News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,581 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2012, 07:59:19 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 14, 2012, 07:17:38 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2012, 03:00:42 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 14, 2012, 02:59:20 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2012, 02:57:30 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 14, 2012, 02:46:39 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2012, 02:38:21 PM
The Cubs have certainly had better left fielders than Soriano.

Like five of them. In 137 years.

So, by your math, one every 27 years.

The Bears have had who better than Cutler since 1920? Say we go with Luckman and McMahon. So, one every 45 years?

What are you talking about?

Apparently we need to hate Soriano because the Bears will get a QB than him sometime in the next 27-45 years. Or something. I'm tired.
I doubt the Bears will get a QB than him anytime soon.

The whole than?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 14, 2012, 07:59:19 PM
Quote from: Bort on September 14, 2012, 07:17:38 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2012, 03:00:42 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 14, 2012, 02:59:20 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2012, 02:57:30 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 14, 2012, 02:46:39 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 14, 2012, 02:38:21 PM
The Cubs have certainly had better left fielders than Soriano.

Like five of them. In 137 years.

So, by your math, one every 27 years.

The Bears have had who better than Cutler since 1920? Say we go with Luckman and McMahon. So, one every 45 years?

What are you talking about?

Apparently we need to hate Soriano because the Bears will get a QB than him sometime in the next 27-45 years. Or something. I'm tired.
I doubt the Bears will get a QB than him anytime soon.

The whole than?

Hell if I know. I don't speak Iowan.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2012, 10:30:01 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on September 14, 2012, 06:16:18 PM
Who is Jeromy Burnitz in this analogy?

Liam Gallagher?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2012, 10:45:28 PM »

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »

Neal Peart?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2012, 01:19:42 PM »
Quote from: flannj on September 14, 2012, 10:56:11 PM

Neal Peart?

I resent the inference.  Neal Peart would never get picked off 3rd base with one out, in a one run game.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2012, 08:39:31 AM »
Got back into town from a too-brief trip last night and saw the Sunday Tribune's treatment of Jay Cutler. I left town Friday morning, and Cutler simply had a crappy game, but was put on his back a few times and got a little frustrated. Since then, he has apparently prolonged the teachers' strikes in Chicago and Lake Forest, planned the Mideast embassy riots, produced the offending film, negotiated Alfonso Soriano's contract, taught J'Marcus how to pass block, forced PenFoe to move to Colorado, beat up a couple old ladies, and invested in a lantern-kicking cow.

This is personal now, and for the sake of all that's good, I hope Cutler leads the Bears to the Super Bowl, wins NFL MVP, and haunts Chuck's dreams forever.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2012, 08:47:04 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 17, 2012, 08:39:31 AM
Got back into town from a too-brief trip last night and saw the Sunday Tribune's treatment of Jay Cutler. I left town Friday morning, and Cutler simply had a crappy game, but was put on his back a few times and got a little frustrated. Since then, he has apparently prolonged the teachers' strikes in Chicago and Lake Forest, planned the Mideast embassy riots, produced the offending film, negotiated Alfonso Soriano's contract, taught J'Marcus how to pass block, forced PenFoe to move to Colorado, beat up a couple old ladies, and invested in a lantern-kicking cow.

This is personal now, and for the sake of all that's good, I hope Cutler leads the Bears to the Super Bowl, wins NFL MVP, and haunts Chuck's dreams forever.

He also tried to blow up Cal's.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »
Quote from: flannj on September 17, 2012, 08:47:04 AM

I heard he put catsup on a frankfurter.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 17, 2012, 09:08:59 AM

He also put cat foeces in the human toilet.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 17, 2012, 09:21:50 AM

He ate pastrami on white bread with lettuce and mayonnaise.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 14, 2012, 07:44:42 PM
Quote from: BH on September 14, 2012, 02:47:57 PM
The bears are 13-42 when trailing at the half in Lovie's tenure. Halftime adjustments are overrated, better to stick to the plan.

I just checked the 2010 regular season, and NFL teams were 58-198 when trailing at the half. A 13-42 record seems to be right around average -- maybe a bit above average.

Is this what people are talking about when they use that word PWNAGE?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:51 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 17, 2012, 09:38:16 AM

He often crosses an intersection during traffic at a yellow light, and ends up blocking the cross-traffic.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 17, 2012, 10:10:51 AM

He often crosses an intersection during traffic at a yellow light, and ends up blocking the cross-traffic.

Wait, wait, is this while he was in the intersection waiting or did he race into the intersection while it was yellow?

Because the latter can eat a bag of dicks.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2012, 11:05:09 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 17, 2012, 10:19:11 AM
Quote from: PANK! on September 17, 2012, 10:10:51 AM

Wait, wait, is this while he was in the intersection waiting or did he race into the intersection while it was yellow?

Because the latter can eat a bag of dicks.

He refuses to merge until the last moment when approaching a lane closure.