News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Official 72 Wins Ain't Gonna Hai in Miami 2010-2011 NBA Thread  ( 40,172 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Official 72 Wins Ain't Gonna Hai in Miami 2010-2011 NBA Thread
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 22, 2011, 11:57:09 AM
Quote from: PenPho on February 22, 2011, 11:54:11 AM
Quote from: Slaky on February 22, 2011, 11:46:40 AM
Quote from: PenPho on February 22, 2011, 11:15:18 AM
Quote from: Slaky on February 22, 2011, 08:32:04 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 22, 2011, 07:40:12 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 21, 2011, 10:00:30 PM
I can't remember which NBA team Apex likes today, but if it's the Knicks he'll be interested in this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6145912

The Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be ridiculously entertaining.

To be truthfully frank, this makes me like the Knicks even less. I liked Felton and Gallinari and I've never been able to stand Carmelo. You guys and fans everywhere got unduly asshurt about Lebron not signing with the Bulls making an unsightly spectacle out of his free agent signing. But at least he was a free agent. Melo held his team hostage for - shit it seems like we've been hearing Melo to NY rumors for a year now. That's pretty ugly to me. I like Chauncy Billups though, so there's that. And Renoldo Balkman, well I always thought Riley should have given him some burn Game 7 of the 94 Finals, if only to take some of the pressure off of Starks or change his rythm, fuck, anything. Good on the Knicks for attempting to right that wrong.

Meh.

I think the Knicks wanted star power and now they've got it. But they gave away some really nice pieces in this trade. I don't even mean pieces as in pieces of shit. I'd be interested to hear the view on this deal from the one intelligent Knick fan out there, should there be such a thing.

Did they really?

I mean, prior to those guys playing with D'Antoni (who has made a career of making mediocre guys look valuable), they pretty much were all worthless.
Felton couldn't even get a contract from the Bobcats, Chandler was just a scorer (and not a particularly good one), Mofogovovzev wasn't even drafted and Gallinari was just some hairy, soft Italian dude.

I agree with Pex's point of "because fuck Steve Tracshel Carmelo" for holding the Nuggets hostage, but this doesn't seem like a great return considering the 1st round draft pick isn't until 2014 at which point the Knicks should be sending them a non-lottery pick.  

Well, unless Amare's knees are completely shot by then, of which there is like a 75% chance.  

Sure, you may not see "soft, hairy Italian" on Gallinari's official scouting report but I'm sure that's probably all he is. When the Knicks look back at Raymond Felton as their point guard they'll wonder why they let some guy who couldn't even get a deal with Charlotte run their offense. Also they got that Wilson Chandler guy. Remember when the Bulls drafted him? Turns out he got a lot shorter and changed his first name. Weird.

I'm sure Denver is pissed they gave away a player who had led them to 300 straight first round exits and didn't want to be there while only getting in return four guys that you've never heard of, a massive trade exception and three picks.

I'm completely confused now.

What is there to be confused about?  Apex made a tremendously shitty post.  Same as always.

Which you followed up with some fucking incredible ones.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »
Al Yellon, in an apparent piece of self-parodic performance art, has decreed two NBA-related missives in the past 24 hours.  Actual headlines, and links below:

NBA All-Star Game: Derrick Rose's Yellow Shoes Only One Reason It's Time To End These Farces Of Games

Carmelo Anthony NOT Traded To Bulls; Deal Shows Everything Wrong With NBA

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2011, 01:10:57 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2011, 01:05:42 PM
Al Yellon, in an apparent piece of self-parodic performance art, has decreed two NBA-related missives in the past 24 hours.  Actual headlines, and links below:

NBA All-Star Game: Derrick Rose's Yellow Shoes Only One Reason It's Time To End These Farces Of Games

Quote from: Al Yellon
Second, this isn't quite a LeBron James deal, but it was basically dictated by Anthony, who sent out the message loud and clear that he wanted a contract extension, something the Nuggets apparently weren't willing to give. It was just a matter of finding a team that was willing, and the curious dance back and forth with the Nets and Knicks had to be distracting to Denver. How can you focus on winning when your best player doesn't really want to be there?

