News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, CHC all pisspoor in 2009.  ( 104,578 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, STL all pisspoor in 2009.
« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2009, 10:11:56 PM »
Quote from: Andy on July 24, 2009, 09:24:38 PM
He's 5'6 when he bats lefty, but 6'2 when he hits righty.

That third inning was a thing of beauty.  First batter, hits a flyball to the track that Soriano should have caught, instead he gets Julio Zuleta'd in the ivy and two balls fall out.  A couple batters later he can't come in an fly ball and it drops for a hit.  With one out and runners at the corners, Alex Gonzalez hits one right back to Wells who turns to start an easy double play, but neither of the midgets covers home.  He nearly throws the ball into the stands going home, but Koyie saves him and after two too many throws they get one out.  Then Wells grooves one to Harang for a three run homer, and then just to put the cherry on the sudae, Fontenot boots an easy grounder.

Awesome.

Thankfully, E-ramis decided to almost hit for the cycle and saved their bacon.  This is a helluva way to win a pennant.

Shit. Way to take the jam out of the doughnut, boss.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2009, 12:55:43 AM »
Thankfully, E-ramis decided to almost hit for the cycle and saved their bacon.

Time for that surgery yet, Chuck?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Lukester

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2009, 01:25:40 AM »

Maybe 6'2 when he played the infield in 08'.     But since then, they've resurfaced the field.   

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2009, 07:23:35 AM »

That third inning was a thing of beauty.  First batter, hits a flyball to the track that Soriano should have caught, instead he gets Julio Zuleta'd in the ivy and two balls fall out.  A couple batters later he can't come in an fly ball and it drops for a hit.  With one out and runners at the corners, Alex Gonzalez hits one right back to Wells who turns to start an easy double play, but neither of the midgets covers home.  He nearly throws the ball into the stands going home, but Koyie saves him and after two too many throws they get one out.  Then Wells grooves one to Harang for a three run homer, and then just to put the cherry on the sudae, Fontenot boots an easy grounder.

Awesome.

Thankfully, E-ramis decided to almost hit for the cycle and saved their bacon.  This is a helluva way to win a pennant.

It's not the best way to win a pennant, but it's the right way to win a pennant.

BichetteHappens

• Ne!f! Perez, Cooperstown Bound.
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: July 25, 2009, 09:05:48 AM »
I just love how suddenly Holliday is Jesus H. Christ with the bat, and is not only going to lead STL to a World Series victory, but also cure cancer, fix the slumping economy, and rid St. Louis of it's toothlessness.

I ain't panicking.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »
Quote from: BichetteHappens on July 25, 2009, 09:05:48 AM
I just love how suddenly Holliday is Jesus H. Christ with the bat, and is not only going to lead STL to a World Series victory, but also cure cancer, fix the slumping economy, and rid St. Louis of it's toothlessness.

I ain't panicking.

I'm with you.  Outside of Colorado, Holliday is basically the left field version of Troy Glaus.  He's good.  He's an upgrade.  But he's no Mark DeRosa.
Hire Jim Essian!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: July 25, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 25, 2009, 12:58:40 PM

I ain't panicking.

I'm with you.  Outside of Colorado, Holliday is basically the left field version of Troy Glaus.  He's good.  He's an upgrade.  But he's no Mark DeRosa.

I thought they were going to put Glaus in left field, thus making him a  left-field version of Troy Glaus?  I heard that Glaus' arm won't allow him to make the toss across from third, and they were basically considering putting him in left and attaching a permanent cutoff man to him.

Which would be epically hilarious.

So if that is, in fact the case, then wouldn't the Holliday acquisition remove the possibility of that gimpy-armed bastard coming back in any capacity?  I've got questions, who's got answers?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: July 25, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 25, 2009, 01:07:05 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 25, 2009, 12:58:40 PM

I ain't panicking.

I thought they were going to put Glaus in left field, thus making him a  left-field version of Troy Glaus?  I heard that Glaus' arm won't allow him to make the toss across from third, and they were basically considering putting him in left and attaching a permanent cutoff man to him.

Which would be epically hilarious.

So if that is, in fact the case, then wouldn't the Holliday acquisition remove the possibility of that gimpy-armed bastard coming back in any capacity?  I've got questions, who's got answers?

The only option would be if Glaus, somehow, is able to play 3B again, they would pretty much have to put DeRosa back at 2B and move Schumaker over to SS, or just give DeRosa have the same role he had here.  Other than that, there only options would be to trade him (I've heard this is most likely), or have him sit on the bench and pinch-hit. 

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »
Did anyone enjoy watching Motte go all Turdthrow today as much as I did?  I haven't seen a meatball as bad as the one Motte threw to Rollins since Chad Fox was on the mound.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 25, 2009, 09:19:29 PM
Did anyone enjoy watching Motte go all Turdthrow today as much as I did?  I haven't seen a meatball as bad as the one Motte threw to Rollins since Chad Fox was on the mound 2001.

Chad Fox'd.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
Todd Wellemeyer is absolutely terrible. Thank goodness the Cardinals can't figure this out.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

BichetteHappens

• Ne!f! Perez, Cooperstown Bound.
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2009, 07:56:52 PM »
I post on another baseball board, and today it made my brain explode.

Troy Glaus is a better thirdbasemen then Ramirez, fyi.  He also then argues that GOD Derosa is a GREAT addition for the Cards. Carp, Wainwright and Pinero are the best 1-2-3 pitchers in the NL.

Pure gold.

My favorite points

"STOP WHINING. The Cards have had it just as bad. Just because Soriano has more name recognition than Ludwick doesn't mean him being hurt is worse. Ramirez's injury got more press because Glaus got hurt before the season, but that doesn't change the fact that the Cards had, until DeRosa came over, been running Thurston or Barden or someone like that out to third base every day. Bradley's crappiness is under the microscope because it's Chicago and he just got a new contract, but that doesn't mean that he's been any less of a disappointment than Ank and Duncan."

My head. It hurts.

Hawkeye's clutchness

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2009, 08:28:46 PM »
Elias Coblentzed.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2009, 11:20:29 AM »
Quote from: BichetteHappens on July 26, 2009, 07:56:52 PM
Carp, Wainwright and Pinero are the best 1-2-3 pitchers in the NL.

This part is true.

Hanson, Jurjjens and Vazquez  are solid, if the Giants had anyone after Lincecum and Cain, they'd have an argument, and Billingsley, Wolf and Kershaw is a solid combo, but the Cards guys are the best 1-2-3 right now.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2009, 11:26:33 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 27, 2009, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: BichetteHappens on July 26, 2009, 07:56:52 PM
Carp, Wainwright and Pinero are the best 1-2-3 pitchers in the NL.

This part is true.

Hanson, Jurjjens and Vazquez  are solid, if the Giants had anyone after Lincecum and Cain, they'd have an argument, and Billingsley, Wolf and Kershaw is a solid combo, but the Cards guys are the best 1-2-3 right now.

There is no part of "best" that contains "Pinero".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16