News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, CHC all pisspoor in 2009.  ( 104,574 )

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, STL all pisspoor in 2009.
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2009, 12:51:28 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 23, 2009, 12:35:13 PM

The Cubs have played like runny buffalo shit all season, yet have lost less games than anyone else in the NL Central.

Their core players, with the exception of Derrek Lee, have not played up to their normal level.

Everyone chill the fuck out, they got this.

Thank goodness we're only a week away from Bears Training Camp.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »
Pops Duncan: "There is a conspiracy here, and I will seek it out!"

And Tony LaRussa? Well, he just wants to throw up...

From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

"Dave Duncan learned of the possible trade from La Russa first late Tuesday night, and he was pointed in his feeling about the end of his son's time as a Cardinal.

"The way I look at it is he was traded for a player who had very little (leverage) ... he was designated for assignment," Duncan said. "It's highly unusual for a major-league roster player to be traded for somebody like that. So somebody wanted to get him out of the organization, and they've accomplished what they wanted to accomplish.

"Either that or we don't have anybody in the minor leagues that they wanted for (Lugo). One or the other."

The Cardinals pitching coach echoed the statements made Tuesday afternoon by La Russa in a stern and biting defense of the struggling left fielder. La Russa said Duncan was subjected to "unfair treatment" by the fans and undue criticism from the media. La Russa said the way Duncan had been treated, especially during his recent slide, made him want "to vomit."
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2009, 01:41:19 PM »
Quote from: BC on July 23, 2009, 01:02:11 PM

"Dave Duncan learned of the possible trade from La Russa first late Tuesday night, and he was pointed in his feeling about the end of his son's time as a Cardinal.

"The way I look at it is he was traded for a player who had very little (leverage) ... he was designated for assignment," Duncan said. "It's highly unusual for a major-league roster player to be traded for somebody like that. So somebody wanted to get him out of the organization, and they've accomplished what they wanted to accomplish.

"Either that or we don't have anybody in the minor leagues that they wanted for (Lugo). One or the other."

The Cardinals pitching coach echoed the statements made Tuesday afternoon by La Russa in a stern and biting defense of the struggling left fielder. La Russa said Duncan was subjected to "unfair treatment" by the fans and undue criticism from the media. La Russa said the way Duncan had been treated, especially during his recent slide, made him want "to vomit."

That Tony doesn't feel well makes me smile. I hope he gets a kidney stone next.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2009, 01:41:19 PM

As long as it doesn't kill him, right?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »

Sounds like the last year in Cow Town for both guys.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2009, 02:24:58 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 23, 2009, 01:52:57 PM

As long as it doesn't kill him, right?

Not yet.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
I don't remember them being this outspoken after any other trade.   I wonder why they are so upset?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2009, 03:46:37 PM »
Now they're rumored to be offering their top position prospect (Wallace) in a package to the A's for Matt Holladay. 
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on July 23, 2009, 03:46:37 PM
Now they're rumored to be offering their top position prospect (Wallace) in a package to the A's for Matt Holladay. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Matt-Holliday-back-to-causing-giddiness-around-l?urn=mlb,178372

Some more info on the resurgence of Holliday here. This would be bad. For those not willing to click the link (I don't blame you), Buster Olney's source puts the chances of a deal happening at 50/50.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2009, 03:59:11 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 23, 2009, 03:50:38 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Matt-Holliday-back-to-causing-giddiness-around-l?urn=mlb,178372

Some more info on the resurgence of Holliday here. This would be bad. For those not willing to click the link (I don't blame you), Buster Olney's source puts the chances of a deal happening at 50/50.
Intrepid Reader: Lt. Frank Drebin
But there's only a 75% chance of that.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2009, 04:00:49 PM »

LaRussa later recanted and said it was "the five bottles of Thunderbird I drank at Mike Shannon's" that made him sick.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2009, 05:26:36 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 23, 2009, 03:59:11 PM

Or more. BaseballStone says, for whatever reason, that this deal is more than likely.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: July 23, 2009, 05:28:20 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 23, 2009, 05:26:36 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 23, 2009, 03:59:11 PM

Or more. BaseballStone says, for spiteful, vindictive whatever reasons, that this deal is more than likely.

Nice choice, Hendry'd.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2009, 10:41:38 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2009, 12:30:08 PM
Quote from: Andy on July 23, 2009, 10:41:45 AM
Standings since July 1

HOU  13-6      --
CHC  12-7     1
STL  10-8     2.5
CIN  7-12     6
PIT  6-12     6.5
MIL  6-12     6.5

If the Cubs don't win this thing, we should burn down the historical landmark with Hendry in it.

Wait, where would they play in Aug. and Sept. if they don't win THI thing and we burn the sumbitch? If you say the Cell or Miller Park I'm cancelling my subscription.

Thillens Stadium. Or Alexian Field. They'd finally make Dallas Green's wishes come true and play in Schaumburg.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »
QuoteAccording to ESPN.com's Tim Kurkijan, the Cardinals are close to acquiring outfielder Matt Holliday from the A's.
Kurkijan, echoed by fellow ESPN.com writer Buster Olney, claims the Cardinals will give up top prospect Brett Wallace plus right-hander Clayton Mortensen and outfielder Shane Peterson. It seems like a very high price to pay for Holliday, an impending free agent who is owed around $6 million for the rest of this season. But, hey, Oakland GM Billy Beane has swindled the Cardinals before and is plenty capable of doing it again.

I'd say this trade would make them unstoppable, but they already got DeRosa.  Hopefully he'll leave after this year and sign with Arizona to be with the Tards' other mistake.