News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Official 72 Wins Ain't Gonna Hai in Miami 2010-2011 NBA Thread  ( 40,148 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Official 72 Wins Ain't Gonna Hai in Miami 2010-2011 NBA Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 10, 2011, 03:40:42 PM
Quote from: R-V on February 10, 2011, 03:31:39 PM
Quote from: PANK! on February 10, 2011, 03:11:18 PM
Eli--let us know when you've successfully scrubbed your eyeballs with bleach after reading that.

Looks like our Yeti learned a new word.

QuoteHowever, you didn't even mention that. However, you did say that 12 turnovers in a game is bad. I, however, would take that every game from the Bulls this year.

Can anyone translate Huey's comment to me?

"I like Fro playing the role of someone who lights himself on fire and never corrupting the internet with his blatant and willfull ignorance ever again."

It means he wants Fro to light himself on fire and never go on the internet again. It's pretty straightforward.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »
Eli--let us know when you've successfully scrubbed your eyeballs with bleach after reading that.

QuoteHowever, you didn't even mention that. However, you did say that 12 turnovers in a game is bad. I, however, would take that every game from the Bulls this year.

Yea, I read it again about 2 hours ago and was shaking my head about that. Oh well.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »

From earlier SBox.

Quote from: Yeti
"I just read my comment over there. I used "however" in 3 straight sentences. Awesome"
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »
I can't remember which NBA team Apex likes today, but if it's the Knicks he'll be interested in this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6145912

The Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be ridiculously entertaining.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2011, 07:40:12 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 21, 2011, 10:00:30 PM
I can't remember which NBA team Apex likes today, but if it's the Knicks he'll be interested in this:

To be truthfully frank, this makes me like the Knicks even less. I liked Felton and Gallinari and I've never been able to stand Carmelo. You guys and fans everywhere got unduly asshurt about Lebron not signing with the Bulls making an unsightly spectacle out of his free agent signing. But at least he was a free agent. Melo held his team hostage for - shit it seems like we've been hearing Melo to NY rumors for a year now. That's pretty ugly to me. I like Chauncy Billups though, so there's that. And Renoldo Balkman, well I always thought Riley should have given him some burn Game 7 of the 94 Finals, if only to take some of the pressure off of Starks or change his rythm, fuck, anything. Good on the Knicks for attempting to right that wrong.

Meh.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 08:32:04 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 22, 2011, 07:40:12 AM

To be truthfully frank, this makes me like the Knicks even less. I liked Felton and Gallinari and I've never been able to stand Carmelo. You guys and fans everywhere got unduly asshurt about Lebron not signing with the Bulls making an unsightly spectacle out of his free agent signing. But at least he was a free agent. Melo held his team hostage for - shit it seems like we've been hearing Melo to NY rumors for a year now. That's pretty ugly to me. I like Chauncy Billups though, so there's that. And Renoldo Balkman, well I always thought Riley should have given him some burn Game 7 of the 94 Finals, if only to take some of the pressure off of Starks or change his rythm, fuck, anything. Good on the Knicks for attempting to right that wrong.

Meh.

I think the Knicks wanted star power and now they've got it. But they gave away some really nice pieces in this trade. I don't even mean pieces as in pieces of shit. I'd be interested to hear the view on this deal from the one intelligent Knick fan out there, should there be such a thing.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2011, 08:33:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 22, 2011, 08:32:04 AM

Meh.

I think the Knicks wanted star power and now they've got it. But they gave away some really nice pieces in this trade. I don't even mean pieces as in pieces of shit. I'd be interested to hear the view on this deal from the one intelligent Knick fan out there, should there be such a thing.

Artie Lange?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2011, 08:54:40 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 22, 2011, 08:33:12 AM

Meh.

Artie Lange?

Whoopi

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2011, 09:01:22 AM »

To be truthfully frank, this makes me like the Knicks even less. I liked Felton and Gallinari and I've never been able to stand Carmelo. You guys and fans everywhere got unduly asshurt about Lebron not signing with the Bulls making an unsightly spectacle out of his free agent signing. But at least he was a free agent. Melo held his team hostage for - shit it seems like we've been hearing Melo to NY rumors for a year now. That's pretty ugly to me. I like Chauncy Billups though, so there's that. And Renoldo Balkman, well I always thought Riley should have given him some burn Game 7 of the 94 Finals, if only to take some of the pressure off of Starks or change his rythm, fuck, anything. Good on the Knicks for attempting to right that wrong. Meh.

