--Wada going Friday scares the fuck out of me, if only because A) Nationals and B) he's been really pretty good--a definite improvement over Wood (so I don't know if he's been *really* good or just an improvement over that low bar and I'm deluding myself with positive.  Still, it could be ugly, especially if Arrieta takes G1), and he's simply due to get his ears pinned back.

If the Cubs can go 2-1 after the next 3, then roll Hambone on Saturday...He's been so good lately you wonder when the other shoe will drop...or maybe he's on the "Mike Bielecki, 'No, Yeah, I'm Going To Suddenly Be Really Good All Year' Tour and we start banking on him.  

Anyway, ya gotta figure they're not taking 3 from Washington this weekend, but after taking the Florida series 2 of 3 (come one Lester), splitting 4 from the Nats would be acceptable and would at least set up a crack at a .500 road trip which, Florida aside (Lesteeer) will prove to have been a pretty daunting, early-summer road trip (Nats and Tigers for 6 of the 9).

Not that if they shit the tub and go 1-6 the rest of this trip they're done, of course, but nobody would prefer to see them try to dig out of that hole.  And I also realize baseball can be pretty fucked up and Lester and Arrieta and Hamel can all suck in the coming days, but then somehow the Cubs still go 4-3 but again--that'd be a lot of stress to pull off that trick I imagine, and seeing SKO publicly melt down in real time on Twitter...nobody wishes to see that.  #34 tonight. Let's Go Cubs.

I'm gonna say just don't get swept in Washington, end the week above .500, and we're cool. Then Javy can come up and save us all. I'm not really freaking out at this point. I want Jorge to be okay and I want them to stay close enough in the wildcard that Theo can make some moves this month. It'll be fine, chief.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2015, 09:33:20 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 03, 2015, 09:30:51 AM

I'm gonna say just don't get swept in Washington, end the week above .500, and we're cool. Then Javy can come up and save us all. I'm not really freaking out at this point. I want Jorge to be okay and I want them to stay close enough in the wildcard that Theo can make some moves this month. It'll be fine, chief.

Glad to read these comments. I was starting to worry that you were on the path to permanently diluting your strong social media brand if you keep up with the nightly stress tweeting.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2015, 09:34:54 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 03, 2015, 09:33:20 AM

Glad to read these comments. I was starting to worry that you were on the path to permanently diluting your strong social media brand if you keep up with the nightly stress tweeting.

Moi?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: June 03, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 03, 2015, 09:34:54 AM

Moi?

I think he was talking about me, what with the replying directly to me and all, and me being a chicken licken twat or whatever the last month.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: June 03, 2015, 09:38:06 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 03, 2015, 09:35:41 AM

Moi?

I think he was talking about me, what with the replying directly to me and all, and me being a chicken licken twat or whatever the last month.

I honestly think what fuels the sensibility of this godforsaken community is all of the unadulterated sniping at one another.  At the end of the day I'm pretty sure we hold all others in equal measure.

Except Paul.  He transcends.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: June 03, 2015, 09:49:13 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 03, 2015, 09:38:06 AM

Moi?

I honestly think what fuels the sensibility of this godforsaken community is all of the unadulterated sniping at one another.  At the end of the day I'm pretty sure we hold all others in equal measure.

Yeah, I was talking about SKO, you tater-brained twat.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: June 03, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 03, 2015, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 03, 2015, 09:38:06 AM

Moi?

Yeah, I was talking about SKO, you tater-brained twat.

That's the stuff.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: June 03, 2015, 11:22:43 PM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: June 04, 2015, 02:49:14 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 03, 2015, 11:22:43 PM
ORLY, Jose?

Anyone have any idea what the hell Jesse Rogers is talking about?

QuoteThe Cubs (now 27-24) deny their ascension in the standings had anything to do with the incident -- saying it was simply a one-time thing -- although shortstop Starlin Castro also slow-jogged around the bases after a home run in Monday's game.

Do the Cubs really need to deny that Junior Lake's and Starlin Castro's two bat flips have won 27 games?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: June 04, 2015, 06:42:36 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 04, 2015, 02:49:14 AM
ORLY, Jose?

QuoteThe Cubs (now 27-24) deny their ascension in the standings had anything to do with the incident -- saying it was simply a one-time thing -- although shortstop Starlin Castro also slow-jogged around the bases after a home run in Monday's game.

Do the Cubs really need to deny that Junior Lake's and Starlin Castro's two bat flips have won 27 games?

I think he's saying that the Cubs deny that them being good has also made them cocky.

I should also clarify that I think Junior gesturing toward the dugout was a little over the top but I found it interesting that it was Jose Fernandez who took the most offense to it given that he was taken down by the fun police

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: June 04, 2015, 10:55:31 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 04, 2015, 06:42:36 AM
ORLY, Jose?

I think he's saying that the Cubs deny that them being good has also made them cocky.

I should also clarify that I think Junior gesturing toward the dugout was a little over the top but I found it interesting that it was Jose Fernandez who took the most offense to it given that he was taken down by the fun police

Junior Lake needs an interpreter, huh?  I had no idea he wasn't from an English-speaking country.  The more you know...

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: June 04, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 04, 2015, 10:55:31 AM
Quote from: Yeti on June 04, 2015, 06:42:36 AM
ORLY, Jose?

Junior Lake needs an interpreter, huh?  I had no idea he wasn't from an English-speaking country.  The more you know...

He's from Cleveland, but Montero is fluent in jive. The more you know...
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.