News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, CHC all pisspoor in 2009.  ( 104,607 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, STL all pisspoor in 2009.
« Reply #390 on: August 06, 2009, 01:40:44 PM »
Quote from: Ghost of Dave Rosello on August 06, 2009, 01:25:31 PM
Quote from: Weebs on August 06, 2009, 12:55:29 PM
QuoteMajor League Baseball has decided not to suspend Prince Fielder for his actions following Tuesday's game against the Dodgers.
In a surprising twist, everyone was pardoned from suspension: Fielder for trying to get into the Dodger clubhouse to confront Guillermo Mota; Mota for intentionally drilling Fielder in the ninth inning of a blowout; Dodgers manager Joe Torre for ordering the plunking. Fielder and Mota will pay undisclosed fines. Maybe MLB discipline czar Bob Watson is going soft. Regardless, this is good fantasy news for all involved.

Shocking, Selig didn't suspend the Brewers' second best player.

And if it had been a Cub, he'd be gone for a month.

Fuck Bud Selig with Bea Arthur's dead dick.

People don't truly believe this, right?

It's just some internet Cubs fan parody hoax, I assume?

Whatever "anti-Cubs bias" one thinks Selig has, his primary agenda is to make as much money for baseball as possible.
There would be probably no better marketing and revenue opportunity for baseball than to have the Cubs in the World Series.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: August 06, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 06, 2009, 01:40:44 PM
QuoteMajor League Baseball has decided not to suspend Prince Fielder for his actions following Tuesday's game against the Dodgers.
In a surprising twist, everyone was pardoned from suspension: Fielder for trying to get into the Dodger clubhouse to confront Guillermo Mota; Mota for intentionally drilling Fielder in the ninth inning of a blowout; Dodgers manager Joe Torre for ordering the plunking. Fielder and Mota will pay undisclosed fines. Maybe MLB discipline czar Bob Watson is going soft. Regardless, this is good fantasy news for all involved.

Whatever "anti-Cubs bias" one thinks Selig has, his primary agenda is to make as much money for baseball as possible.
There would be probably no better marketing and revenue opportunity for baseball than to have the Cubs in the World Series.

No. I just like busting on Bud and Team Cheesecurd.

I do find it hard to believe a player can skate without a suspension for something like that. Does smack of favoritism when the Brewers are involved.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: August 06, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »
The fact that Cecil did not get into the Dodgers' clubhouse is what spared him. He had to be restrained, but ultimately, nothing happened.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: August 06, 2009, 02:09:16 PM »

No, Cubs fans don't believe this.  A month?  Come on.  Let's get serious.  I think we all know that is a crazy notion, especially since no one can deny that Milton would have been executed by lethal injection for this because BUD HATES US.  :(
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: August 06, 2009, 02:11:36 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on August 06, 2009, 02:09:16 PM

No, Cubs fans don't believe this.  A month?  Come on.  Let's get serious.  I think we all know that is a crazy notion, especially since no one can deny that Milton would have been executed by lethal injection for this because BUD HATES US.  :(

C'mon, the lethal injection thing is a little over the top.

They'd feed him to a pack of rabid ferrets.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: August 06, 2009, 02:17:07 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 06, 2009, 01:38:25 PM

He didn't suspend Mota either.  Stop acting like BC.

Well of course he didn't.  If he suspended Mota, he would have had to suspend Prince.  Players very often get suspended for at least a game when they intentionally hit a batter.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: August 06, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 06, 2009, 02:17:07 PM

He didn't suspend Mota either.  Stop acting like BC.

Well of course he didn't.  If he suspended Mota, he would have had to suspend Prince.  Players very often get suspended for at least a game when they intentionally hit a batter.

Matt Garza didn't, and he admitted he plunked Mark Teixeira on purpose a couple weeks ago.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: August 06, 2009, 02:27:50 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on August 06, 2009, 02:09:16 PM

Intrepid reader: LaTroy Hawkins

Not as much as he hates the Astros.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: August 06, 2009, 02:45:03 PM »
Anyone else see Howry try to hit a guy 3-4 times before he actually hit him this week?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: August 07, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »

He didn't suspend FORMER BREWER Mota either.  Stop acting like BC.

Conspiracy!'ed.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: August 07, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on August 07, 2009, 03:44:15 PM

Conspiracy!'ed.

QuoteBrad Thompson has been suspended three games and fined an undisclosed amount for throwing at David Wright's head Wednesday.
Thompson has filed an appeal, and denied there was intent behind the pitch in a post-game interview on Wednesday. "You throw a ball like at somebody's head, especially after something happened earlier, and you expect a warning," said the reliever. "I'm not going to try to hit David Wright in the head. I'm not going to hit anybody in the head." The Mets, and the home plate umpire, saw the up-and-in fastball as retaliation for the beaning of Albert Pujols one inning earlier.

Bring on the "but it's different when you throw at a player's head" comments.  Selig is a manipulative chodestain.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: August 08, 2009, 11:33:23 PM »

Conspiracy!'ed.

EVERYONE'S AGAINST US!

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 08, 2009, 11:33:23 PM

Conspiracy!'ed.

EVERYONE'S AGAINST US!

I'm fir us!
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2009, 12:12:38 PM »
In Cheese Land:

Brewers designated third baseman Bill Hall for assignment.

The Brewers are really cleaning house this afternoon. Hall had an awful .201/.265/.341 batting line in 211 at-bats with the Crew this season and hasn't posted solid all-around numbers since 2006. Perhaps a change of scenery will help the 29-year-old figure it out offensively.

...and...

Brewers optioned shortstop J.J. Hardy to Triple-A Nashville.

Alcides Escobar was recalled to take his spot on the roster and on the field. Hardy has posted a disappointing .229/.300/.367 batting line in 371 at-bats this season with 11 home runs and 45 RBI, and the Brewers want to see what they have in Escobar, a 22-year-old shortstop.

I guess McGehee and/or Matt Gamel will take over 3B and Alcides Escobar to take over SS.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.