News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,393 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #465 on: January 07, 2016, 07:25:12 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 06, 2016, 10:03:50 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 06, 2016, 09:49:23 PM
Quote from: PANK! on December 27, 2015, 07:39:45 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 27, 2015, 07:25:42 PM
Lovestink on full display.

I think.

I barely watched.

I just still hate Lovie as a coach. And wanted to say it.

Was actually 2-for-2 on challenges--including a re-spot which seems to rarely happen for anyone.

Aside from that he's gotten better at missing the playoffs.  In his second season here, the Bears won the division.

/Lovie in Tampa.

Am I crazy in thinking he didn't even really get a chance down there? You fire Marc Trestman after two years if you're dumb enough to hire him in the first place, but firing Lovie that quickly seems pretty impatient. I mean the team he took over was 4-12, with no QB.

He didn't get a chance. I'm not sure they'd have ever reached great heights with him but this certainly is the wrong way to go about things.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #466 on: January 07, 2016, 09:07:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 07:25:12 AM

I think.

I barely watched.

Was actually 2-for-2 on challenges--including a re-spot which seems to rarely happen for anyone.

Aside from that he's gotten better at missing the playoffs.  In his second season here, the Bears won the division.

/Lovie in Tampa.

Am I crazy in thinking he didn't even really get a chance down there? You fire Marc Trestman after two years if you're dumb enough to hire him in the first place, but firing Lovie that quickly seems pretty impatient. I mean the team he took over was 4-12, with no QB.

He didn't get a chance. I'm not sure they'd have ever reached great heights with him but this certainly is the wrong way to go about things.

I think he'd make a fine college head coach. Players seem to love him. He's diplomatic and fair. There is less parity in the college game so he could possibly amass a great heap of talent at some school that hasn't won anything in forever and march them straight to a bunch of middling bowl games and I think I just talked myself into Lovie for the Purdue job.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: January 07, 2016, 09:25:38 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 07, 2016, 09:07:52 AM

I think.

I barely watched.

/Lovie in Tampa.

I think he'd make a fine college head coach. Players seem to love him. He's diplomatic and fair. There is less parity in the college game so he could possibly amass a great heap of talent at some school that hasn't won anything in forever and march them straight to a bunch of middling bowl games and I think I just talked myself into Lovie for the Purdue job.

Right. I guess my point is that I could agree with firing Lovie if you were a new GM who came into the situation and decided that you didn't want him to lead your franchise. At this point Lovie is pretty much a known quantity, and I wouldn't blame a franchise for deciding they want to get someone with a potentially higher ceiling than "consistently respectable wild card contender."

But I don't think the Bucs have any actual plan or desire to get a guy who might be an innovator or whatever. Rumors say they want to promote Dirk Koetter from OC to HC and holy shit is that stupid.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: January 07, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 09:25:38 AM

I think.

I barely watched.

/Lovie in Tampa.

Right. I guess my point is that I could agree with firing Lovie if you were a new GM who came into the situation and decided that you didn't want him to lead your franchise. At this point Lovie is pretty much a known quantity, and I wouldn't blame a franchise for deciding they want to get someone with a potentially higher ceiling than "consistently respectable wild card contender."

But I don't think the Bucs have any actual plan or desire to get a guy who might be an innovator or whatever. Rumors say they want to promote Dirk Koetter from OC to HC and holy shit is that stupid.

People have been calling the Score asking if the Bears could fire Fox and promote Gase almost all season, and it gets dismissed as an idiotic sports thought every time. Well, the Bucs are actually doing it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: January 07, 2016, 09:46:05 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 07, 2016, 09:43:21 AM

I think.

I barely watched.

Aside from that he's gotten better at missing the playoffs.  In his second season here, the Bears won the division.

/Lovie in Tampa.

People have been calling the Score asking if the Bears could fire Fox and promote Gase almost all season, and it gets dismissed as an idiotic sports thought every time. Well, the Bucs are actually doing it.

Gase is an actual innovative offensive mind who has been interviewed for numerous HC openings and might not do some of the dumb, conservative shit that Fox is prone to, so while I'm not pushing for it the Bears doing that would be less dumb than the Bucs hiring Dirk Koetter, a 60 year old fucking retread who was a mediocre OC for the Falcons and Jaguars and managed a whopping 40-34 record as a head coach at Arizona State.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2016, 12:09:43 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 09:46:05 AM

I think.

I barely watched.

Aside from that he's gotten better at missing the playoffs.  In his second season here, the Bears won the division.

/Lovie in Tampa.

Gase is an actual innovative offensive mind who has been interviewed for numerous HC openings and might not do some of the dumb, conservative shit that Fox is prone to, so while I'm not pushing for it the Bears doing that would be less dumb than the Bucs hiring Dirk Koetter, a 60 year old fucking retread who was a mediocre OC for the Falcons and Jaguars and managed a whopping 40-34 record as a head coach at Arizona State.

Regardless of what you think of Koetter, if the Bucs feel like their more important asset right now is Jameis (probably fair) and that Koetter is more integral to Jameis' development than Lovie, then it makes fine sense for them to promote Koetter to HC rather than losing him if they truly felt like there was a decent chance he was going to get another HC job (which sounds a least possible.)
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: January 07, 2016, 12:12:39 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 12:09:43 PM

I think.

