News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,657 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #315 on: July 09, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 09, 2013, 12:16:28 PM
Quote from: Fork on July 09, 2013, 07:53:33 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 08, 2013, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 08, 2013, 11:28:16 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 08, 2013, 11:25:32 PM
Friggin' prospects.  Give me Jeff Francoeur any day.

Of course they are prospects. They are still alive.

Don't cross him off yet!

Kenny Hubbs is a perfect example of why the Cubs should never rely on prospects.

No, Fork.

That's nuts.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: July 10, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2013, 05:40:37 PM »
Junior Lake...BONERTIME.

FYBH!
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2013, 05:54:28 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 18, 2013, 05:40:37 PM
Junior Lake...BONERTIME.

FYBH!

If the Cubs had signed Francoeur there'd be no need to waste at-bats on some damn prospect.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: July 21, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »
Going to a Cougars game this afternoon (highly recommended - especially for those of you with kids), I got to see Albert Almora ply his trade in person. Believe the hype. He worked the count well and hit the ball on the screws every time up.

Vogelbach and Shoulders are fun players, but they're never going to be Cubs. Or on any other team in the National League.

Reggie Golden hit a homer, but had a couple ugly ABs. But he looks like a legit right fielder, and has a really nice arm out there.

The other guy who looked really solid in every at bat and had a couple nice plays in the field was 2B Gioskar Amaya. I know his numbers have been up and down all year, but at least today he looked like a prospect.

Next season, we're definitely doing a group buy. As it is, there was no shortage of morans today.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 21, 2013, 07:58:41 PM
Going to a Cougars game this afternoon (highly recommended - especially for those of you with kids), I got to see Albert Almora ply his trade in person. Believe the hype. He worked the count well and hit the ball on the screws every time up.

Vogelbach and Shoulders are fun players, but they're never going to be Cubs. Or on any other team in the National League.

Reggie Golden hit a homer, but had a couple ugly ABs. But he looks like a legit right fielder, and has a really nice arm out there.

The other guy who looked really solid in every at bat and had a couple nice plays in the field was 2B Gioskar Amaya. I know his numbers have been up and down all year, but at least today he looked like a prospect.

Next season, we're definitely doing a group buy. As it is, there was no shortage of morans today.

These opinions don't matter yet. 99 more games to watch, pal.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: July 22, 2013, 10:39:22 AM »
Jesse Sanchez channeling his inner BC in response to my query about JenHo Tseng, whom the Cubs were "on the verge of a deal with" 2 weeks ago.

Quote from: Jesse Sanchez
#Cubs have obviously been very busy, @efriedman. They are in on everyone it seems. Good time to be a fan but have to see how all plays out

Also, holy shit people on Twitter are stupid.

Quote from: Me
Profar, Perez and...? "@TBrownYahoo: In Garza negotiations, Cubs and Rangers have exchanged medical reports. Final stage."

Quote from: ‏@WSDScofield
@efriedman No, Olt and/or Sardinas topping it off, Rangers keep Perez and Profar

Quote from: @keels81
@efriedman: ... uh, doubtful.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: July 22, 2013, 11:07:08 AM »
I don't understand this PenFoe quote tree at all:

Quote from: PenFoe on July 22, 2013, 10:39:22 AM
Jesse Sanchez channeling his inner BC in response to my query about JenHo Tseng, whom the Cubs were "on the verge of a deal with" 2 weeks ago.

#Cubs have obviously been very busy, @efriedman. They are in on everyone it seems. Good time to be a fan but have to see how all plays out

Profar, Perez and...? "@TBrownYahoo: In Garza negotiations, Cubs and Rangers have exchanged medical reports. Final stage."

@efriedman No, Olt and/or Sardinas topping it off, Rangers keep Perez and Profar
[/quote

[/quote

"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2013, 11:27:38 AM »
Quote from: Bort on July 22, 2013, 11:07:08 AM
I don't understand this PenFoe quote tree at all:

What?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2013, 11:39:20 AM »
What?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 22, 2013, 11:39:20 AM
What?

1. I made what I thought was an obvious joke about the prospects coming back to the Cubs from Texas for Garza, lacking the necessary green font. 
2. Random internet people thought I was serious and retarded (Potentially fair, since I'm a Cubs fan) and responded as such.
3. I did not profit.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: July 22, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 22, 2013, 11:42:57 AM
What?

1. I made what I thought was an obvious joke about the prospects coming back to the Cubs from Texas for Garza, lacking the necessary green font. 
2. Random internet people thought I was serious and retarded (Potentially fair, since I'm a Cubs fan) and responded as such.
3. I did not profit.

Maybe just change your sig line to Cool Story, Bro and save us all the bother.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: July 22, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 21, 2013, 08:28:19 PM
Quote from: Fork on July 21, 2013, 07:58:41 PM

These opinions don't matter yet. 99 more games to watch, pal.

If it meanss 99 more of theor BBQ pork chop sandwiches, I'm in.
TIME TO POST!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: July 22, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 22, 2013, 11:47:21 AM
What?

3. I did not profit.

The intention of the original post was that Jen-Ho Tseng is still in play and that Jesse wants us to wait to see how it all plays out. 

Admittedly, I probably should have stopped there.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 22, 2013, 11:51:42 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 22, 2013, 11:47:21 AM
What?

3. I did not profit.

The intention of the original post was that Jen-Ho Tseng is still in play and that Jesse wants us to wait to see how it all plays out. 

Admittedly I admit it, I probably should have stopped there.

Sincerity'd
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.