News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,578 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #375 on: December 04, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 04, 2012, 02:39:39 PM
Urlacher out 3 games or maybe the whole regular season.

I don't need a link. It's a fact.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:33 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 04, 2012, 02:43:07 PM

For anyone who does want a link.

On the flip side:

Cutler said he'd consider taking a "hometown discount" to remain with the Bears because less money in a contract would mean more flexibility for the team in its efforts to acquire talent.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »

Damn that Lovie Smith for playing him

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 04, 2012, 02:44:33 PM
On the flip side:

Cutler said he'd consider taking a "hometown discount" to remain with the Bears because less money in a contract would mean more flexibility for the team in its efforts to acquire talent.

Not a leader

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 04, 2012, 02:45:24 PM
Quote from: PenPho on December 04, 2012, 02:44:33 PM
On the flip side:

Not a leader

Maybe they can use that money to conjure up a new Urlacher.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
Am I wrong to be more worried about Chris Conte's health than Urlacher's? Now they finally have a chance to see what Zorich can do there.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
Conte had the flu. The dropoff in talent between Urlacher and Roach is probably negligible at this point but Urlacher is the captain of the defense, in charge of playcalls etc. If dudes are suddenly out of position and getting pantsed while a step slow due to injuries, we're all going to die.

Time for the offense to start putting up the awesome numbers we were all promised while the defense gets old and shitty before our very eyes.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: December 04, 2012, 03:52:26 PM »
This isn't good news, but it's not devastating like it would have been in the past. Urlacher's been more or less useless for large parts of the year against the run, and he's been a big part of them getting gashed the last several weeks. The Roach/Hayes combo will probably cover more ground. Where this hurts, like Pex said, is in his recognition and playcalling, as well as his coverage. I'm going to put the terror alert here at RED IT'S AT RED. THEY'VE LOST 3 OF 4 AND THEY HAVE NO URLACHER. FUCKING PANIC.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: December 04, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 04, 2012, 03:52:26 PM
This isn't good news, but it's not devastating like it would have been in the past. Urlacher's been more or less useless for large parts of the year against the run, and he's been a big part of them getting gashed the last several weeks. The Roach/Hayes combo will probably cover more ground. Where this hurts, like Pex said, is in his recognition and playcalling, as well as his coverage. I'm going to put the terror alert here at RED IT'S AT RED. THEY'VE LOST 3 OF 4 AND THEY HAVE NO URLACHER. FUCKING PANIC.

Can't they just get him a helicopter and a head set so he can call the plays from a above like some kind of bionic heli-god?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: December 04, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »

Well, not to blame Lovie completely, but I am going to for the most part here. Had this idiot called a timeout in overtime to rest the defense for a bit and break up the rhythm of the Seahwks, maybe this doesn't happen.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: December 04, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 04, 2012, 04:34:08 PM

Well, not to blame Lovie completely, but I am going to for the most part here. Had this idiot called a timeout in overtime to rest the defense for a bit and break up the rhythm of the Seahwks, maybe this doesn't happen.

Thanks, Fro.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: December 04, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 04, 2012, 04:33:08 PM

Can't they just get him a helicopter and a head set so he can call the plays from a above like some kind of bionic heli-god?

Yeah. I'm really not that worried. Roach got all of the reps at MLB for an entire training camp and preseason with Urlacher out. This is a veteran defense. If they can't survive 3 of 4 games against non-playoff teams without a linebacker who was half-disabled to begin with, they really don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2012, 06:06:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 04, 2012, 06:14:17 PM

Yeah. I'm really not that worried. Roach got all of the reps at MLB for an entire training camp and preseason with Urlacher out. This is a veteran defense. If they can't survive 3 of 4 games against non-playoff teams without a linebacker who was half-disabled to begin with, they really don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

This sounds eerily familiar.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 05, 2012, 06:06:35 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 04, 2012, 06:14:17 PM

This sounds eerily familiar.

I've been sticking my fingers in my ear and going "lalalala" every time pro football focus has tried to tell me all year long that Urlacher's mostly looked like crap in everything but covering short passes, but now I'm going to take it as comfort that maybe they really will be okay without him. It's all I got, champ.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2012, 09:36:45 AM »
Peanut (foot) and Briggs (ankle) looked a step slow too. Chris Conte needs to hurry back. HGH being a helluva drug and what not, there could be some improvement in the back seven this weekend. There will ahve to be. Major Wrong is not our friend.