News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,677 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 10, 2012, 11:53:23 AM
Quote from: Tonker on September 10, 2012, 10:51:48 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 10, 2012, 09:53:31 AM
Quote from: Eli on September 10, 2012, 08:11:13 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 09, 2012, 11:41:46 PM
I usually hate the Thursday games, but I've never been more excited. If they're ever going to beat Green Bay, now is the time, while their defense is still a mess and the Bears offense has all of the pieces in place. Bears.

Your avatar is so beautiful.

For posterity and enlarged enjoyments:

Bear (ahem) in mind that I have very little in the way of a frame of reference for FOOTBAW achievements, having not paid a hell of a lot of attention down the years.  That said, it seemed to me that this pass and catch were something a bit fucking special.  I certainly danced round the room like they were, anyway.  Please tell me I wasn't making myself look ridiculous.

The ball traveled some 60 yards in the air right over the top of a defender to the outstretched arms of a WR right in front of the back of the endzone.  Glorious.

I've got nothing to add.  I just like to keep looking at this play.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 04:19:53 PM »
I love that GIF

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 10, 2012, 11:17:34 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 10, 2012, 10:56:24 AM
I usually hate the Thursday games, but I've never been more excited. If they're ever going to beat Green Bay, now is the time, while their defense is still a mess and the Bears offense has all of the pieces in place. Bears.

Bear (ahem) in mind that I have very little in the way of a frame of reference for FOOTBAW achievements, having not paid a hell of a lot of attention down the years.  That said, it seemed to me that this pass and catch were something a bit fucking special.  I certainly danced round the room like they were, anyway.  Please tell me I wasn't making myself look ridiculous.

Some teams make plays like that every couple of weeks. And when they do, their fans have every reason to dance around like a moron in their underwear. The Bears have almost never been able to pull off something like that and make it look so smooth and effortless. It's a new day, motherfucker.

I do remember a Cutler-to-Olson connection in 2010 that made me happy in all the right places. Before that, what did we have? The best Bears QB this side of Luckman to the receiver poised for a breakout year against Minnesota in 2007? Shane Matthews to James Allen? Jim McMahon to McKinnon and Gault in the Humpdome?

I'd say it was Jay's most impressive throw in a Bears uniform. He has had some long bombs (the 59 YD to Knox against Dallas, the 67 YDr to Knox in Minnesota in 2010, the Olsen TD against the Seahawks in the playoffs) but all of those, while impressive, were more your traditional lob variety deep ball. There still aren't many Bears QBs who could have made them, but putting it up and leading a receiver who has a fairly large lead on the corner is less impressive than firing a 60 yard dart over 2 defenders into your receivers outstretched hands in the back of the end zone. There are very few QBs who can make that throw.

I'd also argue that the throw to Olsen at the 4:46 mark here was one of his most impressive.

Before Jay, I can't really remember too many awesome throws that merited a fist pump for the throw itself. That goddamn pass from Griese to Hester required Griese to dip his weak shoulder so low to huff it down field that he came up with sod covering the GSH. Adrian Peterson pissed all over it on the next play, anyway.

Fuck Brian Griese.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 10:29:38 PM »

Some teams make plays like that every couple of weeks. And when they do, their fans have every reason to dance around like a moron in their underwear. The Bears have almost never been able to pull off something like that and make it look so smooth and effortless. It's a new day, motherfucker.

I do remember a Cutler-to-Olson connection in 2010 that made me happy in all the right places. Before that, what did we have? The best Bears QB this side of Luckman to the receiver poised for a breakout year against Minnesota in 2007? Shane Matthews to James Allen? Jim McMahon to McKinnon and Gault in the Humpdome?

Grossman to Berrian, Week 1 at Green Bay in 2006 was pretty fucking special.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »

I was going to college in the Twin Cities in 1985 so McMahon coming off the bench to shove it up the Vikings' ass that night still holds a special place in my heart.

Even thought it's been more than 20 years since I lived up there I still hate the Vikings more than the Fucking Packers.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 10:39:36 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 10, 2012, 10:32:39 PM

I was going to college in the Twin Cities in 1985 so McMahon coming off the bench to shove it up the Vikings' ass that night still holds a special place in my heart.

Even thought it's been more than 20 years since I lived up there I still hate the Vikings more than the Fucking Packers.

Leave it to Chuck to do this wrong and not quote the .Gif so it's in every post on this page.

I was lucky to be in Minneapolis at a time the Vikings were god-awful, so my hatred for the Pack wasn't threatened in any way.  I'm heading back for the last Bears game in that abortion of a stadium in December.  Anyone else thinking about making that trip?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on September 10, 2012, 10:39:36 PM

Leave it to Chuck to do this wrong and not quote the .Gif so it's in every post on this page.

I was lucky to be in Minneapolis at a time the Vikings were god-awful, so my hatred for the Pack wasn't threatened in any way.  I'm heading back for the last Bears game in that abortion of a stadium in December.  Anyone else thinking about making that trip?

Leave it to CFiHP to assume that people were doing that and just not simply responding to each post.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 01:24:20 AM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on September 10, 2012, 10:53:29 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on September 10, 2012, 10:39:36 PM

Leave it to CFiHP to assume that people were doing that and just not simply responding to each post.

Leave it to Yetti to miss the fact that, whether we planned it that way or not, CFiHP has a point.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on September 10, 2012, 10:29:38 PM

Grossman to Berrian, Week 1 at Green Bay in 2006 was pretty fucking special.

I thought of that one.
Quote from: Armchair_QB on September 10, 2012, 10:32:39 PM

That's a good call.  Take your pick on the first two--I'll go with the one where Payton completely plugged (||) the blitzing linebacker. 

I submit Grossman's first career TD to Marty Booker vs. the Skins was also nice, though down the sideline. 

There was something about Sunday's throw, though, and SKO sums it up well.  There was a stunning sensation caused by seeing the ball come down in Jeffry's hand as he was already in the endzone that I'll never forget feeling.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 11, 2012, 06:15:00 AM

That's a good call.  Take your pick on the first two--I'll go with the one where Payton completely plugged (||) the blitzing linebacker. 

I submit Grossman's first career TD to Marty Booker vs. the Skins was also nice, though down the sideline. 

There was something about Sunday's throw, though, and SKO sums it up well.  There was a stunning sensation caused by seeing the ball come down in Jeffry's hand as he was already in the endzone that I'll never forget feeling.

I believe the word you're looking for there is BONERTIME!
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »

Shit gets real at the 3:15 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA-bgxOf704
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 08:38:02 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 11, 2012, 11:43:02 AM

That's one gorgeous play, but, you know, the Colts.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 11:00:02 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2012, 08:38:02 PM
Quote from: morpheus on September 11, 2012, 11:43:02 AM

That's one gorgeous play, but, you know, the Colts.

Right. I forgot that the physical act of firing a 60 yard dart with perfect placement into the hands of a receiver is somehow easier against shitty teams.

I don't think anyone's arguing that this is the most momentous throw in the history of Bears football. Just the most impressive looking.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 11, 2012, 11:00:02 PM
I don't think anyone's arguing that this is the most momentous throw in the history of Bears football.
I nominate McMahon to Gault, January 12, 1986 to give the Bears a 17-0 lead against the Rams.