News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 364,439 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #3150 on: September 12, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 12, 2016, 03:02:37 PM
Former Cubs prospect Dan Vogelbach is coming up to the Mariners now that his Triple-A season is over. He's expected to play right away because Adam Lind recently sprained a finger.

Maybe you could start a new thread to talk about guys not on the Cubs anymore?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3151 on: September 12, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 12, 2016, 03:18:00 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 12, 2016, 03:02:37 PM
Former Cubs prospect Dan Vogelbach is coming up to the Mariners now that his Triple-A season is over. He's expected to play right away because Adam Lind recently sprained a finger.

Maybe you could start a new thread to talk about guys not on the Cubs anymore?

Or we could do what literally everyone else on earth will have done by 2018 and forget about him.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3152 on: September 12, 2016, 11:45:13 PM »
2018? I'd already forgotten about him within a week of him being traded.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3153 on: September 13, 2016, 11:45:41 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on September 12, 2016, 11:45:13 PM
2018? I'd already forgotten about him within a week of him being traded.

Mike Montgomery has already been more useful to the Cubs than Vogelbach ever would have been, barring a meteor falling on Rizzo.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3154 on: November 20, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »
Bump for Ian Happ hitting a HR from each side of the plate during the AFL title game.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3155 on: April 05, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »
Despite not being much excitement after the top 3, it's worth noting (from this article on the top 30) that 11 of the top 30 prospects are in Triple-A this year, on a team with no obvious room. 

Seems like we could/should see some of these guys go this year. 

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3156 on: April 05, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 05, 2017, 10:14:23 AM
Despite not being much excitement after the top 3, it's worth noting (from this article on the top 30) that 11 of the top 30 prospects are in Triple-A this year, on a team with no obvious room. 

Every team that's selling pitchers at the deadline will have Jepstink on speed dial.
TIME TO POST!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3157 on: April 05, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 05, 2017, 10:45:06 AM

Every team that's selling pitchers at the deadline will have Jepstink on speed dial.

I don't think people use speed dial anymore. They store contact information in their cell phone, and then either look that person up in their contacts and call them or just send them a text message. I give this post two Pinocchios.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3158 on: April 05, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 05, 2017, 05:06:08 PM

I don't think people use speed dial anymore. They store contact information in their cell phone, and then either look that person up in their contacts and call them or just send them a text message. I give this post two Pinocchios.

Speed dial is picking up the phone and pressing only a button or two to call up the person, instead of dialing the full 10 digit. An these newfangled cell phones let someone pick up the phone, press a couple buttons and call up a person instead of dialing the full 10 digit. It is, as you may see now, a speed dial, after all.

Checkmate, bitch

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3159 on: April 06, 2017, 07:50:58 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 05, 2017, 09:27:40 PM

Speed dial is picking up the phone and pressing only a button or two to call up the person, instead of dialing the full 10 digit. An these newfangled cell phones let someone pick up the phone, press a couple buttons and call up a person instead of dialing the full 10 digit. It is, as you may see now, a speed dial, after all.

Checkmate, bitch

Yeah, I lol'd when I first read this reply but then re-read it and realized the speed dial is the *only* way people use mobile phones.  BOO, RV--BOOO!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3160 on: April 06, 2017, 08:10:56 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on April 06, 2017, 07:50:58 AM

Checkmate, bitch

Yeah, I lol'd when I first read this reply but then re-read it and realized the speed dial is the *only* way people use mobile phones.  BOO, RV--BOOO!

I think the idea of 'speed dial' is relative.  For example, it makes more than just a few buttons to dial a phone number.  I have to open the phone app, click on 'contacts', find the contact and call him/her.  Whereas in my car, in its bluetooth functionality, I can go to a 'speed dial' feature and just press the one button to call, assuming the contact is set in that function.

So, I'm not sure with whom I'm agreeing here but I definitely think the functionality of 'speed dial' still exists.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3161 on: April 06, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »

Checkmate, bitch

Speed dial is specific to landlines. Note that I didn't claim that the method for calling people on a cell phone was faster than a landline speed dial. The point is that people don't really use landlines (and their corresponding features e.g. speed dial) anymore.

Show me a screenshot of the term "speed dial" as a function in your cell phone menu and I'll eat my hatphone.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3162 on: April 06, 2017, 10:36:27 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 06, 2017, 09:40:53 AM

Checkmate, bitch

Speed dial is specific to landlines. Note that I didn't claim that the method for calling people on a cell phone was faster than a landline speed dial. The point is that people don't really use landlines (and their corresponding features e.g. speed dial) anymore.

Show me a screenshot of the term "speed dial" as a function in your cell phone menu and I'll eat my hatphone.

"Favorites" is the new "Speed Dial."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3163 on: April 06, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »

Checkmate, bitch

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3164 on: April 06, 2017, 11:21:27 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 06, 2017, 11:16:12 AM

Checkmate, bitch

RV's extended hiatus has rendered his Desipio game so off-kilter that Yeti's pwning the fuck out of him with a simple flick of the wrist.  Sad!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs