News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,675 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #345 on: December 01, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »
Quote from: BC on December 01, 2012, 01:47:50 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 29, 2012, 09:03:25 AM
Quote from: morpheus on November 29, 2012, 08:59:32 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 28, 2012, 09:36:56 PM
Quote from: BC on November 28, 2012, 08:45:52 PM
Quote from: SKO on November 27, 2012, 08:44:02 PM
Let's see how this plays out.

HEY!!!

Be careful. BC-isms have a certain power that mere mortals don't know how to handle.

Just ask the Mayans.

Lookin' pretty buff there, Big Campeche.   

Well, I have been told body paint is slimming.

Well, I lol'd.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2012, 05:22:37 AM »

HEY!!!

Be careful. BC-isms have a certain power that mere mortals don't know how to handle.

Just ask the Mayans.

Holy shit. That is outstanding.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2012, 07:12:35 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 02, 2012, 05:22:37 AM

HEY!!!

Just ask the Mayans.

Holy shit. That is outstanding.

Morph should follow George Costanza and go out on a high note with this one.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
Back to football, but an epically gutless effort from the D in the 4th quarter.

Also, catch a damn pick that's thrown right to you.  And injuries suck.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: December 02, 2012, 03:24:21 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 02, 2012, 03:22:00 PM
Back to football, but an epically gutless effort from the D in the 4th quarter.

Also, catch a damn pick that's thrown right to you.  And injuries suck.

The gutless performance carried over into overtime as well. Fucking assholes.

I'm sure the meatballs will find a way to blame Cutler for this though.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: December 02, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »
Lynch's go-ahead score in the 4th highlighted the two main reasons the defense faltered whenever it did, as he ran through tackles by both Wright and Hayden.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: December 02, 2012, 04:14:19 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 02, 2012, 03:37:48 PM
Lynch's go-ahead score in the 4th highlighted the two main reasons the defense faltered whenever it did, as he ran through tackles by both Wright and Hayden.

The outside contain on Wilson was also nonexistent on numerous key third downs late.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: December 02, 2012, 04:38:42 PM »
I don't like the decision to go for it on 4th and 1 from inside the 20. But if you absolutely must do it, why the hell are you running behind your right guard who has never played guard. I hate this fucking team right now. I need to calm down.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: December 02, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 02, 2012, 04:38:42 PM
I don't like the decision to go for it on 4th and 1 from inside the 20. But if you absolutely must do it, why the hell are you running behind your right guard who has never played guard. I hate this fucking team right now. I need to calm down.

I like the decision, but hate the playcall.  Either sneak or run play action to someone leaking out and who will be wide open.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2012, 12:45:22 PM »
Found this nugget on SKO's site and couldn't resist. It's so dumb. Not one of these arguments makes any  sense, he has to be kidding right?

"Fro Dog said...
No, I don't think the Bears have at least two wins left in them and I'll tell you why.

1. Vikings - They are not very happy right now and haven't won in a little while.

2. Cardinals - The Bears, historically (even in 2006), have had a horrible time with this team. I know that what happened years ago isn't relevant but it is a trend.

3. Packers - They are 1-9 in their last ten games and that one win was on a Monday night where the refs helped the Bears. Aaron Rodgers owns them.

4. Lions - They barely beat them the first time around and this game is on the road.

If you want to rebuttal, feel free.
December 3, 2012 1:24 AM"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 03, 2012, 12:45:22 PM
Found this nugget on SKO's site and couldn't resist. It's so dumb. Not one of these arguments makes any  sense, he has to be kidding right?

"Fro Dog said...
No, I don't think the Bears have at least two wins left in them and I'll tell you why.

1. Vikings - They are not very happy right now and haven't won in a little while.

2. Cardinals - The Bears, historically (even in 2006), have had a horrible time with this team. I know that what happened years ago isn't relevant but it is a trend.

3. Packers - They are 1-9 in their last ten games and that one win was on a Monday night where the refs helped the Bears. Aaron Rodgers owns them.

4. Lions - They barely beat them the first time around and this game is on the road.

Okay, so on the one that can actually be analyzed statistically.

Aaron Rodgers owns them

So yes...Rodgers basically owns the Bears.
In some ways he owns them less than he owns the rest of the NFL, but using winning % of the most likely crux of his argument - he's basically right.