I barely watched.

/Lovie in Tampa.

Regardless of what you think of Koetter, if the Bucs feel like their more important asset right now is Jameis (probably fair) and that Koetter is more integral to Jameis' development than Lovie, then it makes fine sense for them to promote Koetter to HC rather than losing him if they truly felt like there was a decent chance he was going to get another HC job (which sounds a least possible.)

Or just hire another offensive minded coach who isn't Dirk Koetter. I refuse to believe anything good will come from Dirk Koetter. I draw the line here.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: January 07, 2016, 12:27:02 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 12:12:39 PM

I think.

I barely watched.

/Lovie in Tampa.

Or just hire another offensive minded coach who isn't Dirk Koetter. I refuse to believe anything good will come from Dirk Koetter. I draw the line here.

Just making this move sends a pretty shitty message about yourself to the rest of the league.  Who the hell would want to work in that environment?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2016, 12:30:28 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 07, 2016, 12:27:02 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 12:12:39 PM

I think.

I barely watched.

/Lovie in Tampa.

Just making this move sends a pretty shitty message about yourself to the rest of the league.  Who the hell would want to work in that environment?

Right. You fired a coach who is beloved by his players (LaVonte David and several Bucs players bitched very loudly and publicly about it on twitter yesterday), and is well-respected and beloved in Tampa for his work in helping to build the only successful run in Bucs history anyway, after just two years into a rebuild (when he had improved by 4 wins from year one to year two), all because the rookie quarterback liked his OC and wanted him to stay at all costs?

Fuck Jameis Winston. He's a rookie dipshit. Who cares if he likes Dirk Koetter? It's the only NFL OC he's ever had and there are far better ones out there. Fear of losing Dirk f--king Koetter is not reason enough to throw Lovie overboard at the cost of alienating your defense.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: January 07, 2016, 01:03:02 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 12:30:28 PM

Fuck Jameis Winston. He's a rookie dipshit. Who cares if he likes Dirk Koetter? It's the only NFL OC he's ever had and there are far better ones out there. Fear of losing Dirk f--king Koetter is not reason enough to throw Lovie overboard at the cost of alienating your defense.

Seriously, why would you make moves based on your franchise QB that you just took with the #1 overall pick in the draft who is probably going to win Rookie of the Year?

Franchise QBs grow on trees.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: January 07, 2016, 01:09:53 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 01:03:02 PM

Fuck Jameis Winston. He's a rookie dipshit.[/b] Who cares if he likes Dirk Koetter? It's the only NFL OC he's ever had and there are far better ones out there. Fear of losing Dirk f--king Koetter is not reason enough to throw Lovie overboard at the cost of alienating your defense.

Seriously, why would you make moves based on your franchise QB that you just took with the #1 overall pick in the draft?

I'm not disagreeing with building around your quarterback, I'm saying don't build around your quarterback if it means making Dirk Koetter your head coach. If you want to get an offensive-minded head coach, fine. Dirk Koetter should not be that guy.

I mean let's say Jameis Winston had a half decent rookie season under Mike Martz. Would you make him the head coach if Jameis really liked him? No, because that's fucking stupid. Dirk Koetter sucks.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: January 07, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 01:09:53 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 01:03:02 PM

Fuck Jameis Winston. He's a rookie dipshit.[/b] Who cares if he likes Dirk Koetter? It's the only NFL OC he's ever had and there are far better ones out there. Fear of losing Dirk f--king Koetter is not reason enough to throw Lovie overboard at the cost of alienating your defense.

Seriously, why would you make moves based on your franchise QB that you just took with the #1 overall pick in the draft?

I'm not disagreeing with building around your quarterback, I'm saying don't build around your quarterback if it means making Dirk Koetter your head coach. If you want to get an offensive-minded head coach, fine. Dirk Koetter should not be that guy.

I mean let's say Jameis Winston had a half decent rookie season under Mike Martz. Would you make him the head coach if Jameis really liked him? No, because that's fucking stupid. Dirk Koetter sucks.

I will say that shit like this is totally ridiculous and disingenuous.
Lovie wasn't the problem.  

The Rams should fire Jeff Fisher this instant and hire Lovie Smith.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: January 07, 2016, 01:13:58 PM »
Dirk Koetter has been an offensive coordinator for ten years in the NFL and has finished higher than 24th in scoring....twice. He was a mediocre college coach the last time he had a head job. Who gives a fuck if Jameis likes him? He obviously doesn't know any better.

Better make that man a head coach before someone else snags him, I tell ya.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: January 07, 2016, 01:15:34 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 01:13:58 PM
Dirk Koetter has been an offensive coordinator for ten years in the NFL and has finished higher than 24th in scoring....twice. He was a mediocre college coach the last time he had a head job. Who gives a fuck if Jameis likes him? He obviously doesn't know any better.

They should hire a proven winner OC like Josh McDaniels.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: January 07, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 01:15:34 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 01:13:58 PM

They should hire a proven winner OC like Josh McDaniels.

Hiring Josh McDaniels makes more sense (and it makes no sense) than firing Lovie just to promote Dirk Koetter. A whole year of being disengaged from football led to me forgetting how horribly wrong you are about everything all of the time. This has been a nice refresher.