News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,650 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #825 on: February 27, 2014, 03:22:30 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 27, 2014, 01:36:09 PM
The Cubs are Jason Parks' second-best farm system in the game.

1. Minnesota
2. Chicago Cubs

Farm System Ranking in 2013: 12
2014 Top Ten Prospects: Link
State of the System: Thanks to a strong draft, clever trades, an aggressive acquisition plan in the international market, and developmental progress from some of the big names in the system, the Cubs became one of the strongest systems in the game.
Top Prospect: Javier Baez (4)
Breakout Candidates for 2014: Jeimer Candelario and Paul Blackburn
Prospects on the BP 101: 7
Must-See Affiliate: Double-A Tennessee
Prospects to See There: Kris Bryant, Albert Almora, Jorge Soler, CJ Edwards, Pierce Johnson, Dan Vogelbach
Farm System Trajectory for 2015: Up. While its likely that several of the Cubs' top prospects will get a taste of the majors in 2014, the majority of the talent will remain eligible for next season's list, and if you add to the mix a high draft pick this June and an extreme amount of young depth ready to make their stateside debuts, the system could take over the coveted rank of number one in baseball.

3. Pittsburgh
4. Boston
5. Houston
6. St. Louis
7. Kansas City
8. New York Mets
9. Texas
10. Colorado

16. Cincinnati

21. White Sox

29. Milwaukee

Milwaukee is absolutely fucked.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: February 27, 2014, 04:00:24 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 27, 2014, 03:22:30 PM

1. Minnesota
2. Chicago Cubs

State of the System: Thanks to a strong draft, clever trades, an aggressive acquisition plan in the international market, and developmental progress from some of the big names in the system, the Cubs became one of the strongest systems in the game.
Prospects to See There: Kris Bryant, Albert Almora, Jorge Soler, CJ Edwards, Pierce Johnson, Dan Vogelbach
Farm System Trajectory for 2015: Up. While its likely that several of the Cubs' top prospects will get a taste of the majors in 2014, the majority of the talent will remain eligible for next season's list, and if you add to the mix a high draft pick this June and an extreme amount of young depth ready to make their stateside debuts, the system could take over the coveted rank of number one in baseball.

3. Pittsburgh
4. Boston
5. Houston
6. St. Louis
7. Kansas City
8. New York Mets
9. Texas
10. Colorado

16. Cincinnati

21. White Sox

29. Milwaukee

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: February 27, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 27, 2014, 03:08:44 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 27, 2014, 02:40:25 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 27, 2014, 01:53:32 PM
I'm not buying Almora and Vogelbach both starting the year in AA.

Note: Players mentioned in the "Prospects To See There" sections aren't necessarily starting the season at the "Must-See Affiliate." However, they may appear there at some point in 2014.

Thanks. Link was blocked.

I'm still hoping Rock Shoulders somehow rises up in the rankings, because Rock Shoulders.

I believe that is "Rock, scissors, paper"
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #828 on: February 28, 2014, 09:00:02 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 27, 2014, 04:07:09 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 27, 2014, 03:08:44 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 27, 2014, 02:40:25 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 27, 2014, 01:53:32 PM
I'm not buying Almora and Vogelbach both starting the year in AA.

Note: Players mentioned in the "Prospects To See There" sections aren't necessarily starting the season at the "Must-See Affiliate." However, they may appear there at some point in 2014.

Thanks. Link was blocked.

I'm still hoping Rock Shoulders somehow rises up in the rankings, because Rock Shoulders.

I believe that is "Rock, scissors, paper"

/Storck Joke
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #829 on: February 28, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 27, 2014, 04:00:24 PM

1. Minnesota
2. Chicago Cubs

3. Pittsburgh
4. Boston
5. Houston
6. St. Louis
7. Kansas City
8. New York Mets
9. Texas
10. Colorado

16. Cincinnati

21. White Sox

29. Milwaukee

Surprisingly enough you can still buy this shit. The page says it's authentic LA (Louisiana?) culture, vomited onto a shirt. I think the female models on the page might...might get away with wearing it but that's about it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #830 on: February 28, 2014, 02:20:36 PM »

1. Minnesota
2. Chicago Cubs

3. Pittsburgh
4. Boston
5. Houston
6. St. Louis
7. Kansas City
8. New York Mets
9. Texas
10. Colorado

16. Cincinnati

21. White Sox

29. Milwaukee

Yeah, but the Cardinals keep stocking their pond, and they've managed to not have to bury any pitchers for a while.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: February 28, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
SPLOOOOOOOOOSH.  And why Darwin Barney's HR is featured on the Cubs' home page and not this one is beyond me.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #832 on: March 01, 2014, 09:42:35 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 28, 2014, 05:35:06 PM
SPLOOOOOOOOOSH.  And why Darwin Barney's HR is featured on the Cubs' home page and not this one is beyond me.
Probably because the odds of Barney hitting a home run against a major league pitcher are so much lower.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: March 01, 2014, 11:47:38 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 01, 2014, 09:42:35 AM
Probably because the odds of Barney hitting a home run against a "major" league pitcher are so much lower.

Brett Moran and Jarrett Grube'd

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: March 01, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 01, 2014, 11:47:38 AM
Quote from: Bort on March 01, 2014, 09:42:35 AM
Probably because the odds of Barney hitting a home run against a "major" league pitcher are so much lower.

Brett Moran and Jarrett Grube'd

Damn it, stop letting facts get in the way of my Barney hate.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #835 on: March 03, 2014, 01:40:26 PM »
Parks says stuff:

Baez has the best bat speed I've seen since I started evaluating talent at the minor league level, and it might be some of the best bat speed I've seen period. It's violent—no doubt—and I'm not always sold that he can control the bat after he triggers. But when he unsheathes that weapon and it finds the ball, the cowhide screams in what I believe to both ecstasy and agony.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: March 03, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 03, 2014, 01:40:26 PM
Parks says stuff:

Baez has the best bat speed I've seen since I started evaluating talent at the minor league level, and it might be some of the best bat speed I've seen period. It's violent—no doubt—and I'm not always sold that he can control the bat after he triggers. But when he unsheathes that weapon and it finds the ball, the cowhide screams in what I believe to both ecstasy and agony.

I think Parks knows his stuff pretty well, but I just can't handle him on Twitter with all of his weird hashtags and homoeroticism. Nice to see him here be a little more normal in this chat.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #837 on: March 03, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 03, 2014, 01:50:34 PM
Parks says stuff:

I think Parks knows his stuff pretty well, but I just can't handle him on Twitter with all of his weird hashtags and homoeroticism. Nice to see him here be a little more normal in this chat.

And here I was about to comment on the suggestive nature of "unsheathes that weapon" and "screams in ... ecstasy and agony."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #838 on: March 03, 2014, 02:32:06 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 03, 2014, 01:58:06 PM
Parks says stuff:

And here I was about to comment on the suggestive nature of "unsheathes that weapon" and "screams in ... ecstasy and agony."

Exactly. It's all relative.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #839 on: March 03, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 03, 2014, 02:32:06 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on March 03, 2014, 01:58:06 PM
Parks says stuff:

Exactly. It's all relative.

Hard to be more into dicks than that