Arguments 1 and 2 above are insanely idiotic.  
4 has at least little low-level merit, assuming home field advantage still is worth a few points (something that invariably has been assessed statistically for recent times.)

Edit: Because I'm too lazy to fix the spreadsheet and re-save as an image and then re-upload the image, note that TD/ATT and INT/ATT should be reversed.  Those are actually ATT/TD and ATT/INT (essentially the frequency of the occurrence.)
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 03, 2012, 01:42:21 PM
Found this nugget on SKO's site and couldn't resist. It's so dumb. Not one of these arguments makes any  sense, he has to be kidding right?

"Fro Dog said...

Aaron Rodgers owns them

In some ways he owns them less than he owns the rest of the NFL, but using winning % of the most likely crux of his argument - he's basically right.

4 has at least little low-level merit, assuming home field advantage still is worth a few points (something that invariably has been assessed statistically for recent times.)

Edit: Because I'm too lazy to fix the spreadsheet and re-save as an image and then re-upload the image, note that TD/ATT and INT/ATT should be reversed.  Those are actually ATT/TD and ATT/INT (essentially the frequency of the occurrence.)

Your spreadsheet doesn't factor in if Rodgers is more or less happy when he plays the Bears.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »

"Fro Dog said...

Aaron Rodgers owns them

In general the Bears defense plays better against Rodgers than most teams in the NFL do, particularly if you look at them since they acquired Julius Peppers (since the 2008-2009 defenses were terrible). The Packers have had 20 or more offensive points in just two of their six meetings since the start of 2010, with one of those being the late season debacle in Green Bay last year where Josh McCown and Kahlil Bell were the starting backfield and they benched Tim Jennings for Zack Bowman and all kinds of shit happened.

The more accurate statement would be that the Bears will lose to Green Bay because Dom Capers owns Jay Cutler, because that's the real reason they've lost those games.

Also, the Bears, in my memory, have played the Cardinals three times in the last decade. They won 28-7 in 2003 behind Brock Forsey and Kordell Stewart over Jeff Blake, so that's TOTALLY going to factor into this year's game. They won the Denny Green Game in 2006, and they lost to Kurt Warner in 2009. So yeah, the Bears have sucked against the Cardinals this last decade, winning just 2/3rds of the time and they're screwed if Kurt Warner comes out of retirement to lead Arizona to victory. Trends.

The Vikings thing is just the best argument for anything ever. THEY'RE GOING TO WIN BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN LOSING A LOT LATELY, AND BOY HOWDY ARE THEY TIRED OF IT!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
Found this nugget on SKO's site and couldn't resist.

Well, you could have.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 03, 2012, 02:17:03 PM

"Fro Dog said...

Aaron Rodgers owns them

In general the Bears defense plays better against Rodgers than most teams in the NFL do, particularly if you look at them since they acquired Julius Peppers (since the 2008-2009 defenses were terrible). The Packers have had 20 or more offensive points in just two of their six meetings since the start of 2010, with one of those being the late season debacle in Green Bay last year where Josh McCown and Kahlil Bell were the starting backfield and they benched Tim Jennings for Zack Bowman and all kinds of shit happened.

The more accurate statement would be that the Bears will lose to Green Bay because Dom Capers owns Jay Cutler, because that's the real reason they've lost those games.

Also, the Bears, in my memory, have played the Cardinals three times in the last decade. They won 28-7 in 2003 behind Brock Forsey and Kordell Stewart over Jeff Blake, so that's TOTALLY going to factor into this year's game. They won the Denny Green Game in 2006, and they lost to Kurt Warner in 2009. So yeah, the Bears have sucked against the Cardinals this last decade, winning just 2/3rds of the time and they're screwed if Kurt Warner comes out of retirement to lead Arizona to victory. Trends.

The Vikings thing is just the best argument for anything ever. THEY'RE GOING TO WIN BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN LOSING A LOT LATELY, AND BOY HOWDY ARE THEY TIRED OF IT!

Quote from: SKOmer
In general the Bears defense plays better against Rodgers than most teams in the NFL do

This is a really, really meatball homer Bears fan generous interpretation of the data.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"