Wait, what?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 22, 2011, 01:10:57 PM
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2011, 01:05:42 PM

Quote from: Al Yellon
Second, this isn't quite a LeBron James deal, but it was basically dictated by Anthony, who sent out the message loud and clear that he wanted a contract extension, something the Nuggets apparently weren't willing to give. It was just a matter of finding a team that was willing, and the curious dance back and forth with the Nets and Knicks had to be distracting to Denver. How can you focus on winning when your best player doesn't really want to be there?

Wait, what?

"And the NBA... oh, man, that's just turned into a bloated realm of nonsense. As I understand it, now we have to get people's attention in the slam dunk contest by driving a car onto the court and getting someone to jump over the car while being fed a ball through the sunroof, and then slam it? What if he misses? What if he trips over the car and tears up knee ligaments? What's next? Holding this thing outdoors and dropping a basketball out of a helicopter so it can be slammed? (Seriously, NBA: pretend you never heard that idea.)"

This paragraph is awesome.  I hope the NBA heard Al's suggestion. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »
I can't remember which NBA team Apex likes today, but if it's the Knicks he'll be interested in this:

To be truthfully frank, this makes me like the Knicks even less. I liked Felton and Gallinari and I've never been able to stand Carmelo. You guys and fans everywhere got unduly asshurt about Lebron not signing with the Bulls making an unsightly spectacle out of his free agent signing. But at least he was a free agent. Melo held his team hostage for - shit it seems like we've been hearing Melo to NY rumors for a year now. That's pretty ugly to me. I like Chauncy Billups though, so there's that. And Renoldo Balkman, well I always thought Riley should have given him some burn Game 7 of the 94 Finals, if only to take some of the pressure off of Starks or change his rythm, fuck, anything. Good on the Knicks for attempting to right that wrong.

Meh.

Quote from: Bill Simmons on June 28, 2006, 09:39:00 AMWho's going to be the first one to make the obligatory "Is it possible that Isiah thought he was taking Rolando Blackman?" joke. Screw it, I'll do it.

Quote from: Internet Apex on February 22, 2011, 07:40:12 AMDibs!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2011, 10:36:26 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 22, 2011, 09:06:04 PM

Meh.

Quote from: Bill Simmons on June 28, 2006, 09:39:00 AMWho's going to be the first one to make the obligatory "Is it possible that Isiah thought he was taking Rolando Blackman?" joke. Screw it, I'll do it.

God damnit. I'm done with this fucking thread. And its brethren.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2011, 10:43:05 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 23, 2011, 10:39:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6150419

The Jazz are falling apart

This can all be traced back to Boozer hornswaggling the blind guy.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 22, 2011, 10:36:26 PM

Meh.

No, wait...please stay and tell us more about how LeBron is such a better guy than Carmelo despite LeBron leaving the Cavs with nothing while 'Melo made his intentions clear and allowed the Nuggets to get something in return for him.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2011, 12:17:26 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 23, 2011, 12:13:14 PM

Meh.

No, wait...please stay and tell us more about how LeBron is such a better guy than Carmelo despite LeBron leaving the Cavs with nothing while 'Melo made his intentions clear and allowed the Nuggets to get something in return for him.

I hate myself for saying this, but I agree with Pen.

::takes shower::
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2011, 12:18:04 PM »

Meh.

No thanks. I've grown tired of the subject. My NBA thread trolling days are over.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2011, 04:27:55 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 23, 2011, 12:18:04 PM

Meh.

No thanks. I've grown tired of the subject. My NBA thread trolling days are over.

No, you're not

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2011, 08:47:03 AM »
So it looks like Miami is a pretty good team.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 04, 2011, 08:47:03 AM
So it looks like Miami is a pretty good team.

Really? Who's their second best player?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2011, 08:58:09 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 23, 2011, 12:18:04 PM

Meh.

BUMP!