Was this supposed to be a joke based off of a similar named guy?  If so, it wasn't very funny, but if not, then you're just not smart.  I'll go with either.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2011, 09:08:04 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 22, 2011, 09:01:22 AM

To be truthfully frank, this makes me like the Knicks even less. I liked Felton and Gallinari and I've never been able to stand Carmelo. You guys and fans everywhere got unduly asshurt about Lebron not signing with the Bulls making an unsightly spectacle out of his free agent signing. But at least he was a free agent. Melo held his team hostage for - shit it seems like we've been hearing Melo to NY rumors for a year now. That's pretty ugly to me. I like Chauncy Billups though, so there's that. And Renoldo Balkman, well I always thought Riley should have given him some burn Game 7 of the 94 Finals, if only to take some of the pressure off of Starks or change his rythm, fuck, anything. Good on the Knicks for attempting to right that wrong. Meh.

Was this supposed to be a joke based off of a similar named guy?  If so, it wasn't very funny, but if not, then you're just not smart.  I'll go with either.

Actually it was funny. Because I laughed.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2011, 11:15:18 AM »

Meh.

Did they really?

I mean, prior to those guys playing with D'Antoni (who has made a career of making mediocre guys look valuable), they pretty much were all worthless.
Felton couldn't even get a contract from the Bobcats, Chandler was just a scorer (and not a particularly good one), Mofogovovzev wasn't even drafted and Gallinari was just some hairy, soft Italian dude.

I agree with Pex's point of "because fuck Steve Tracshel Carmelo" for holding the Nuggets hostage, but this doesn't seem like a great return considering the 1st round draft pick isn't until 2014 at which point the Knicks should be sending them a non-lottery pick. 

Well, unless Amare's knees are completely shot by then, of which there is like a 75% chance. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 22, 2011, 11:15:18 AM

Meh.

Did they really?

I mean, prior to those guys playing with D'Antoni (who has made a career of making mediocre guys look valuable), they pretty much were all worthless.
Felton couldn't even get a contract from the Bobcats, Chandler was just a scorer (and not a particularly good one), Mofogovovzev wasn't even drafted and Gallinari was just some hairy, soft Italian dude.

I agree with Pex's point of "because fuck Steve Tracshel Carmelo" for holding the Nuggets hostage, but this doesn't seem like a great return considering the 1st round draft pick isn't until 2014 at which point the Knicks should be sending them a non-lottery pick.  

Well, unless Amare's knees are completely shot by then, of which there is like a 75% chance.  

Sure, you may not see "soft, hairy Italian" on Gallinari's official scouting report but I'm sure that's probably all he is. When the Knicks look back at Raymond Felton as their point guard they'll wonder why they let some guy who couldn't even get a deal with Charlotte run their offense. Also they got that Wilson Chandler guy. Remember when the Bulls drafted him? Turns out he got a lot shorter and changed his first name. Weird.

I'm sure Denver is pissed they gave away a player who had led them to 300 straight first round exits and didn't want to be there while only getting in return four guys that you've never heard of, a massive trade exception and three picks.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 22, 2011, 11:46:40 AM

Meh.

Did they really?

Sure, you may not see "soft, hairy Italian" on Gallinari's official scouting report but I'm sure that's probably all he is. When the Knicks look back at Raymond Felton as their point guard they'll wonder why they let some guy who couldn't even get a deal with Charlotte run their offense. Also they got that Wilson Chandler guy. Remember when the Bulls drafted him? Turns out he got a lot shorter and changed his first name. Weird.

I'm sure Denver is pissed they gave away a player who had led them to 300 straight first round exits and didn't want to be there while only getting in return four guys that you've never heard of, a massive trade exception and three picks.

I'm completely confused now.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »

Meh.

Did they really?

Pen thinks Atlanta has a better kickoff return game than the Bears.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 22, 2011, 11:54:11 AM

Meh.

Did they really?

I'm completely confused now.

What is there to be confused about?  Apex made a tremendously shitty post.  Same as always.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.