News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, CHC all pisspoor in 2009.  ( 104,603 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, STL all pisspoor in 2009.
« Reply #420 on: August 14, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on August 14, 2009, 09:16:31 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 14, 2009, 09:00:32 PM
felix pie just hit for the cycle vs laa nice

Nice choice, Jim.

@baseballstone Felix Pie - 2 HR, 11 RBI.  Sam Fuld + Aaron Miles - 0 HR, 5 RBI.  Good job Hendry.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
The Sneak Attack is over: Pudge has been traded to Texas.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
You don't get it.  THAT'S PART OF THE SNEAK ATTACK!

BichetteHappens

• Ne!f! Perez, Cooperstown Bound.
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: August 18, 2009, 06:16:01 PM »
so uh, when's Chris Carpenters' elbow going to explode again?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: August 18, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »
Quote from: BichetteHappens on August 18, 2009, 06:16:01 PM
so uh, when's Chris Carpenters' elbow going to explode again?

March.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: August 18, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »
DOOOOOOM

QuoteJohn Smoltz is "strongly leaning" toward signing with the Cardinals, according to a report on ESPN.com.

Smoltz, 42, told friends he will decide on a team Wednesday when his release waivers expire and he officially becomes a free agent, the report said. The pitcher is believed to prefer the Cardinals over the Dodgers, Marlins and Rangers.

The Cardinals on Monday expressed interest in the right-hander.

"I know that he's one of the guys we've been looking into," manager Tony La Russa said. "He's healthy, and when he's healthy, he's a weapon."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: August 18, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »
In all honesty, I think it's time to remove STL from the thread title.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: CIN, HOU, MIL, PIT, CHC all pisspoor in 2009.
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2009, 02:36:50 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 18, 2009, 10:03:26 PM
In all honesty, I think it's time to remove STL from the thread title.

Fair point.  Done.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2009, 08:31:21 AM »
There's still a little less than a month and a half left of the season, but the Cardinals have been so strong that I don't mind pulling for them in the playoffs if the Cubs don't make a comeback.  I hate the Cardinals and The Genius Wine Drinker just as much as the next guy, but I do appreciate a good baseball team regardless of who they are.  If they're not playing the Cubs, I don't have a problem with getting behind them for a few games in October.  Surprising, too, considering they have zero LSU products on their team (unless Stavinoha gets recalled).

Carpenter and Wainwright have been great.  It's hard to hate them, really, unless they're making your bunch of gutless fucking assholes look like a bunch of gutless fucking assholes.

There.  I said it.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2009, 08:34:21 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on August 19, 2009, 08:31:21 AM
There's still a little less than a month and a half left of the season, but the Cardinals have been so strong that I don't mind pulling for them in the playoffs if the Cubs don't make a comeback.  I hate the Cardinals and The Genius Wine Drinker just as much as the next guy, but I do appreciate a good baseball team regardless of who they are.  If they're not playing the Cubs, I don't have a problem with getting behind them for a few games in October.  Surprising, too, considering they have zero LSU products on their team (unless Stavinoha gets recalled).

Carpenter and Wainwright have been great.  It's hard to hate them, really, unless they're making your bunch of gutless fucking assholes look like a bunch of gutless fucking assholes.

There.  I said it.

Given all the words and sentiments that surround this, I don't think you do.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2009, 08:35:53 AM »

There.  I said it.

I disagree, but I've already told you that.... But yea, Fuck the Cardinals. May they all get Josh Hancock'd

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »

There.  I said it.

Fuck the damn Cardinals.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2009, 08:41:27 AM »

There.  I said it.
Would you root for Tulane if they were playing well and not playing LSU?

Fuck the Cardinals, I'll just watch a minimal amount baseball in October.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: August 19, 2009, 08:44:16 AM »

Hawks open in Finland, boys.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: August 19, 2009, 08:45:31 AM »
I figured I'd get this response and it's completely warranted.  I just don't mind watching a good baseball team, even if it is the Cardinals, especially when my team might be nowhere in sight.

Do I at least get a marginal pass for not being regional to the Cardinals/Cubs?

And, yes flannj.  I would.  But, don't tell my pops.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.