News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,691 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #795 on: February 25, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 25, 2014, 12:29:26 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 20, 2014, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: Tonker on February 20, 2014, 02:52:38 PM
To be fair to Chuck, that was a particularly joyless postseason, particularly given the fact that the Cubs were officially - by five fucking games - the best team in the NL that year.  They were THIRTEEN games better than the Dodgers, and went down without so much as a whimper, scoring but six fucking runs in the process.  I'm not going to pretend I enjoyed any of that.

I was at Game 1 of that NLDS. The place was a library.  It got a little loud when DeRosa homered, then silent when Loney went yard.  We left as Maddux came in to close out the game.  The next night, no one wanted to catch the ball.  When they got to LA, I barely wanted to watch.

Try being at Game 3 in LA.  By the fifth inning, I was doing everything in my power to cover up the Cubs shirt I was wearing.  That I was able to escape the parking lot unscathed still confounds me to this day.

Also, Fuck Manny.

I was at Game 3 in 2007. Rich Hill shit the bed on the first pitch.  By the 5th inning, we were on the upper deck balcony drinking and ignoring the game.  With about half of the rest of the upper deck.

That said, I do have a fond memory from that year: Z nearly killing Barrett.

For all my Korey and Soriano bile, I think I hated Michael Barrett more than any other Cub ever.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #796 on: February 25, 2014, 12:59:53 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 25, 2014, 12:57:24 PM
To be fair to Chuck, that was a particularly joyless postseason, particularly given the fact that the Cubs were officially - by five fucking games - the best team in the NL that year.  They were THIRTEEN games better than the Dodgers, and went down without so much as a whimper, scoring but six fucking runs in the process.  I'm not going to pretend I enjoyed any of that.

I was at Game 1 of that NLDS. The place was a library.  It got a little loud when DeRosa homered, then silent when Loney went yard.  We left as Maddux came in to close out the game.  The next night, no one wanted to catch the ball.  When they got to LA, I barely wanted to watch.

Try being at Game 3 in LA.  By the fifth inning, I was doing everything in my power to cover up the Cubs shirt I was wearing.  That I was able to escape the parking lot unscathed still confounds me to this day.

Also, Fuck Manny.

I was at Game 3 in 2007. Rich Hill shit the bed on the first pitch.  By the 5th inning, we were on the upper deck balcony drinking and ignoring the game.  With about half of the rest of the upper deck.

For all my Korey and Soriano bile, I think I hated Michael Barrett more than any other Cub ever.

I was at that game as well. Kicked out after the DeRosa double play because I spent the next half inning screaming obscenities at Jock Jones.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #797 on: February 25, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 25, 2014, 12:59:53 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 25, 2014, 12:57:24 PM

Also, Fuck Manny.

I was at that game as well. Kicked out after the DeRosa double play because I spent the next half inning screaming obscenities at Jock Jones.

I was at Game 1 that year, about 10,000 feet up in the air at the BOB. 

Sadly, the highlight of the game was Ronnie Woo-Woo showing up in the 8th to rally the fans in the upper deck. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #798 on: February 25, 2014, 01:17:43 PM »

I was there when Stargell hit the homer off Phil Regan...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #799 on: February 25, 2014, 01:45:28 PM »
I was there when Marc Trestman elected to have his team attempt a 47 yard field goal on second down in Overtime.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #800 on: February 25, 2014, 02:01:16 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 25, 2014, 01:45:28 PM
I was there when Marc Trestman elected to have his team attempt a 47 yard field goal on second down in Overtime.

Trestman still asks why you unfriended him.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #801 on: February 25, 2014, 02:01:31 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 25, 2014, 01:45:28 PM

I was there when Jay Cutler tore his MCL then sported a dour countenance while Caleb Hanie threw a pick six to a 400-lb lineman.

Fuck my life. Fuck it in it's dour face.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #802 on: February 25, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 25, 2014, 01:17:43 PM

I was there in ought3 when "Wrong-Way" Harrigan hit a squibber to second that had so much back spin that when it landed in front of Hasfelder he couldn't get a glove on it and it squirted past Magpie Mulligan who was playing shortstop that day because Hollerin' Hollister was out with a sprained groin that he got when dismounting his horseless carriage on the wrong side anyway old Wrong-way who was right handed got confused and was batting out of the left hander's batting box which is maybe why he didn't get much wood on the ball and took off on a straight line to third which is why after that they called him "Wrong-side" but the paper guy, "One-finger" Telander who we called that cause that's the way he used his new fangled writing machine,   got it wrong and wrote "Wrong-way", and anyway "Blind-bat" Onstetter was umpiring that day and as you know he hit the bottle pretty hard so he calls "Wrong-way"  safe on a close play at third while "Big-nose" Barnburner who was the runner at second all this time gets half way to third but sees "Wrong-way" tearing up the third base line, I woulda' said tearin' down be seein' as he was comin' as it were the wrong way I gotta say "up" so Barnburner turns around and heads back to first and then of course to home and since no one ever done that before no one is payin' attention to him and he comes across the plate and Blind-bat who by this time prolly realizes something is wrong decides he might as well be consistent so he calls Branburner safe with the winning run and that is how the Orphans won the pennant.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #803 on: February 25, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »
I was there when Dusty Baker had Mark Prior throw 7 innings and 116 pitches in Game 2 of the '03 NLDS in which the Cubs led 11-0 after 5 innings (and 12-2 after 6)
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #804 on: February 25, 2014, 02:09:56 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 25, 2014, 02:05:56 PM

I was there in ought3 when "Wrong-Way" Harrigan hit a squibber to second that had so much back spin that when it landed in front of Hasfelder he couldn't get a glove on it and it squirted past Magpie Mulligan who was playing shortstop that day because Hollerin' Hollister was out with a sprained groin that he got when dismounting his horseless carriage on the wrong side anyway old Wrong-way who was right handed got confused and was batting out of the left hander's batting box which is maybe why he didn't get much wood on the ball and took off on a straight line to third which is why after that they called him "Wrong-side" but the paper guy, "One-finger" Telander who we called that cause that's the way he used his new fangled writing machine,   got it wrong and wrote "Wrong-way", and anyway "Blind-bat" Onstetter was umpiring that day and as you know he hit the bottle pretty hard so he calls "Wrong-way"  safe on a close play at third while "Big-nose" Barnburner who was the runner at second all this time gets half way to third but sees "Wrong-way" tearing up the third base line, I woulda' said tearin' down be seein' as he was comin' as it were the wrong way I gotta say "up" so Barnburner turns around and heads back to first and then of course to home and since no one ever done that before no one is payin' attention to him and he comes across the plate and Blind-bat who by this time prolly realizes something is wrong decides he might as well be consistent so he calls Branburner safe with the winning run and that is how the Orphans won the pennant.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #805 on: February 25, 2014, 02:13:41 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 25, 2014, 02:09:56 PM
Quote from: CBStew on February 25, 2014, 02:05:56 PM

TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #806 on: February 25, 2014, 03:34:14 PM »
DPD.

Less of Vogelbach this season.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #807 on: February 25, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 25, 2014, 02:09:15 PM
I was there when Dusty Baker had Mark Prior throw 7 innings and 116 pitches in Game 2 of the '03 NLDS in which the Cubs led 11-0 after 5 innings (and 12-2 after 6)

I was also there

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #808 on: February 25, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 25, 2014, 03:55:10 PM

I was also there

So was Juan Cruz.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #809 on: February 25, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 25, 2014, 04:09:43 PM
Quote from: Slaky on February 25, 2014, 03:55:10 PM

I was also there

So was Juan Cruz.

He was sitting next to me just under the scoreboard in center.